Law Coronavirus the US GOV'T Response analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 2020-Apr-07: US closed-case mortality rate is 37%. Current active cases 366k. Estimate 136k future deaths without factoring in new cases.

Maybe someone can translate.

The hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combination, "we have already had to stop treatment" announces the head of the cardiology department of the Nice University Hospital bit.ly/2Rh6wUm

Maybe someone can translate.

Professor Émile Ferrari heads the cardiology department at the Pasteur hospital in Nice. He returned to the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin association in the context of severe forms of Covid-19.
The CHU de Nice, like other establishments, is testing the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combination in patients hospitalized with severe forms of Covid-19. How are these patients followed from a cardiological point of view?
"We have set up a 7/7 and H24 monitoring method; all the Covid sectors of the Nice University Hospital send us the patient's ECG [electrocardiogram, ed] recordings. We interpret them live and report anomalies to them which predispose to toxicity. And which then require a cessation of treatment. "

Has this ever happened?
"Yes, from the start of the trial. Thanks to this ECG follow-up, we highlighted the major risks of a very serious accident in a patient, and the treatment was immediately stopped."

How is this toxic risk on the heart explained?
"The cells of the heart have a spontaneous electrical activity, which makes it possible to generate the cardiac contraction. This activation happens a little like an alternating current with a phase of contraction and a phase of recovery. These phases are ordered and successive. or certain conditions can desynchronize these phases. It can then cause chaos, a big disorder in the electric current of the cells of the heart with a risk of "short circuit"; the heart rate is racing, it is disordered, which does not allows the heart muscle to be more efficient. The subsequent drop in blood flow then causes dizziness, malaise, syncope ... up to cardiac arrest which are the translation of serious arrhythmias. "

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin are widely prescribed despite these risks ...
"When hydroxychloroquine is given on its own, the cardiac risk is very low. On the other hand, the antibiotic (azithromycin) which is systematically prescribed in combination with hydroxychloroquine in the anti-Covid protocol also favors these anomalies. The cardiological risk is then potentiated, a fortiori, if there are other associated drugs which have the same undesirable effect, if the oxygenation of the blood is not done well or even if the potassium in the blood is low. Also, these drugs, if prescribed, must be with a monitoring of the ECG at D0 and D2 minimum. "

Your personal opinion on this cocktail?
"It is true that Covid-19 kills, but the remedy should not be more harmful than the disease itself in patients whose spontaneous evolution is favorable and in particular in ambulatory patients."

Basically that progress being made in treatments and that people have been following NIH steps. The doctor they are talking to also worked on hydroxychloroquine and talks about other prominent drug treatments.

This seems like good news for workers on the front lines. Senate Democrats seek hazard pay for front line workers.

"
Tuesday that would boost the pay of essential workers on the frontlines of the battle against the coronavirus pandemic by potentially tens of thousands of dollars.

As much as $25,000 in hazard pay would be afforded over a period of time to those deemed essential, including employees in health care, drug stores, grocery stores, sanitation workers, truck drivers, transportation workers and all federal employees with frontline positions, such as Postal Service workers."

Bro, I brought quotes of yours from March 16th on.

You can't hide the nastily stupid shit you've been pushing, you've yet to provide an argument, and haven't brought any actual information to back your position.

You claimed we had low numbers when we weren't testing, and scoffed at this being a big problem because we hadn't seen much of a surge in NY hospitals yet.

You were wrong, your position was foolish, and you're still pushing it.

Care to address this stuff, like the WH failures in securing available tests weeks earlier than they even started to see their own developed tests fail?

There was nothing false in what you quoted.

Which is why when I pressed you on highlighting anything false, or even an untenable position by trump I’ve supported, you were unable to respond with anything more substantial than your famous wall of text that says nothing.

Because you’re terrible. But on the bright side, just 4 more years of getting shit on by me to go...

This seems like good news for workers on the front lines. Senate Democrats seek hazard pay for front line workers.

"
Tuesday that would boost the pay of essential workers on the frontlines of the battle against the coronavirus pandemic by potentially tens of thousands of dollars.

