Cormier just weighed-in at 230lbs, lost 8 lbs

HW is not the ultimate challenge, its is the highest weight division with many slow and un-athletic fighters, its not the ultimate challenge.

The best fighter is the best fighter and the HW champ is not the best fighter nor is it a valid or factual claim that he is the best fighter in the world until he proves it.

Cains ability to beat everyone else has not been determined nor does the idea that because someone weighs 300 pounds he is considered the best. If he is not a more skilled fighter or has not displayed that he can beat them then he isnt better, just bigger.

Cain is a good fighter and a HW champ but thats it.

Right, Cain should fight the "P4P best fighter in the world" Anderson Silva to prove he's the best..........

HW is not the ultimate challenge, its is the highest weight division with many slow and un-athletic fighters, its not the ultimate challenge.

The best fighter is the best fighter and the HW champ is not the best fighter nor is it a valid or factual claim that he is the best fighter in the world until he proves it.

Cains ability to beat everyone else has not been determined nor the idea that because someone weighs 300 pounds he is considered the best. If he is not a more skilled fighter or has not displayed that he can beat them then he isnt better, just bigger.

Cain is a good fighter and a HW champ but thats it.

We have a hobbit over here.

Obviously, the one that has the HW belt can beat every other man in the world. Every other belt is a lesser belt.

And do you understand the psychological effect which the kidney failure had on him? If my kidneys failed from a previous weight cut, I would be terrified of trying to cut weight again, and would be very hesitant to risk it again. Just because something is physically possible, doesn't mean that the mind will allow that something to happen without putting up a fight.

there is a huge difference (especially for the kidneys) between an MMA/Wrestling weight cut and gradually losing weight.

there is a huge difference (especially for the kidneys) between an MMA/Wrestling weight cut and gradually losing weight.

And what does that have to do with anything? For you to assume you understand how he feels about losing any weight psychologically without being his doctor is ridiculous. You can't make assumptions that everyone will be able to lose weight the same way if you don't know them and haven't studied them physically and psychologically.

LOL @ shertards arguing about a HW/LHW fighter's psychological feelings on losing 10 pounds.

Cormier weighs 230. He can't cut to 205 form this weight on water alone because he'll be in renal failure again. He needs to lose some fat gradually and get his weight to 220 so that the water cut from that weight is manageable physiologically.

This is NOT a weight cut from 300 pounds to 150 pounds...and all the associated psychology behind it. No....this is a weight loss of 10 pounds on a man who is actively training and weighs 230 right now.

he needs to cut down to LHW, hes only 5"11! he needs to get with Dolce and cut down

fedor was exactly 5'11.5 or 181 cm measured and he did just fine, its actually an advantage for cormier or he would have lost to bigfoot barnett sao p etc who are way bigger, he lower center of gravity is good for defending and shooting the takedown

it blows my mind.

especially since there's just nothing like it in any other sports, and if I were to claim that some small but very very skilled basketball player was "better" than lebron james, these same people would laugh.

true but it was a pretty quick fight.

the weird thing about size differences is a very skilled fighter can go quite a few fights without it mattering, and then one day they lose horribly and suddenly everyone sees they need to cut.

like vera. didn't seem a need for him to cut when he was knocking out frank mir, but suddenly he's mounted by werdum and smothered by sylvia and it becomes pretty obvious.

No one is going to manhandle Cormier in MMA. It isn't going to happen. Cormier has beaten world class 285 pound wrestlers (Mocco). No one at HW in MMA can impose their size on him.

Best of luck. Freaks me out just thinking of him cutting weight bad kidneys

that is the thing. He cannot cut a lot of weight due to the kidneys. So he will have to lose weight to get within a small cut to LHW. SO likely he will be one of the smallest LHW in the division if he loses weight and size all the way down to 215 naturally and then only cuts about 10lbs.

Normally I'd agree but he already gave himself a kidney failure cutting weight to make 211 lbs so he needs to be more careful than your average fighter not to push it too far

How that happened I'd never understand:
Cormier at 230 is still quite fat.
I'm pretty sure he has more than 5Kg (11lbs) of fat to lose before he is ripped.

