Cotto-Gomez, worth it at +500?

Gomez will lose this one. Is there even a reason that this fight is taking place? Just to stat-pad?

This is going to be a pleasure. I didn't like the fact Gomez demolished Gatti. Gatti is a B-level fighter at best, but he deserved better. Didn't want to see him lose to a reality tv can. I say body shots to Gomez's soft ass body for the win.

Gomez will lose this one. Is there even a reason that this fight is taking place? Just to stat-pad?

First of all, Loxy is one of my favorite producers. I'll actually be having a track out at the end of this year or beginning of next year on Close2Death records.

Second of all, this fight is a set up for Cotto/Margarito. Thats why Margarito/Cintron is on the same card. So if Margarito beats Cintron and Cotto beats Gomez, the plan is for both to face each other a couple of months later. Its pretty smart promotion.

Or Cintron against Cotto. It's a decent setup. One could be a mexican/puerto rican rivalry and the other would be a huge fight in puerto rico or New York.

And Arum already said negotiations have already been made for those fights to happen after Saturday. Bob Arum doesn't even give Gomez a chance (and he shouldn't). It's either Cotto/Margarito or Cotto/Cintron. Both fights sound great to me.

SUPPOSEDLY, there were rumors of Cotto/Margarito taken place at Yankees stadium. If that were to happen, it would be HUUUUUUUGE

Margarito is definitely gaining momentum as a possible Mexican sports commodity. After Cintron 1 nobody knew who the fuck he was. Funny enough, like every internet fanboy it wasn't until he started calling out Floyd he got any real notice.

How big is Tony in Mexico? I mean he lives in CA and I always feel that the Mexican countrymen always rag on fighters for leaving their homeland. I know they do that to Israel Vasquez. Don't know about Tony though.

Tony is so fucking GQ outside the ring.

Anyway... Margarito is down to 152 lbs. in his two week weigh-in and looks shredded. He always shows up in great condition. Hope Cintron shows up for this fight.

margaritopre-weighinpic.jpg

tonyssixpack2bygerman.jpg

482x316_03.jpg

482x316_04.jpg

Both Margarito and Cintron come in @ 146.5

482x316_05.jpg

482x316_07.jpg

Cotto comes in at 146.5 and Gomez tips the scale at 147.

It's going to be a great night tomorrow.

In fact, i don't even give a shit about the showtime fights. Other than B-hop and now calzaghe, who the hell is there in the light heavyweight division? A bunch of old guys (I love Glen Johnson, but god damn) and Joey Spina. That's who.

Ok, so this is going nowhere. What would the odds have to be for you to drop money on Gomez?

Edit - keep in mind, someone got rich on douglas over tyson, and I dont thinkthe odds should be that long

Back