Cotto-Gomez, worth it at +500?

I don;t bet on fighters I don't think can win. Gomez would have to be +2500 for me to drop a buck on him.

In fact, i don't even give a shit about the showtime fights. Other than B-hop and now calzaghe, who the hell is there in the light heavyweight division? A bunch of old guys (I love Glen Johnson, but god damn) and Joey Spina. That's who.

james van der beek

you guys better pray gomez doesn't win.

if he does, floyd has no that can even come close to challenging him (as floyd will lopsided UD gomez)

pray for a stunning cotto KO (i think actually cotto takes a dec)

fight wont be boring, thats for sure, gomez can bring a fight... he's just outgunned in this one.

Sure he does. This guy.

n6806859_41484630_1774.jpg

if oscar was willing to go back to 147, and willing to fight another Puerto Rican, he would so smash Cotto llike he did to Tito Trinidad

In your book, does smashing someone mean running for your life for the last few rounds? Oscar may have won but he didn

running for his life??!!?

he didnt punch back because he thought he was ahead by more than 4 points

Then he's a fucking idiot. You always punch back no matter how many points your ahead. He lost point blank. Cotto will smash Oscars old ass.

I personally don't know why people were surprised Shane could be outboxed. Shane is not a boxer anyway. He is a speed demon combination punching machine once. Back then, he was so fast he could avoid shots. Now in the twilight of his career, he is more vulnerable. But he can still fight in spurts, his chin is still solid, and he still has heart. And that can carry him through against a lot contenders. He fell short against Cotto, but he was damn close.

And not giving Oscar a chance against Cotto is bullshit. Oscar still has the speed and power advantage over Cotto. He also has a decent boxing skill set. Yes, he would most likely lose at this stage of his career because he is older and probably can't handle 12 hard rounds, but it won't be a walk in the park for Cotto to beat him. And judging from your assessment, it seem more like personally bias than anything.

And not giving Oscar a chance against Cotto is bullshit. Oscar still has the speed and power advantage over Cotto. He also has a decent boxing skill set. Yes, he would most likely lose at this stage of his career because he is older and probably can't handle 12 hard rounds, but it won't be a walk in the park for Cotto to beat him. And judging from your assessment, it seem more like personally bias than anything.

Oscar is a part time fighter, who at this stage abandons his jab after a few rounds. If Oscar truly believed he was still even a contender, he would stop calling out fighters 2-3 divisions below him. Hell, he's fighting Steve Forbes , that says a pretty good deal about where Oscar gauges his ability's these days.

Oscar can't fight any more...
...not at the elite-level anyhow.

IMHO, he still has the skills to pay the bills. Against Mayweather, bad strategy (jab worked for him and he didn't work it). Forbes a gimme fight, yes (he doesn't want to risk his big eight figure payday). And I agree he is money hungry, but I still feel there is still a little bit of desire in him to actually beat someone worth a damn. And it doesn't look like his skills deteriorated very badly.

He still has the left hook and some speed. He doesn't hustle like he used to, but no boxer his age can hustle that much. Whatcha going to do?

Back