Cormier's takedown in the fifth

The thing is that actually hooking himself against it affect the situation, since Cormier was dragging himself in opposite direction.

Definitely props to him for not going full Aldo, and getting hold onto something while going for a ride is pretty much instinct anyway, but that was pretty 'solid' foul without a doubt.

I see where you are coming from but I do disagree. Take a look again. I can clearly see where you are looking where his arm hooks over the cage, but I do believe his arm is limp and not affecting it at all.

anotther-seagal.jpg

Yup. Werdum is doomed.

vILxn0t.gif

He should have thrown him out of the cage. By the rules, that is instant win.

After staring at the gif for a couple of minutes I can say that it's definitely a better takedown than what I thought I saw live.

To me it's the contrary. I thought the slam was more violent than what I'm seeing now.

That takedown was all pride. DC knew he was losing, got taken down twice, was tired as fuck but thought "there's just no fucking way I'm leaving here without getting a TD!"

Jones is so douchey that he said he beat DC on takedowns 5-0 right after that in the post fight interview.

Just goes to show that it was hardly a one sided fight.

If DC didn't take the 4th round off, he'd get a lot less flack.

Then again, if he spent energy stuffing Jones, he probably doesn't have enough left to get the slam in the 5th. Oh well.

Can someone post a gif of this? I keep seeing people post that it was the best takedown in the fight but Jones' back never even touched the canvas. He landed on his knees for a second and sprung right back up.

Describes Jones takedowns as well, DC's back wan't on the canvas for more than 1 second in that fight.

That reach doe. Dude already had his hand on the mat while being lifted five feet in the air.

Not cool to say he was 5:0 on takedowns.

DC did well but unfortunately it wasn't enough. I hope he comes back even stronger and keeps on fighting for a while longer!

People keep complaining that Jon grabbed the fence here. While he did reach for it all this shows he did was show incredible restraint by not actually grabbing it to affect the takedown.

If memory serves, Herb yelled at him right as he was doing it.

Back