1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Coronavirus not very megathread.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fingercuffs, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Bald1 War Room Can

Same. I'm glad this virus is nowhere near as bad as many make it out to be.

icffedor likes this.
  2. maximus__ Black Belt

I am going to blow your mind.
    You understand you can apply that perfectly to both sides.
    The Left and Right are guilty of all those things, it just happens to be that currently the Left side of politics is in charge in the US and had the media last time.
    The rise of independent media with the most vocal being Right leaning is skewing that media bias.

Look at both sides in this context and be objective. Watch the similarities.
    Both sides are as bad as each other.

icffedor likes this.
  3. Strychnine Titanium Belt

10-Year-Old With COVID Dies After Mom Given Choice to Amputate Limbs or 'Let Him Go'

[​IMG]

"Zyrin Foots, a 10-year-old boy from Texas, developed Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome (MIS-C) after contracting COVID-19. A rare condition, MIS-C causes inflammation in children's organs, including the heart, and the inability of Foots' heart to pump blood caused him to develop gangrene in his legs.

Gangrene causes body tissue to die and can be fatal if left untreated, and the treatment can result in the loss of a body part. Ashley Engmann, Foots' aunt, told KTRK-TV that doctors gave her sister, Foots' mother, a choice. She could amputate his arms and legs, which would give him a 25 percent chance of survival. Without the amputation, Engmann said the 10-year-old didn't have "any chance to live."

Foots' mom made the difficult decision to "let him go," according to Engmann, because she saw it as the most "humane and compassionate thing she can do for her child."

10-Year-Old With COVID Dies After Mom Given Choice to Amputate Limbs or 'Let Him Go' (msn.com)

Rest In Peace little one.

fingercuffs likes this.
  4. Strychnine Titanium Belt

Except for those darn outliers...

5. maximus__ Black Belt

Wow that's so sad. Imagine having to make that decision.

Strychnine likes this.
  6. Bald1 War Room Can

We don't allow the outliers to control the vast majority. When 1 can control 10 then you have a true example of privilege.

The_Renaissance likes this.
  7. trac209 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You should wear a helmet at all times as head injury is an outlier issue too..

8. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

Strychnine likes this.
  9. Ruv Black Belt

I watched this video a few months ago with Bryan Ardis talking about Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in children.

10. maximus__ Black Belt

Isn't that the argument for antivaccination though? here are these outliers of one of the most widely distributed vaccinations in modern history. Here is a random person who got vaccinated and it may have caused issues because these vaccines might cause this.

I am not for vaccinating kids at all (at this time), but I just find the mirror principle arguments so interesting.
    Covid isn't dangerous because this percentage survive vs Vaccination is a death shot because this happened to this small percentage.

It's the same argument reversed.

Strychnine likes this.
  11. maximus__ Black Belt

Like riding a motorbike or bicycle in many countries requires you too?
    It's the seatbelt argument all over again.

Strychnine likes this.
  12. trac209 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

No it actually isn’t , not every person you see is a disease ridden parasite. Please try to wrap your head around that.

The_Renaissance and Ruv like this.
  13. Bald1 War Room Can

Fair enough, depending on at what threshold we draw the line of "outliers". I usually think of low single percentages. And the vaccine hesitant population is at least a quarter of the population.

I'm not coming at this conversation from that of those who think vaccines are dangerous, btw. I'm looking at this from the overreach of demanding those who don't need vaccination be inoculated via mandates.

The_Renaissance, trac209 and SBJJ like this.
  14. Strychnine Titanium Belt

I do have one. Check my avatar and pull up a chair at my table. ;)

15. maximus__ Black Belt

I don't think people are, nor did I say that. The government is doing what the government do by limiting risk for what they deemed to be a public health emergency.My personal belief is that it will probably come out that we knew more about covid than we have been told, hence the massive over reach in restrictions and lockdowns. i think this really scared the world early on.
    Vaccination is the easiest way to stop people dying from covid. I don't agree with mandating it at all but I still see the argument for it.

16. trac209 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You know this covid thing is taking up way too much room in your head I’m sorry you have to live like that. I really do wish you the best .

17. maximus__ Black Belt

In the US yes, but worldwide it's not the case. Places like Australia and the UK will probably crack 85-90% looking at the current first doses. If you make the assumption that most people that get their first dose will get their second I think the rate of vaccination will end up pretty high worldwide overall. the US has had the longest access so the fact they are dragging behind other countries is very interesting. Many countries like Australia are behind because they waited to buy US vaccine stock.

Hopefully the below link comes through, but I have no way to prove it's correct. No disagreement on not mandating vaccinations at all though.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wor...YPkgEFMC42LjSYAQCgAQGwAQrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

Bald1 likes this.
  18. maximus__ Black Belt

Nah just like most I have more spare time to come on here and talk about this since covid popped up. Once I can get back to BJJ I will go back to never posting outside of the UFC play by plays.

19. Bald1 War Room Can

And your last sentence is the only thing that concerns me. I don't know what the future brings or if my health and immune system will become compromised so I'll need to be vaccinated. But to have anyone tell me what I must inject into my body sets off all kinds of alarm bells. Bodily autonomy isn't something to dismiss as easily as some would demand. It's the most basic and fundamental of rights.

20. maximus__ Black Belt

Sorry it might have been the way I framed it. I agree that covid vaccines shouldn't be mandated for everyone. It's relatively new at this stage and people should be allowed to wait until they decide it's safe. I waited 12 months to let them work the kinks out. I don't agree with this forever though. Mandatory vaccinations have been a apart of my entire working life. I am ex military and have been vaccinated ouut the wazoo. They lined us up on two separate occasions in basic training and smashed about 10 injections into me both times. Wouldn't have a clue what they were and without going through my medical records, I couldn't tell you at all.

10 years from now, Covid vaccination will be a regular part of life, covid will be the flu equivalent or the vaccinated will be dead. Either way one group will be laughing at the stupidity of the other or this whole topic will just be forgotten.