As much as $25,000 in hazard pay would be afforded over a period of time to those deemed essential, including employees in health care, drug stores, grocery stores, sanitation workers, truck drivers, transportation workers and all federal employees with frontline positions, such as Postal Service workers."

Would anyone mind filling me in on what he’s referencing? Thanks

So, you think the US would just roll on with no leader, because the 20th amendment says the term ends on some date? LOL. Can I get some of what you're smoking?

I'd be willing to bet, if you want to draw something up.

I thought you guys were pretty firm on those amendments over there

rofl @ fox news

https://timesofsandiego.com/busines...-sue-fox-news-for-calling-coronavirus-a-hoax/

An obscure Washington state group has become the first in the nation to sue Fox News over its coronavirus coverage, asking a state court to keep the cable network from airing false information about the pandemic.

West denied that the nonprofit group (with perhaps 30 associate members) was aiming to stifle First Amendment rights.

“It’s like the theater thing,” he said. “Up to the point where you get up in the theater and yell ‘Fire!’ you can say whatever you want. But when you get to the point where you are endangering the community — that transcends the limits of the First Amendment.”

The WASHLITE suit includes a request for relief under the state’s Consumer Protection Act, alleging Fox News violated the act by “falsely and deceptively disseminating ‘News’ via cable news contracts that the coronavirus was a ‘hoax,’

I wonder how much more lawsuits will follow once people smell the potential money

hopefully fox goes out of business after all is said and done - they arent journalists, just a bunch of commentators with retarded opinions that are represented as facts

There was nothing false in what you quoted.

Which is why when I pressed you on highlighting anything false, or even an untenable position by trump I’ve supported, you were unable to respond with anything more substantial than your famous wall of text that says nothing.

Because you’re terrible. But on the bright side, just 4 more years of getting shit on by me to go...

It's absolutely nuts to me, how you don't see the absolute stupidity in lauding low numbers of infections when tests weren't being performed, as if that is something that even needed to be said, or was relevant to any discussion whatsoever.

"Lastly, if the problem was anywhere near what you pretend it is due to lack of testing, we’d be seeing social media videos of chaos in emergency rooms. We’re not, thanks to the decisive actions by the trump administration."

Goddamn, that is almost, allllllmost unbelievably stupid from even you, bob, and you're the guy who insulted me by saying you'd "leave me to my usual retard"........

Do you care to address any of the information I've brought to to bitch slap your idiotic position, declared from NY of all places?

Take a crack at this one:
https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/features/us-coronavirus-testing/
"While the World Health Organisation began shipping out diagnostic tests developed in Germany to 159 labs around the world on 17 January, the US opted to develop its own test, which wasn’t approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) until 4 February.

The CDC tests then began to deliver inconclusive results during verification due to a problem with one of the chemicals ingredients needed to identify the virus. This meant that until new tests could reach healthcare providers, samples had to be sent to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm any diagnoses, causing a delay of up to 48 hours between testing and confirmation."

Or how about this one?
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-trump-outbid-states-on-medical-supplies-2020-3
"I'm not quite sure what to do with this, so I'm just going to throw it out there for you," Baker told Trump on the call, according to Bloomberg News. "We took very seriously the push ... that we should not just rely on the stockpile, that we should go out there and buy stuff and put in orders and try to create pressure on manufacturers and distributors, and I gotta tell you that on three big orders, we lost to the feds."

Baker, a moderate Republican, added, "I've got a feeling that if someone has the chance to sell to you and to sell to me, I am going to lose on every one of those."

Trump chuckled at that and then said the federal government probably offered the manufacturers a better price.

"Price is always a component of that also," Trump said. "And maybe that's why you lost to the feds, okay, I'll tell you, that's probably why."

You can do it, little guy!!!

200407193938-wisconsin-robin-vos-protective-gear-large-169.jpg

"(CNN)Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, a Republican, wore a mask, gloves and other protective gear as he sought to assure voters it was "incredibly safe" to vote in person for Tuesday's election amid the coronavirus pandemic."

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back