Cotto-Gomez, worth it at +500?

Gomez needs to come out and swing for the fences early. He isn't going to work on Cotto and get in him in the later rounds, Gomez doesn't have the build or the skill. His only chance is to try and hurt him early, and finish. I don't see Cotto losing this one if Gomez tries and boxes him. Save your money.

Only way you win money betting on Gomez is if Cotto KOs himself.

I would bet that Mayorga would Knock Cotto out

The only way Mayorga would KO Cotto is if he broke into Cotto's house at night and punched him while Cotto was sleeping. If he Cotto wakes up, Mayorga would be dead.

Gomez is no slouch but Cotto is right up there with Mayweather and just crushes people.

gatti is washed up and was nearing the end of his career. so you gomez bet was logical, but cotto is just unstoppable right now

Cotto better come to this fight prepared and he better not overlook Gomez. Gomez is a tough dude and I guarantee you he's training his ass off. Cotto should win but if he comes ill-prepared who knows..

+500 is WAY too small. Gomez should be at least +800 before even considering betting on him, he is a tremendous underdog. This is Miguel Cotto he's fighting, not Kermit Cintron or Carlos Quintana.

If Gomez is at +500, Cotto should be around -600 to -650. That's a steal, I see no way that Gomez wins this fight. He won't knock him out and he won't outbox him.

The only way Mayorga would KO Cotto is if he broke into Cotto's house at night and punched him while Cotto was sleeping. If he Cotto wakes up, Mayorga would be dead.

If Cotto is already asleep then how can Mayorga knock hi.....ahh nevermind

To all yall thinking Cotto would beat Mayorga

1. Mayorga is natural bigger
2. Cotto cant take a hit well
3. Cotto lead jab and huge step is careless and Mayorga can land a hook.

I say Mayorga by KO

To all yall thinking Cotto would beat Mayorga

1. Mayorga is natural bigger
2. Cotto cant take a hit well
3. Cotto lead jab and huge step is careless and Mayorga can land a hook.

I say Mayorga by KO

1. So fucking what.
2. Yes he can.
3. Are you really saying Mayorga will capitalise on Cotto's technical mistakes?

I say Cotto by KO

Mayorga has a puncher's chance, but I believe Cotto's chin has improved since he moved up in weight. Making weight for 140 for a solid built guy like him was probably draining. At 147, he took decent shots from Zab and Shane and didn't go down. I personally see a technical mismatch. Cotto would wreck him with body shots and left hooks. Also, can Mayorga make 147 anymore?

This whole thing about Cotto not being able to take a shot is BS. Says who? He's came back to knock out everyone who's hurt him, except for Mosley, who he also beat. Even when he's gotten hit, he still presses forward and appears unfazed.

And to the guy who's talking about his jab as a weakness, I strongly disagree with you. He used to be known for his left hook to the body, but I think his jab is becoming the strongest part of the game. He covers a lot of distance with it, but he's not leaving himself open when he does so. He HURT Mosley and Judah with his jab. And LOL at Mayorga doing anything technical against anybody ever. If Mosley and Judah couldnt time that jab to land a 3, Mayorga aint gonna either.

Knock him out just like he did Tito - Mayorga would! the PR killa!

How the hell Mayorga is even relevant anymore, is something outside of my comprehension.

This whole thing about Cotto not being able to take a shot is BS. Says who? He's came back to knock out everyone who's hurt him, except for Mosley, who he also beat. Even when he's gotten hit, he still presses forward and appears unfazed.

well I wouldnt say his chin is all that bad, but his recovery is slow

Torres literally walked him down for a whole round, Cotto accidently saved himself with a lowblow from Judah, Shane was too gassed to finish him after his overhand

When Cotto gets hit, he loses all concentration and needs alot of time to recouperate, and Mayorga will not let him. Mayorga by TKO

Back