Cotto-Gomez, worth it at +500?

efloridacoupons

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I won a lot on Gomez against Gatti, I love the way Gomez fights.
At +500, I put a lot on him again against Cotto.
Anyone else think Gomez has a good chance of upsetting Cotto?

Plus 500 translates to Gomez winning one out of every 5 times they fight? Is that right?

If so, I think the proper odds would be more like +700. So I don't think it's worth it.

PS: Gatti was totally washed up. Cotto sure as hell isn't.

But good luck with your bets whatever you choose. :)

Plus 500 translates to Gomez winning one out of every 5 times they fight? Is that right?

If so, I think the proper odds would be more like +700. So I don't think it's worth it.

PS: Gatti was totally washed up. Cotto sure as hell isn't.

But good luck with your bets whatever you choose. :)

i'd say more like +950.

hey why not but some money on him, the payout would be great but dont go overboard

Gomez blocks shots with his head, not good.

no!!!!!but you never know,put 20 bucks on it,a freak accident could happen like him koing himself or he could break a hand or something.

Kind of funny the mentality of gamblers. It's simply a risk versus reward tradeoff.

It's like roulette, do you just bet on one number because a freak thing can happen and you'll hit? In the long run, the outcome is always the same because of the mathematics.

If you want to bet Gomez, bet because you think the odds of him winning are better than the gambling line. Not because it's a longshot and you win more when longshots win. that's already adjusted for.

i can't see gomez hurting cotto.

gomez was much bigger than gatti and thats not the case here.

Sure the odds are fat, but they should be fatter. If you can get Gomez @ +500, it means Cotto is WAY undervalued. Gomez should be at least +900.

Besides, you don't make money betting on losers.

Holy shit, Alfonso Gomez? He has NO chance here. It's just not gonna happen.

This reminds me of that commercial that says something like: A good deal, is only a good deal on something you want.
Then it shows some stereo sales guy giving a dude a sweet deal on an 8-track.

Dude, if you bet on Gomez you may as well give your money to a street person.

Seriously, this is such a long shot, the odds should be 100:1 or better.

I like Gomez, he seems like a nice kid, and I don't begrudge him this payday in any way. He is the quintisential no-hoper here however.

This would be the most far fetched upset I've ever seen in ALL of sports, not just boxing.

I thought he'd seriously open at +800 and above... I'd wait till the fight gets closer, i bet it slides.

I thought he'd seriously open at +800 and above... I'd wait till the fight gets closer, i bet it slides.

i have only gambled a few times, and not too familiar with it. I have only noticed it slide to make odds closer, never further apart as the fight drew closer. Would they do that because not enough people bet on gomez?

All the late money is gonna come from the Rican fanbase, on Cotto. He will firm, Gomez ill get fatter.

Wow! If you're betting on Gomez just give your money to an orphanage. They need it more than a bookie and you're losing it either way!

I guess Miguel needs a soft fight for once. Gomez will get spanked. He is a tough SOB but I think Cotto by TKO (accumulation of body shots) in round 8.

What's a lot?

The last and only time I took a flyer on a line like that was when Serra was +620 against GSP. But, I actually thought Serra had a chance, and I only bet $20.

Back