Convince me why Vitor loses to Bisping.

Pfft, Belfort still doesn't get his props. Him losing to Bisping would be a shame. As good as Bisping is, Belfort is just better. At everything. Standing? Bisping would be remiss to trade hands with someone as powerful and quick as Belfort, and Belfort's grappling is constantly getting the end of the stick, but he has credentials and lots of experience. Bisping wouldn't have an easy time taking Belfort down and especially would have a tough time keeping him there.

Belfort is the worst matchup possible for Bisping, aside from Silva, and although anything can happen, as we've all seen, Bisping is going to be tested in an interesting way - his last few fights against someone of Belfort's caliber haven't really gone smoothly.

Vitors weight cut is gonna be a huge factor imo. Bulking up for Bones and coming back down again at his age could put a big strain on his body before he even steps in the octagon. With all that said i say Vitor clips him for the tko within 2

Vitor did not bulk up for Jones. He always walks around at or above 205. He just didn't have to cut weight for the Bones fight.

See every meaningful fight Vitor has bee in for the past 12 years...That should be enough to convince you. He's talented, but his true talent is choking.

Then again, Bisping seems to have the same problem.

-Bisping is better at every aspect of fighting
-Bisping is one of the best middleweights in the world.
-Vitor hasnt beaten a relevant fighter in years (longer without controversy)
-Vitor is probably the biggest choke artist in mma history
-Vitor does not belong in the ufc. Hes approaching phil baroni levels of washed up

-Bisping will embarrass and possibly (hopefully) retire him

If Vitor can't get an early KO, he will get taken down and gas, as he usually does when he can't get an early finish.

if vitor can't win early in the first, he usually ends up looking like crap afterwards. bisping seems like the kind of guy that can hold belfort up against the fence for the better part of a couple of rounds, demoralizing him en route to a decision victory.

See every meaningful fight Vitor has bee in for the past 12 years...That should be enough to convince you. He's talented, but his true talent is choking.

Then again, Bisping seems to have the same problem.

i'm hoping for a majority draw. that would make me content.

Vitor loses because he is going up against greater skill and physical assets. The only edge he has on Bisping is people here love him blindly instead of hating him blindly.

He is going to get comprehensively disassembled. Bisping will show his superiority in standup, wrestling and ground-fighting.

Bisping got dropped by wanderlei and got rocked by Akyiama. If Vitor presses forward like wanderlei did and takes the fight to him Vitor wins via TKO.

When you look at style and stamina...

Vitor is basically going into this fight with a Puncher's chance. A very good Puncher's chance, but a Puncher's chance nonetheless

I'm shocked at how many people are picking Bisping to win. Vitor is better than Mike at literally everything except wrestling.

I see him clipping Bisping, who gets hit hard in practically every fight, then finishing him with strikes. If Bisping wants to take this to the ground then Vitor is slick enough off his back to sub him from there as well.

Bisping is a better fighter than Vitor, and barring Vitor catching him and finishing him (which definitely could happen) Bisping will wear him down and possibly finish him.

I feel this is a little short sighted.

Bisping is a very well rounded fighter and does get shit on quite a bit. That being said he does not have better hands than Vitor. He does not have the punching power of Vitor. He is not on Vitor's level in BJJ.

I feel as if Vitor has more ways to finish the fight with his power and his BJJ game. I feel as if Bisping will have to use cardio and movement to steal rounds.

I agree with you bro, Michael Bisping is a great fighter and sometimes he's underrated... he's good, but i am with Belfort... i think he should be the favorite, and he will fight in his country...

Simply put, cardio and wrestling.

Close fight though that could go either way. Vitor probably a slight favorite.

I'm not quite sure why everyone is overlooking Vitor. I think that's a mistake. I can see Belfort either KOing Bisping or winning via Submission on the ground. The fight could go either way.

Long time Bisping fan here, but also a fan of Belfort.
My heart is saying Bisping will win by decision (possibly late stoppage), but my head is saying he wont last the initial onslaught. It's not a fight I'd wager any money on, as it could go either way.

I dont think Bisping has a weak chin, although I do agree he gets hit with big punches too often. Belfort has one punch KO power, and I'm not convinced Bisping will be able to avoid it.

I hope he does. I really want to see him get his title shot, as I believe he's paid his dues. It would also give him that one credible win that many of his naysayers are saying he's never had.
I cant see him being the champ while Silva is still around, but I do believe he's easily a top 5 MW and has the ability to beat anyone else in the division (bar Silva).

I'm shocked at how many people are picking Bisping to win. Vitor is better than Mike at literally everything except wrestling..

On paper this is almost always the case with Vitor in every big fight he's ever been in...Again on paper.

Then we see what takes place in reality and it's always a far different story. He always finds a way to blow it.

On paper this is almost always the case with Vitor in every big fight he's ever been in...Again on paper.

Then we see what takes place in reality and it's always a far different story. He always finds a way to blow it.

Lately Vitor's been money except against guys considered to be at the very top of the heap. Bisping's got one way to win this fight, and that's by pitter-patter punches and staying on his bicycle all fight. Belfort's got a multiplicity of ways to pull it off, which will be the difference.

Belfort has power in those hands, and Bisping has a suspect chin. Recipe for disaster for Bisping if you ask me.

dan-henderson-ko-bisping.jpg

Back