Consortium ... come back to the forum, please

ya, i'd estimate a good portion of the residents here maybe even 50 percent spend over two hours on the road each day for work. doesn't make any sense.

i'd like to do that, i knew a lady, indian lady who had a son who told her people were crazy to live like we do here in the city. I said "he's right", it is crazy, you spend all day working with people you may or may not like, get paid enough to get things that someone else told you to want, spend tons of time in traffic, it's insane the way people live. anyway, the lady's son ended up moving to alaska, totally different world up there for sure, and he wasn't alaskan indian, he was sioux. However, if there is one great thing about america its that there is lots and lots of land and places to go to if you really want to. as i live in this cesspool, i still ponder why so many people see it as the only way to live, just brainwashed i guess.

One of the two or three best decision in my life was moving out west here to BC back in '99. Came out here from Winnipeg (lived there over a decade after growing up in an isolated town in northern Manitoba) and the difference is night & day. Everything is so completely different out here. The people, the culture, the land itself...It was almost like a spiritual cleansing in a way. Back in Winnipeg over my last few years there I was angry, probably depressed, and felt trapped in that shithole. None of that is out here, though. If I want to get out of this little city I live in now I jump into my car and within 10 mins, no matter which way I go, I'm on the highway and on my way to spend the day at a mountain lake or some beautiful place like that. The people here are so friggin' relaxed & chilled out as well. Totally different than where I came from. It was hard to make a move like that for me since, even if I hated the place, I kind of fell into a comfort zone. But hardly a day goes by nowadays where I'm not thankful that I did.

If I jump into my car right this instant I'd be more than half way to Lake Louise in two hours.

One of the two or three best decision in my life was moving out west here to BC back in '99. Came out here from Winnipeg (lived there over a decade after growing up in an isolated town in northern Manitoba) and the difference is night & day. Everything is so completely different out here. The people, the culture, the land itself...It was almost like a spiritual cleansing in a way. Back in Winnipeg over my last few years there I was angry, probably depressed, and felt trapped in that shithole. None of that is out here, though. If I want to get out of this little city I live in now I jump into my car and within 10 mins, no matter which way I go, I'm on the highway and on my way to spend the day at a mountain lake or some beautiful place like that. The people here are so friggin' relaxed & chilled out as well. Totally different than where I came from. It was hard to make a move like that for me since, even if I hated the place, I kind of fell into a comfort zone. But hardly a day goes by nowadays where I'm not thankful that I did.

ya and seattle has a thing they are known for called the "seattle freeze" where everyone from a different place thinks the people here are socially retarded. I do what I can, I try not to let myself get into any bad work situations which is where most of that kind of stuff comes from from my observation. the rest, the noise, the homeless problem, the constant having your guard up i've pretty much learned to live with but not to the degree that I think it's the way to live. as for most people, i really don't think they think about much of what they do, they have kids, get stuck in jobs they hate with mates they can't get along with, it's not good for them but well, that's their problem, i guess the reason they stay in the city is security, why else would they? It is very sad to see how quickly this shit breaks down families from other cultures who had solid families before both parents had to go out and work all day. We have a big eastern african population here, generally beautiful people, very helpful and kind to a fault but at the same time, in the last few years, the kids have started doing the shit portrayed in hip hop culture, killing each other, robbing and stealing. I've spoken to several of them about these things and the first thing they say is that it's not perfect but considering where they came from they had to worry about food all the time, this is better.

That's the thing with city life isn't it? You always got to be alert. Always got to be aware of what's going on around. You can rarely ever let your guard down and show weakness or else there's a good chance you'll get hurt in some manner or another. But why should people have to do that? Like you say, Moz, it's not exactly the best way to go through life. Yeah sure, the city likely provides you with better financial opportunities and can provide more conviences. But it just sucks. At least for me it did. I shouldn't have to walk home at night in the city and purposely give a hard stare to some punk ass kids and dare them to try something. Just to show them that they best look elsewhere for "prey"? What the fuck? That was nightly for me due to where I worked in Winnipeg, which is a city that's probably not nearly the size of Seattle. Don't need to worry about that shit anymore. If I want to take my cat to the park across the street in the middle of the night or something like that I can do that with not a worry to be found. There's hardly ever anyone around. It's a freedom you don't find in the bigger cities and I love it. You have a freedom in many things beyond that as well. Fuck the city. I've lived in BC for 16 years now and I've only been to Vancouver once. One time more than I really wanted to.

yup, my goal as of now is to get enough money and enough of a career to justify getting some property way, way out. I'm not talking small town either, i'm talking seriously isolated. small towns scare me too, the thinking is generally too conservative from what I can glean, i read an article once explaining how bush jr. won the second election because everyone here was confused as fuck, it pointed out just how different in thinking small town america and big city america is. The last couple times I went to fairbanks i could see just how backwards in their thinking some of them were, even the indians. I'm not saying you have to obsess on the shit, because really, i don't want to even think of america's problems much anymore, i'm saying if you have a big uncle sam dick in your ass and you pretend like things should be that way and convince yourself you actually love it then you're fucked up. I've told some of my relatives as much when they invite me to these farout places,you know "hey, look, i don't think we'll get along so good". One of my relatives got angry at my brother because he loves going to the gay pride parade here in seattle. Like i tell my friends, you know there is no such thing as a trouble free life for anyone but it can be a lot better, life is too damned good to be hassling with other folk over stupid shit.

