Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes TYT but I pretty much explain the key points in my post.

She is right you know and she should point out that fact given the dangers of coronavirus already death in the US by someone who has contracted the virus. There has been children as young as 45 days who have died from the virus and we have actual cases appearing across the Country in more and more states at a rapid rise. We need people who have dealt with actual dangerous viruses such as Ebola and SARS. I think many Republicans think the same way but are afraid of making their opinions known and recent comments by President Trump leads me to believe he may have a change of heart by the end of the week.

Edit Point too I like Pence but he is not the man for the job. I don't think by his reactions he really wanted to be in charge of this effort because the damage is already happening.

Can we get a source on 45 day old dying of corona virus?

Haha good for the Mod @Revolver posting something critical of US gov't actions in the main megathread here. Iit is about as careful as can be to not point any fingers directly at the Trump Admin but the underlying blame is there in the country by country comparison and complaint.

it will be funny to see what happens or how long it lasts or if it is taken down if anyone quotes it and is in any way and just comes out and says "Trump and his administration will need to answer for this" or anything like that. I would certainly quote it and ask that valid question there is not locked out of that thread. I hope someone else has the nuts to do it and challenge the attempted censoring.

Here is the post @Revolver made in the other thread for those who want to discuss it here.

------------------

Dr. Matt McCarthy, a staff physician at New York-Presbyterian:

“I’m here to tell you, right now, at one of the busiest hospitals in the country, I don’t have [a rapid diagnostic test] at my finger tips.” “I still have to make my case, plead to test people. This is not good. We know that there are 88 cases in the United States. There are going to be hundreds by middle of week. There’s going to be thousands by next week. And this is a testing issue.”

“In New York State, the person who tested positive is only the 32nd test we’ve done in this state,” he said. “That is a national scandal. [...] They’re testing 10,000 a day in some countries and we can’t get this off the ground,” McCarthy said. “I’m a practitioner on the firing line, and I don’t have the tools to properly care for patients today.” (Video, CNBC)

-------

KEY POINTS
  • Hospitals across the U.S. are unprepared to identify and treat the new coronavirus, which has begun to spread across the country, New York City-based physician and author Dr. Matt McCarthy told CNBC.
  • Federal agencies are increasing coronavirus testing capabilities at state and local labs, U.S. health officials said Friday, and plan to streamline the process for private development of test kits.
  • McCarthy, a staff physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, says he still does not have access to test kits.
cite
Yeah but they got Mike Pence on the job

*Drop mic*?

A reminder that this thread is about the US government response to the corona virus.
If you want to discuss each other do it in the stickied lounge thread for off topic discussion.
If you want to whinge about moderation there's the lounge, the support forum or you can PM admin.
Thanks.

How many Americans got sick from the Swine Flu and how many died?

Let's put this baby to bed already.

1:50 p.m. Trump donates quarterly paycheck to battle coronavirus
President Donald Trump has donated his salary from the fourth quarter of 2019 to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to support the battle against coronavirus. It's the fourth time Trump has donated a portion of his salary to HHS during his time as president.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham tweeted a photo of the check from Trump to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health. The check, in the amount of $100,000, is dated Jan. 29, 2020.

"Honoring that promise and to further protect the American people, he is donating his 2019 Q4 salary to @HHSGov to support the efforts being undertaken to confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus," Grisham wrote.

Trump is putting his own money to combat the virus. Great job.

What are the odds of USA closing borders?

Responses right now are to mitigate blame, not curb disease spread. I don't think it is possible top stop the spread of this.

let me know when over 100k in the US has died from it.
then I'll get worried.
And while you're at it, give me 1 name of the so called 4,000+ people that have supposedly died. Just 1. Chinese crisis actors dont count.

1:50 p.m. Trump donates quarterly paycheck to battle coronavirus
President Donald Trump has donated his salary from the fourth quarter of 2019 to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to support the battle against coronavirus. It's the fourth time Trump has donated a portion of his salary to HHS during his time as president.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham tweeted a photo of the check from Trump to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health. The check, in the amount of $100,000, is dated Jan. 29, 2020.

"Honoring that promise and to further protect the American people, he is donating his 2019 Q4 salary to @HHSGov to support the efforts being undertaken to confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus," Grisham wrote.

Trump is putting his own money to combat the virus. Great job.

surely fellow billionaire Bloomberg will be next to do so.....

*crickets

What are the odds of USA closing borders?

Almost 0 unless things change dramatically.

Trump’s appointment of Pence is starting to make a lot more sense to me. He has someone under his thumb that won’t do anything to fight Coronavirus if it is economically detrimental. He couldn’t risk appointing anyone independent; they would likely pursue a more aggressive policy that may be more effective, but would certainly stifle the economy less than a year out from an election. It’s the same reason he is leaning on the Fed to cut rates against all sense. Whoever our POTUS is in 2020, they are inheriting a real shit show.

A reminder that this thread is about the US government response to the corona virus.
If you want to discuss each other do it in the stickied lounge thread for off topic discussion.
If you want to whinge about moderation there's the lounge, the support forum or you can Email Crave
Thanks.

fixed that for you

I was at a hospital that had a Coronavirus patient yesterday. I’m probably gonna die in 24 hours anyway

I love Trump but he isn't handling this the right way.

How many Americans got sick from the Swine Flu and how many died?
Let's put this baby to bed already.

About 1.5 billion got sick, and 200k died.

And Coronavirus is about 200+ times as deadly by the current death rate. We should expect about 50 million dead by the end of 2021.

It's a big deal.

If it spreads like swine flu did in 2009, expect about 2 million american deaths by end of next year.

I guarantee you that we see less than 10k US deaths

You are WAY off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back