Cop breaks down after shooting an unarmed suspect

I dunno man. I think he's crying because he thought he fucked his career, not because he killed someone.

I know how that sounds but that quote is bullshit to me "I knew in that moment he was reaching for a gun", not "I thought". those words were chosen carefully.

Yup, you know EXACTLY what's going through his head right?

I will say if you haven't been in the situation where you had to make a split second decision then you haven't a clue. hell even drawing your weapon and ordering someone to the ground gets your adrenaline spiking through the roof. you cant control that and if you disregard an order to show me your hands and appear to be reaching for a weapon, im firing. you don't give a fuck about your career in that moment. you care about your life.

I have some friends in law enforcement and they are both really good guys. These are dudes who buy homeless people coffee and coach basketball for underprivileged kids. They are good dads and they really like their jobs. Just solid guys.
As with any profession, there are some bad ones (and I've run into some of those as well), but I think most cops are probably like my friends: decent people doing a difficult job.

A lot of cynical people in this thread.

I dunno man. I think he's crying because he thought he fucked his career, not because he killed someone.

I know how that sounds but that quote is bullshit to me "I knew in that moment he was reaching for a gun", not "I thought". those words were chosen carefully.

I wouldn't chalk his tears immediately after the shooting to some inherent altruism on his part, but I can't imagine anyone (other than someone with no experience in a life-or-death situation) assuming that his immediate concern was for his career.

lol. the wrong profession.

that's like saying a firefighter chose the wrong profession because he cried when a child was burned to death and he was human when he brought the child out.

or chris kyle shouldn't have been a soldier because he struggled with the fact that he couldn't save everyone and had to kill others in tough situations. yeah that guys shouldn't have been a soldier.

cops are human as well. people think theyre gonna stand over a bad guys body, toothpick in mouth and go "I said show me your fucking hands dirtbag." in a thick Austrian Ahnold accent.

get real. better yet get some real life experience and stop acting like you know anything when in reality you haven't experienced shit with that mentality.

Especially when you can't comply with simple direction and habitually break the law.

Good thing not complying is a mandatory death sentence with no trial.

Otherwise your comment would seem stupid.

Montana police officer Grant Morrison killed Richard Ramirez, 38, in April last year after he thought he saw Ramirez reach for a gun.

Ramirez was high on methamphetamine at the time and was riding in the back seat of a car.

In video evidence shown during a two-day inquest, the officer asks Ramirez to raise his hands six times before he opens fire.

Good thing not complying is a mandatory death sentence with no trial.

Otherwise your comment would seem stupid.

After giving him simple directions 6 times, I'd assume something off. Especially since the criminal is high out of his mind.

For a known armed person, he sure wasn't very armed.

Intoxicated people don't always make awesome choices. Guy high as a kite might not realise police think he is armed.

I hardly find "I was on meth so I'm not responsible" a sympathetic excuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back