Consortium ... come back to the forum, please

Blues had been done and done again many times before Elvis got his hands on it. People are still playing the same 3 chord progressions and calling themselves songwriters today.

Elvis' detractors always point to the fact that he took songs from guys like Arthur Crudup,Bill Monroe and whoever but the thing is he didn't really imitate those songs, he totally revamped them. Black folks still hate him for stealing the blues but hey, he made just about everything he touched better except for the little richard and ray charles covers.

As the Alkaholicks once said '. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery... ...punk don't flatter me'

That being said Consort doesn't appear to have used his blog or Twitter since early 2014, maybe he just fucked the Internet off, or maybe he has an alternative log on these days and keeps a low profile. Either way it would be good to see him return, and bring the Kid back with him.

i remember when kid was busted (by tam or rubio I think) for plagiarizing, i forget exactly what, he just blew it off. People are funny, even gifted people steal, Prince, my idol, stole a lot of stuff whole from the musicians around him. I say it's 'funny' because to me it just shows how even super gifted people have self-doubt and insecurity because that's what it is. Personally, I would never do it as a songwriter, at least not to that degree, but i've put in homages to heroes of mine. Sometimes it's hard not to, i mean sometimes a riff is just so damn good and ain't nobody using it anyways. It seems wasteful.

As the Alkaholicks once said '. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery... ...punk don't flatter me'

That being said Consort doesn't appear to have used his blog or Twitter since early 2014, maybe he just fucked the Internet off, or maybe he has an alternative log on these days and keeps a low profile. Either way it would be good to see him return, and bring the Kid back with him.

hip hop guys rip the shit off out of each other, my buddy used to always diss Will Smith for stealing from some guy or other. Will also imitated Eddie Murphy in his early acting, to a t. There's this comedian, Carlos Mencia, who was busted by Joe Rogan for stealing shit, damn, now that would be humiliating. Some say Don Rickles stole his whole "Insult Humor" style from another guy, of course, usually people deny it. There was a russian comedian who accused eddie murphy of stealing his signature laugh, when asked about it the guy he said "who's that?".

It's true man, everything has been done before, Abbot and Costello took off Laurel and Hardy, it's always gonna happen. Having original thoughts is fucking hard these days, I doubt I've ever had one lol.

There is also nobodies who will always be nobodies that claim someone stole their shit.
Dont believe the hype

There is also nobodies who will always be nobodies that claim someone stole their shit.
Dont believe the hype

ya, that happens too, I'm just saying that it happens the other way so i'm not so quick to dismiss it. I remember when Michael Jackson's Thriller, it opened a whole can of worms for Michael, meaning the success of it. I once read that he spent a crazy amount of time in courts just fending off all of these (mostly ridiculous) claims of plagiarism. Really though, anytime something is successful, someone wants to claim it, hell Quincy Jones, Jackson's producer takes all the credit for Michaels success which he honestly does not deserve at all.

jimmy page stole sooooo much music

fuck yeah, so much it makes me sick to my stomach. But Zeppelin was so damn great that I can't just hate them. What I didn't like about the brit rockers was that they took some of the realest, grittiest of musics and used it for their own innate haughtiness and self-aggrandizement, that's what I hate about the brit rockers but goddamn they were great, pretentious pricks.

and lets not leave out the fight world, eddie futchs, manny Stewards etc.., as great as they were try to take all the credit (and as much money as they can)from guys who often taught themselves. When I was in it, I wouldn't even consider letting some punk take credit for skills I worked on for many, many lonely hours all alone, fuck em all.

Just to put this into perspective, a thread that's simply about asking a poster to return has attracted 1300 unique viewers in the space of 24 hours. It's trending well which indicates it's going to be a huge event. We just gotta click our heals together and say I believe in Consortium.

Just to put this into perspective, a thread that's simply about asking a poster to return has attracted 1300 unique viewers in the space of 24 hours. It's trending well which indicates it's going to be a huge event. We just gotta click our heals together and say I believe in Consortium.
No one in this thread is talking about Consortium.
Half of this thread is about Elvis.

No one in this thread is talking about Consortium.
Half of this thread is about Elvis.

The people outside the thread don't know that people are talking about Elvis. They're clicking on it cause they want to see what's up with Consortium.

1400 viewers

this PPV could break 1 million buys

based on trends at least

I invented the remix. Not Puffy.

Did you like "I need a girl" pt.1 or pt. 2 better? I definitely prefered the version with Usher.

Or did both versions include Usher? Shit, I don't know. All those posers looked the same back then ...they still do.

Its better he stay gone, honestly it's like some music twat who dies too early. It's cool, it's rock n roll. They're so "missed", at the end of the day it's better to keep them in your mind as they were. If you really thought back, you don't miss Con or Kid you miss the idea.

He used his twitter earlier this year in May. Had some one on one discussions with somebody back then. While it may be a long shot, I tweeted him a link to this thread yesterday if by an off chance he does occasionally go on twitter. He's also still very active in the comments section of the Guardian, though, and appears to have gone back to commenting on boxing there as well after a long hiatus. Maybe he'll do the same with this place. Not sure. Only he knows.

Its better he stay gone, honestly it's like some music twat who dies too early. It's cool, it's rock n roll. They're so "missed", at the end of the day it's better to keep them in your mind as they were. If you really thought back, you don't miss Con or Kid you miss the idea.

Lets miss the idea of Queen B and 1mic as well.

well, essentially he didn't want to be here anymore. and he decided to go out that way.

Lol.

I guess just not posting is too difficult.

Back