Contender Series 2024 thread

Wikipedia not show the change, they also show
Week 6 – September 17
BW - Quang Le vs. Chris Di Bari

Not sure who Chris is I can see in this thread we have Aaron Tau 8-0 Vs. Quang Le

Quang Le is replacing Basharat against Gutierrez.

Disappointed in the Ding Vs Dulatov fight being off as I was looking forward to it but on the flip side is was one of those fights where I kinda want both guys in the UFC.

That's great news. I have no info on the guy he's facing, but Meng Ding should get a nice finish here, right?
I know nothing at all about either guy TBH.

Edit: Some preliminary Tapology investigation shows Hamed to have a somewhat questionable record.

No wins that really stand out as impressive. He's 12-3 and on a four-fight win streak, but his last three opponents were 3-4, 3-2, and 2-3.

Last edited:
I know nothing at all about either guy TBH.

Edit: Some preliminary Tapology investigation shows Hamed to have a somewhat questionable record.

No wins that really stand out as impressive. He's 12-3 and on a four-fight win streak, but his last three opponents were 3-4, 3-2, and 2-3.

Thanks, Meng should blitz through this dude and get a contract. He's definitely UFC caliber, should have been signed outright instead of putting him on here, but either way, I see him getting the contract with a nice finish here.

Thanks, Meng should blitz through this dude and get a contract. He's definitely UFC caliber, should have been signed outright instead of putting him on here, but either way, I see him getting the contract with a nice finish here.
He lost to some fighters that in turn have lost to guys from the German regional scene. He did also get submitted by the same guy Usman did funnily enough. If Meng cant beat this guy he would have lost to low level UFC guys as well. Dana will definitely give that guy a contract. Another guy for his next China themed card.

Undefeated Level Fight League Middleweight champion Alain van de Merckt is confirmed:

Week 10 (October 15)

Alain Van de Merckt vs Heraldo Souza

Souza is 9-1-1 but his record is pretty nondescript. Hopefully Van de Merckt has an impressive performance.

How good is Leslie? Juli is moving up for the fight, she's really young and an AW as mentioned previously. They look equally as experienced, although Leslie has fought better competition. Juli is training at a better gym now at the UFC PI in Mexico City than she was previously, so it will be interesting seeing what she will look like under this new team.

Last edited:
Second week must watch prospects are Cody Haddon, Torrez Finney and Hugo Cunha.
Torrez Finney is one of my top prospects outside of the UFC. Yeah he's short for the division, but he's an absolute beast.

I was pretty surprised that he didn't get a contract after his performance last season, and I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday.

Kuniev is a good test about Cunha's wrestling adaption for MMA. I expect similar fight like Almeida vs Nasrudinov.
If Cunha does use his wrestling, last fight I watched he was throwing looping overhands trying for a KO. The other guy didn't go down and I do not remember his shots to be noteworthy later on in the fight.

Back