Cop breaks down after shooting an unarmed suspect

I dunno man. I think he's crying because he thought he fucked his career, not because he killed someone.

I know how that sounds but that quote is bullshit to me "I knew in that moment he was reaching for a gun", not "I thought". those words were chosen carefully.

Why would you assume that's why he is crying? Look at his reaction. It's not a processed reaction. It's visceral.

^^ ok, "breaking down", then.

what? so, breaking down because he thought he fucked his career over isn't "visceral"?

Can't stop thinking about that scene from It's Always Sunny when Ben the army guy breaks down and they tell him to toughen up and be stronger because he's a soldier.

Lol @ his tears of remorse. He was probably more afraid his career/life was ruined.

Btw, this isn't his first time shooting someone. Go check out his history.

Oh that was his first kill?
He is an american cop,he will get used to it..

His second kill actually, the year before he shot and killed a guy who had a bb gun.

what? so, breaking down because he thought he fucked his career over isn't "visceral"?

That's a hell of an assumption, which you would realize if you had any idea how emotionally hard it is to kill someone.

And yea, legal implications are part of that emotional cocktail, but you have to be kind of an idiot to automatically assume that a person who kills another human being has no remorse. That's not how humans are wired, unless you're a sociopath, in which case he wouldn't be crying in the first place.

I would choose my words deliberately and in advance too given how high the stakes were. That doesn't prove he is insincere. Only a moron would ad-lib his testimony. And I normally do not side with the cops but after 6 times I probably would have shot too.

If he knew he was confronting a person that was known to be armed and had used a weapon then he had every right to assume the person was armed and if that person was told to put his hands up and refused to, then reached toward his waist the cop had every right to shoot him.

As far as the breakdown after I have no idea but the situation was intense and the dump after it was over take any number of forms depending on the person I would guess.

I don

I have little doubt, that his contemplation of the future ramifications of what he just did (and how they apply to HIM), played a major role in his "breaking down". Anyone insisting it's nothing but pure unadulterated empathy for the man he just shot, is being a bit ridiculous and naive.

That's a hell of an assumption, which you would realize if you had any idea how emotionally hard it is to kill someone.

And yea, legal implications are part of that emotional cocktail, but you have to be kind of an idiot to automatically assume that a person who kills another human being has no remorse. That's not how humans are wired, unless you're a sociopath, in which case he wouldn't be crying in the first place.

except this was his second kill. keep up bro

Wolf tickets, he waited to shed tears right in front of the units camera.

oh the weekly cops are pieces of shit thread!

Don't shoot= risk getting shot and not seeing son grow up

Shoot= go to jail and not see son grow up

more like Shoot = Risk killing an unarmed guy who didn't deserve to die.

oh the weekly cops are pieces of shit thread!

Some are some aren't, I'd say the majority probably are since the majority of people in general are kinda pieces of shit.

Back