I don't know what the hell he was doing at the time but today's Cormier could starting cutting weight from 218-217, if not less.

People who never have been really lean, underestimate.
The think "yeah, 3-4 kg (6,5-9 lbs) and then I'll have abs" and after discover that it actually took more like 7kg (15,5lbs).
And, again, Cormier at 230 is still quite fat, I wound rule out that he could reach 212 without losing muscle or an Oz. of water.

I bet he lost weight because he quit taking steroids.

I bet he had a kidney failure because he was taking steroids
:)
troll mode off

Last edited:
So if anyone gets confused when the HW Champ is referred to as the Best Fighter on the Planet, just ask yourself this question "what would happen if he fought the other champions?".....

...That's why the heavyweight is the BEST and everyone below HW is just "the best in their weight class" or possibly "p4p best".....

...and what's after Heavyweight? Nothing. Heavyweight is the top of the mountain.

Im not so sure Cain would get the best of 10 with Jon Jones so you really can't say without a doubt "he's the baddest man on the planet" just because he's Heavy Weight. However I do agree with your P4P point when comparing much lighter classes to heavies.

Often when someone mentions Cormier moving to 205 someone will bring up the horrific weight cut he went through years back. This guy has enough fat on him at 230 to make 205 without even having to cut water weight. EASILY could make 205.

How that happened I'd never understand:
Cormier at 230 is still quite fat.
I'm pretty sure he has more than 5Kg (11lbs) of fat to lose before he is ripped.

I don't know what the hell he was doing at the time but today's Cormier could starting cutting weight from 218-217, if not less.

People who never have been really lean, underestimate.
The think "yeah, 3-4 kg (6,5-9 lbs) and then I'll have abs" and after discover that it actually took more like 7kg (15,5lbs).
And, again, Cormier at 230 is still quite fat, I wound rule out that he could reach 212 without losing muscle or an Oz. of water.
Exactly.

Maybe we should just stop using the contrived phrase, "baddest man on the planet". It was used to describe Tyson when he was a phenom that scared the shit out of white America. Let it rest along with Tyson's career.

He doesn't want to fight Cain though, so he probably can't make the decision to go to LHW until Cain and Overeem fight.

I didn't even think about that, completely explains why he wants to fight Mir. He just wants to hang around at HW a bit longer to see if Overeem gets the belt so he can get his shot.

Maybe we should just stop using the contrived phrase, "baddest man on the planet". It was used to describe Tyson when he was a phenom that scared the shit out of white America. Let it rest along with Tyson's career.

Are you trying to tell me that Joe Warren isn't actually the baddest man on the planet?

I didn't even think about that, completely explains why he wants to fight Mir. He just wants to hang around at HW a bit longer to see if Overeem gets the belt so he can get his shot.

Are you trying to tell me that Joe Warren isn't actually the baddest man on the planet?

lol. As funny as Warren's bravado was, he really had a lot of heart.

that is the thing. He cannot cut a lot of weight due to the kidneys. So he will have to lose weight to get within a small cut to LHW. SO likely he will be one of the smallest LHW in the division if he loses weight and size all the way down to 215 naturally and then only cuts about 10lbs.

This has to be one of the most widespread falsehoods on here. A weight Daniel fought at for years and years he failed to make one time because he had a bad weight cut by cutting too much weight, too quickly. He doesn't have permanently bad kidneys or some physical disorder and that bad weight cut says nothing about his ability to do it proper in the future.

He has no disadvantage in weight cutting vs. any other fighter. Nothing is wrong with his kidneys. If the man had "bad kidneys" he wouldn't be passing his medicals. He says he'll fight there, he obviously carries superfluous poundage, it is very doable for him.

Best of luck. Freaks me out just thinking of him cutting weight bad kidneys

That's the thing though, he wouldn't be cutting that much weight. If he's coming in at 230, a simple change of diet and a small weight cut should be no problem at all. Dude has a lot of extra chub he should be able to shed. He's only 5'11 at best, I really don't see it being that difficult for him given the proper time to do it

Back