Convince me why Vitor loses to Bisping.

I don't see why anyone had to convince you whats going to happen. It's a closely matched fight and the odds reflect that. General consensus being that unless Vitor can seriously rock Bisping in the first, the decision is going to Bisping.

I love Belfort but I've no idea how people have Bisping down as a glass chin kind of guy when he's only ever been KO'd clean once in his career by the very same hand that put Fedor Emelianenko to sleep.

He's not Mark Hunt, but have a degree of fairness.

Bisping has endless gas tank.

Vitor is the favorite on myeyes, but if this go beyond the 2nd i favor Bisping.

because it is 2013, not 1997 and Bisping is not Anthony Johnson. Bisping will be on his bike this fight, stick and move away and get a decision.

Bisping will prove it to you soon enough lad.

In the last 5 years Belfort has lost to Jones (SUB) and A. Silva (KO). In the last 5 years Bisping has lost to Sonnen (Dec), W. Silva (Dec), Henderson (KO), Evans (DEc). Bisping is the slight favorite going into the fight. I feel Vitor should be the fav. Convince me why Bisping wins.

i was thinking the same thing.
vitor would also beat fedor if both guys decided to box.

Belfort would lose to all the guys that beat Bisping, except Wanderlei Silva. You don't really have a case there, TS.

In the last 5 years Belfort has lost to Jones (SUB) and A. Silva (KO). In the last 5 years Bisping has lost to Sonnen (Dec), W. Silva (Dec), Henderson (KO), Evans (DEc). Bisping is the slight favorite going into the fight. I feel Vitor should be the fav. Convince me why Bisping wins.

How is Bisping the slight fav? Where are you getting your odds?

vitor would also beat fedor if both guys decided to box.
:rolleyes:
when i look belfort's record i see 3-4 wins (+tank abbot -97) against good strikers

Vitor won't lose this fight. How long would Bisping last with Jones? Bisping due for loss. Vitor is due for a booming KO. He is bigger, stronger, cardio better than people let on, and he will hit Bisping, and that will be the beginning of the end. He only loses to great fighters. Which Bisping isnt. Don't bet too much coin on Mike fellas, he is up against it here, you are being delusional.

I love Belfort but I've no idea how people have Bisping down as a glass chin kind of guy when he's only ever been KO'd clean once in his career by the very same hand that put Fedor Emelianenko to sleep.

He's not Mark Hunt, but have a degree of fairness.

Glass? Certainly not. It's a 6 out of 10 at best though. You don't need to get KO'd to show a weak chin; some guys are just survivors. Rashad's isn't great either but he's only been stopped once. As for Bisping, he's been shook a number of times (even by Matt Hammill) and that's where the conclusion comes from.

I'd like to remind everyone that Vitor doesn't have to finish him to win. See Wanderlei's fight. If you seriously hurt someone, it heavily hedges the scorecards in your favor for that frame (in a competitive round it's almost a guaranteed win) and Belfort is quite capable of overwhelming Bisping's defense with pressure and landing a big shot, even past the first round.

Bisping can outpace Vitor and avoid big punches while landing more and tiring him out.

Might be interesting if it goes to the ground too.

As much as I think Bisping is overrated and a bit of a can crusher. His mad cardio and fighting style definitely makes him a live dog.

Cheering for Vitor though.

Vitor throws the same flurries over and over - and struggles with opponents who kick him.

Sakuraba kicked him at range just as easily as Jones did.

That said, Bisping struggles with guys who are willing to swarm on him. They could well both be each others kryptonite.

MMA math rarely works.
But I am also a believer in that Bisping will take this win.

Vitor throws the same flurries over and over - and struggles with opponents who kick him.

Sakuraba kicked him at range just as easily as Jones did.

That said, Bisping struggles with guys who are willing to swarm on him. They could well both be each others kryptonite.

While I agree with some of this , Vitor is not the same fighter he was when he fought Sakuraba. He was too bulky and has looked great at MW. Jones was able to do that because of his height and he fights tall. If Bisping can land leg kicks on him then he is in range to get his head taken off. Also No one really knows how Vitors cardio is at MW and for all we know it could be good. His fights have ended too quickly to know. He spent majority of his career fighting at LHW when he had no business there and probably enough to label him as having bad cardio because of it.

I just think Vitor is a lot stronger than Bisping and it'll show if and when they clinch and Vitor is able to shrug him off and blast him. Also not a lot of people point this out but Vitor actually has very underrated offensive wrestling. He can usually take a fight to the ground when he wants as we have seen in the past. This is MMA and I could be completely wrong but I am convinced that Vitor wins this fight, especially since fight is in Brazil

I hope Vitor's gas tank will be different fighting at MW (Bisping isnt a 225 pound Tito or Couture)

I doubt he will flop to his back in Brazil....

Back