Cormier's takedown in the fifth

DC getting bitch tossed was pretty good.

gvPyKqY.gif

this was a calculated rest by Daniel Cormier. he knew that there were only a few seconds left in the round so he relaxed to get a breather - knowing that even if jones succeeded with a try-hard trip or takedown, there would be no time for jones to land any follow-up damage.

I thought it was a good show of heart and determination to dig down and get that slam even after being so exhausted.

he was too tired

but still best takedown of the fight

How? When they hit the ground DC wasn't even on top and Jones was on his knees ib a position where he could just stand right up.

Idk, it was pretty funny seeing Jones being carried around and flailing about before getting slammed. And that was a tired DC, too.

It was a great takedown.

It's the keeping him down part that didn't pan out.

didn't get slammed and it was barely a TD. If you pay attention to the gif. DC is trying to carry Jones but Jones slips out to get to the ground, then DC tries to slam Jones as he has already broken free. That's why Jones got right back up. He got out of DC's control.

he was too tired

but still best takedown of the fight

Absolutely not.

The best takedown of the fight was the third takedown by Jones. He had control afterwards. All the other takedowns were takedowns offcourse, but pretty useless because they didn't turn into anything.

this was a calculated rest by Daniel Cormier. he knew that there were only a few seconds left in the round so he relaxed to get a breather - knowing that even if jones succeeded with a try-hard trip or takedown, there would be no time for jones to land any follow-up damage.

That hand on his head looks pretty damaging to me.

Jones had some insane balance, that being said, I wish Cormier went for more of those. Very impressive.

I love the crowd reaction when JJ put his hand on the fence. No actual fence grab though, somjust a reflex I guess.

Back