Yeah, my goal is almost the exact same as yours, Moz. I've always wanted my own log cabin on the lake with no one else around. With my wife & I having a 15 year-old son, who's a few years away from going out on his own, I'm hoping that dream is a realization sometime pretty soon. I don't want to be too isolated from society. But definitely out there all alone. I've also been thinking about buying a cheap camper van or something like that and doing some traveling in it for a few months or so. If my wife allows it, I might do that by myself. Just fart around in the mountains for a couple months. Or maybe travel out east to Quebec and the Maritimes. We'll see.

Your last point is so true too. Why bog yourself down with stupid shit? Or petty shit? I still occasionally get upset over dumb stuff nowadays and then a minute later when I've settled down it's like why the fuck bother? We get better at eliminating that stuff the older we get, though.

the thing i get tired of online is the bickering just because you completely disagree with someone on something, i mean it goes from their to the personal attacks, and that is just a waste of time. Its dissapointing how immature many, many people are. I had a friend since i was five turn on me and it began because i didn't hate jews along with him, wierd, stupid, immature and considering this guy has a doctorate, just dissapointing. I think of him every time a debate starts getting wierd either involving me or anyone else. My faith in humanity is very low these days.

you're probably better off without a rabidly anti-semetic friend TBH. Just a (goy) New Yorkers' 2 cents.

you're probably better off without a rabidly anti-semetic friend TBH. Just a (goy) New Yorkers' 2 cents.

what bothered me about it was how he just completely turned, i mean, i've been through it a few times so i wasn't totally taken off guard, but it gives the feeling when you've been through it a few times that people just aren't worth the time, you know, we are all going to be in disagreement over something or other, what do we do? is it all just hostility and war in the future for humanity? well not for me, i really do think it's going to get bad in this country, probably in my lifetime so why put yourself right in the middle of some crap like this? And when you realize that some of the people who act like this, which is to say, like a two year old, that they have advanced degrees, not dummies, not hopeless, ignorant people, if those guys aren't even any more morally mature than that, what is the probability for anyone else being any more evolved? I have to say, these days, being around the simple and the humble is just fine with me. I've been helping an east indian friend with his immigration case or whatever else he needs just because I like being around people who aren't saturated with all this competivism, greed, xenophobia and narcissism so many other kinds of people have.

Nobody really cares that much about your issue with Sharkey. Everyone just got over excited because it was something different happening and there was a bit of drama, but other than that nobody really fucking cares. The fact of the matter is you have been one of the finest posters on this forum since it was created. You've been a big well here since you arrived and the place has been drying up since you left. So what if you borrowed from Sharkey? People borrow from you all the fucking time. I see posts that look like they could have been written by you all over the place, that's probably because they were written by you. People have been borrowing your ideas left right and center. That's fine. That's what we do here.

I'm going to say it now that I have actually posted that same content about the multiple world titles in other forums like it was my own - word for word, just like you did. I didn't change it because I knew it didn't need to be changed. I couldn't add to it because I had no fucking clue how Sharkey even came up with that information in the first place. I have a feeling this is what you were thinking. You loved the idea and you wanted to spread it, basically because people rip on this sport so much for the multiple titles and taking down this mythos would be a huge boon. But it's hard to spread the love when you don't really know where the info is coming from. But really that's what we do here. This forum is a library and boxing fans come here to read the lore from living human books that aren't just here to teach, but are here to fight and argue. This is a learning room, and you learned something you never would have learned from reading a regular book.

What happened is between you and Sharkey and you guys can sort it out however you want, but I get the impression Sharkey isn't really bothered that much by this either. There's no sense in letting damaged pride keep you from doing something you love. By staying away like this you're doing more harm to the sport than good. This forum is a small pond and you're a pretty big fish here. The biggest fish lay the best eggs but if he flops out onto land and walks away then there's no one here to raise new big fish. The well's drying up and we need more water.

Good post. We are a community of boxing fans. We are here to have fun. If we are lucky, maybe we may learn something along the way.

I personally read a lot more than I post. However, I felt compelled to support Consortium.

Back