Cormier just weighed-in at 230lbs, lost 8 lbs

My imagination sucks, I'll wait until tomorrow.:icon_chee

*Showtime is free this weekend to any one who didn't know/don't already have it*

My imagination kick ass... oh fuck, Starring just one-punch KOd Cormier!

Best of luck. Freaks me out just thinking of him cutting weight bad kidneys

Well I think he's going to do it the right way. Gradually lose weight until he gets down to a walk around weight closer to 205. Maybe get down to 215 or so. That way he won't have to cut much weight to get down to 205

He's a great HW, of course he's a short guy, but i think he's doing well on HW, so there aren't reasons to go to the LHW... The only reason is that he doesn't wanna fight cain, jsut it...

i met him at the weigh ins and he was asked by my friend " dos santos or overeem " and he responded " jones" he is gonna cut to 205 i think ,also a super nice guy the only fighter that came out after the weigh ins to take pictures and talk to fans

I'm so confused..didn't he almost die from cutting back when he was in the Olympics?

Well at least we will finally get to see him in shape and not carrying all the blubber.

Cain is the baddest man on the planet. There is no other fighter who I believe can consistently beat him. I also don't think anyone outside of the heavyweight division can KO him more than 1 time out of 20. I think Cain wins every fight 4/5 times or better, and only loses via KO/TKO when he actually does lose. A fighter like Anderson Silva wouldn't survive in the HW division. Too many big wrestlers who are also competent in BJJ. I think Cain, Brock, Mir, Cormier beat a HW version Anderson Silva, if we factor in a speed loss due to size as well.

JDS and Silva are pretty equal in speed, Silva is better in accuracy, but JDS has way better TDD. I just think Silva matches up well with his division, but his strengths don't translate to HW. Who knows though, thats all fantasy.

Yes its all fantasy

Nothing you said is fact, its just opinion.

You say the HW division has too many big wrestlers like who, cormier, Cain and Carwin are the only functional wrestlers at HW. Also Brock Lesnar is not a UFC fighter anymore, he retired.

Also, JDS is not the striker that Anderson is and does not have Andersons hand speed or punch speed. He is not equal in speed to Anderson, the exaggeration about the slow HW division is apparent in this thread.

Wait, StrikeForce is tomorrow night? How did I not know this? My life is getting in the way of me keeping up to date with MMA, I gotta stop that.

Anyway, maybe Cormier just ate better. He might not be looking for a move down, he might just want to get in better shape. Or what could be happening is that the UFC are telling Cormier to wait until Overeem/Silva, if Overeem wins then Cormier is fighting JDS for the #1 contender's spot. If Silva wins, Cormier is fighting at LHW while Junior gets the rematch.

Or it could be the opposite. If Overeem wins, Daniel moves down. If Silva wins, Cain fights JDS and Cormier rematches Silva for the title shot.

lol, based on what? he never fought at LHW.
name me another fighter who did well going to lhw?

is_such_a_thing_even_possible.jpg

joeybeltran.jpeg

yes_it_is.jpg

You say the HW division has too many big wrestlers like who, cormier, Cain and Carwin are the only functional wrestlers at HW. Also Brock Lesnar is not a UFC fighter anymore, he retired.

Also, JDS is not the striker that Anderson is and does not have Andersons hand speed or punch speed. He is not equal in speed to Anderson, the exaggeration about the slow HW division is apparent in this thread.

If Anderson was a heavyweight, I highly doubt his hands would be faster than JDS. It is hard to realize just how fast JDS punches because a lot of his best .gifs are slowed down so you can see what happened. Anderson just has better accuracy than JDS.

Russow is also a great HW wrestler. But yes, I think Cormier, Cain and Carwin are enough to keep a HW Anderson Silva away from the belt. They all have power in the hands, and I think Carwin is too strong to get submitted by Silva as long as he doesn't gas.

Cain is the baddest man on the planet. There is no other fighter who I believe can consistently beat him. I also don't think anyone outside of the heavyweight division can KO him more than 1 time out of 20. I think Cain wins every fight 4/5 times or better, and only loses via KO/TKO when he actually does lose. A fighter like Anderson Silva wouldn't survive in the HW division. Too many big wrestlers who are also competent in BJJ. I think Cain, Brock, Mir, Cormier beat a HW version Anderson Silva, if we factor in a speed loss due to size as well.

JDS and Silva are pretty equal in speed, Silva is better in accuracy, but JDS has way better TDD. I just think Silva matches up well with his division, but his strengths don't translate to HW. Who knows though, thats all fantasy.

You're not making sense though obviously you're proud of yourself for typing all those words. Cain has lost, I've seen it with my own eyes, it wasn't that long ago. Cain will lose again, he isn't unbeatable, he isn't unhitable, he isn't even unknockoutable.

He looked good in his last fight, but he isn't Anderson Silva good, Anderson Silva has made people look silly, see his fight with Bonner a very large LHW, a very large LHW who was on steroids. Anderson Silva isn't going up to heavyweight, but Anderson has already defended the middleweight title more times than Cain has UFC fights.

In five years if Cain hasn't lost the belt then you can start talking about him being better than Anderson maybe, but supposedly Anderson has signed a 10 fight deal so who knows maybe Anderson will fight once at heavyweight... Until then how about we stay on topic, Daniel Cormier cutting to LHW. :icon_idea

Wow he looked ripped as hell at 230,no way he can make 205...

i was thinking that too, he had his abs popping visibly, but remember 230 was without "trying" to cut an ounce of water, and i imagine he has AT LEAST another 5lbs of fat to lose, and a 20lb water cut coming from a wrestling background and being at a larger hw/lhw should be no problem (20lb is a much bigger deal to a FW/LW than a LHW)

it really makes me wonder does someone like chael really walk around at 230 then make the cut to 185? yet someone like cromier is 230 and some people imagine 205 cut being out of the picture

dat der bone density

You're not making sense though obviously you're proud of yourself for typing all those words. Cain has lost, I've seen it with my own eyes, it wasn't that long ago. Cain will lose again, he isn't unbeatable, he isn't unhitable, he isn't even unknockoutable.

He looked good in his last fight, but he isn't Anderson Silva good, Anderson Silva has made people look silly, see his fight with Bonner a very large LHW, a very large LHW who was on steroids. Anderson Silva isn't going up to heavyweight, but Anderson has already defended the middleweight title more times than Cain has UFC fights.

In five years if Cain hasn't lost the belt then you can start talking about him being better than Anderson maybe, but supposedly Anderson has signed a 10 fight deal so who knows maybe Anderson will fight once at heavyweight... Until then how about we stay on topic, Daniel Cormier cutting to LHW. :icon_idea

I very clearly said Cain can be beaten. But for someone to honestly and legitimately think Anderson Silva could beat Cain more often than Cain would beat Anderson Silva is laughable.

Everything Chael Sonnen does, Cain does so much better. If Chael can get Anderson down, Cain can get Anderson down. And Cain can do serious damage, and even threaten with submissions if he felt like it, but he loves the GnP. Cain also has much better standup than everyone Silva has fought, with the only exception maybe being Belfort, but Belforts takedowns don't scare Silva, so he didn't need to worry about that.

Anderson Silva is a fantastic fighter, but he wouldn't have anything for Cain V.

Best of luck. Freaks me out just thinking of him cutting weight bad kidneys

and isnt he a bit older compared to a lot of fighters?

i read not long ago that he started mma later in life than many fighters do, so i wonder what toll weight cutting might have on him.

Back