Cop breaks down after shooting an unarmed suspect

So this guy shot and killed 2 innocent people during his tenure as a police officer.

So this guy shot and killed 2 innocent people during his tenure as a police officer.

Well, the first guy he shot had a BB gun.

Second guy had a couple warrants out for his arrest for armed robbery.

the other side of the equation

If he was cleared of any wrongdoing back then, and then cleared of any wrongdoing this time, is there really a need for a third hearing / inquest / trial / investigation to review the two incidents overall? That seems like a waste of time, money and resources to me. If this was the 10th time and he was cleared of any wrong doing I still wouldn't see the point. Either he's not a problem and just has bad luck in dealing with suspected armed criminals, or the problem is with the investigation process itself -- and I don't see how another investigation is going to fix that.

I don't understand what's so sketchy about an officer shooting somebody after he tells them to get their hands up 6 times with his gun pointed at him, and then the guy instead moves his hands to his waist? The fact that he never actually had a gun doesn't make it an outrageous incident to me, and I'm fairly liberal. Certianly don't consider myself a right wing gun lover / nut. Like oldshadow said, is he supposed to wait until the guy has pulled the gun from his waistband and has it drawn at him to shoot -- just to even the odds up?

Officers are only human too, everyone makes mistakes or lapses in judgement, but in a case like this they aren't going to fire an officer or give him some other duties. 95/100 officers probably would have done the same thing, and they are going to side with the officer doing his job over an uncoperative, methed up armed robber, whos believed to be armed.

Not every arrest goes as planned. Sometimes uncooprative people die while being arrested for something that wouldn't carry the death penalty. That doesn't mean the officers are in the wrong. The reality is if the person wasn't a criminal, and most importantly wasn't resisting, then odds are you won't get killed. Soon as you start resisting you're taking your life into your own hands.

Typing all that in an attempt to justify an inept cop's perpetual employment...it's embarrassing.

The guy ran up on a loaded vehicle and tore open the rear door, (before which he was already motioning for his firearm) inviting a mess of a situation. It's absurd that people still want this guy working as an LEO.

Meth head? Check

Wouldn't comply? Check

Nothing of value lost? Check

I don't understand the controversy. A reasonable person will avoid being killed by a cop 100% of the time. I guaranfuckingtee it.

I think that after killing 2 unarmed people, now is the time to question whether this guy should be a police officer or not. Maybe his actions weren't criminal but maybe he isn't cut out for police work. It could be that both shootings are completely reasonable and don't say anything about his ability to handle the stresses of the job but I think you at least have to ask that question for the sake of public safety.

You have to get rid of the guy, he's too much of a liability. Justified or not, there is a pattern there and it needs to be stopped cold.

Meth head? Check

Wouldn't comply? Check

Nothing of value lost? Check

I don't understand the controversy. A reasonable person will avoid being killed by a cop 100% of the time. I guaranfuckingtee it.

What a moronic post in every way possible

And I defended the police officer as he gave the guy 6 chances to stop doing something that could have been life-threatening to the officer. The officer was put in a terrible situation and had to think safety first

And this particular meth addict sounded like a scumbag. But if you think anybody addicted to drugs equals nothing of value and nobody should care if they get shot then to that I say people who think like you are pieces of shit and equal nothing of value and nobody should care if you get shot.

And people being reasonable and that have done nothing wrong absolutely have been shot and killed by police. So put the 100% stat back in your ass where you pulled it out of

What a moronic post in every way possible

And I defended the police officer as he gave the guy 6 chances to stop doing something that could have been life-threatening to the officer. The officer was put in a terrible situation and had to think safety first

And this particular meth addict sounded like a scumbag. But if you think anybody addicted to drugs equals nothing of value and nobody should care if they get shot then to that I say people who think like you are pieces of shit and equal nothing of value and nobody should care if you get shot.

And people being reasonable and that have done nothing wrong absolutely have been shot and killed by police. So put the 100% stat back in your ass where you pulled it out of

Is your keyboard ok?

Is your keyboard ok?

Are your delusions ok?

Because you would have to be delusional if you think I am pounding my keyboard. I have lived quite long enough to not even be the slightest bit surprised with the thought-processes of human garbage and the ironic lack of respect for human life that they have while they would be the first to make that claim about others if it was coupled with the chance to be sanctimonious. It would be a never-ending waste of energy, time, and logic to actually allow that fact to alter my mood. I simply point it out when I see it because I think it should be pointed out.

Just like I point out people who can't debate on merit like to convince themselves that someone else is mad because it is the only club in their bag.

Are your delusions ok?

Because you would have to be delusional if you think I am pounding my keyboard. I have lived quite long enough to not even be the slightest bit surprised with the thought-processes of human garbage and the ironic lack of respect for human life that they have while they would be the first to make that claim about others if it was coupled with the chance to be sanctimonious. It would be a never-ending waste of energy, time, and logic to actually allow that fact to alter my mood. I simply point it out when I see it because I think it should be pointed out.

Just like I point out people who can't debate on merit like to convince themselves that someone else is mad because it is the only club in their bag.

Cool down bro, it's like, the internet.

Cool down bro, it's like, the internet.

You should make that your sig. I have a feeling it is the most profound thing you have ever said.

And I know this may come as a shock to you, but there are actual people making the posts on the Internet that live in the real world. And it is a concern when people think they are in a position to decide which people it is ok to kill because they deem their life to be meaningless. It would especially be a concern if that poster worked in a capacity where he could carry this opinion out. In any case, like i said, I am not mad and I think certain things people should get called out on.

I realize some people view apathy and ignorance as a badge of honor. I am guessing you are one of those people. That is fine. Be true to yourself. I will do the same.

Last edited:
Nowadays when I see a police officer I cross the street. They may just kill you.

Back