Conor's Octagon return has turned into the UFC's biggest headache - USAToday article

Sure...right :rolleyes:

Until a fighter you don't nuthug does it.
Are you saying i nuthug Conor? I dont even like the guy and usually dont post in threads about him at all actually. Look at my post history, theres literally nothing abut Conor in it at all.

I could care less about any of the other shit as long as they are opposite eachother on fight night. With that said have Ferg ready for 5 rounds just in case.
TG UFC smartened up and packed Poirier, Diaz, Ferg, Conor, likely Lee and Khabib near each other. Iaquinta is a decent fighter but no where nears the level of the aforementioned guys. I feel confident that we will atleast get some bomb fights.

Maybe he's trying to lose the Dadbod before the fight

Means one of two things imo. It's Conor's 'Rousey' moment, or the fight won't go ahead at all. I'm swaying towards the latter.
George Lockhart arrived in Dublin a few days ago. Dashon Johnson (Conor's sparring partner from the Mayweather fight) is flying to Dublin presently. McGregor's camp is running at full steam, he just is keeping very low profile and staying on his own turf.

TG UFC smartened up and packed Poirier, Diaz, Ferg, Conor, likely Lee and Khabib near each other. Iaquinta is a decent fighter but no where nears the level of the aforementioned guys. I feel confident that we will atleast get some bomb fights.
About time they did this. Makes a lot of sense

People are really reaching here.

Its not even time to promote the event. Its fuckin 228 this week. Atleast wait until the prior ppv is done. Conor also already went to jail for his promotion this time around..

I doubt Khabib or Mcgregor wanted to do a big media tour. I'd say right after 228 the real hype shall begin.

Hate to defend Conor but he's got the toughest MMA fight of his career coming up, flying around doing promos take time out of training.. if the UFC is upset fly to Ireland
he had 2 years to prepare for this fight instead he partied, fucked hookers and messed around.
Seen posted on the underground and twitter and here last night that Conor is dealing with a knee injury and doctors don't want him to fight, but he's still going to show up.

post the link or source or whatever or stop spreading fake news

Promotion doesnt even start till final two weeks and really the majority of promotion is done during fight week.

If he doesnt show up to do a press conference or interviews during fight week then its an issue.

But I doubt UFC even wanted a world tour, for what? Spending money flying them around to do something you can do in one press conference during fight week. Not to mention more times they are face to face the greater chance of something bad between them or their camps happening.

Really just need to show up for one press conference, the weigh ins, have a good face off that builds interest without getting too crazy and the fight sells through the roof.

Shits a month away, 228 hasnt even happened. Just wait until you start seeing ESPN talking about it, Dana doing interviews and Conor/Khabib coming face to face. Fight week will blow up.

Just look at GGG/Canelo 2, no world tour or anything, fight is next weekend. Next week you'll see the real build up for that fight and it will sell great. Same with Conor/Khabib in a month. Shit he can do what Ronda did and still sell. She didnt do shit in the Nunes fight and it still sold a million buys on a Friday card just cause it was her comeback fight.

Doesn't say anything Meltzer didn't report 2 weeks ago... just points out the obvious.

Promotion doesnt even start till final two weeks and really the majority of promotion is done during fight week.

If he doesnt show up to do a press conference or interviews during fight week then its an issue.

But I doubt UFC even wanted a world tour, for what? Spending money flying them around to do something you can do in one press conference during fight week. Not to mention more times they are face to face the greater chance of something bad between them or their camps happening.

Really just need to show up for one press conference, the weigh ins, have a good face off that builds interest without getting too crazy and the fight sells through the roof.

Shits a month away, 228 hasnt even happened. Just wait until you start seeing ESPN talking about it, Dana doing interviews and Conor/Khabib coming face to face. Fight week will blow up.

Just look at GGG/Canelo 2, no world tour or anything, fight is next weekend. Next week you'll see the real build up for that fight and it will sell great. Same with Conor/Khabib in a month. Shit he can do what Ronda did and still sell. She didnt do shit in the Nunes fight and it still sold a million buys on a Friday card just cause it was her comeback fight.

Wait....ggg vs canelo 2 is next week?!

Means one of two things imo. It's Conor's 'Rousey' moment, or the fight won't go ahead at all. I'm swaying towards the latter.

Yeah even if this conors execution, it's in his interest to raise the buyrrate

Something's fishy

This is going to sell out regardless...

Conor is making a point. How much promotion is Khabib capable of? None.

1. Longest duck job in MMA history, up to and including setting the record for non-defense and getting stripped of the belt. Outdid even GDR, the 2nd most blatant duck job in MMA history

2. They book the fight when there is no other choice whatsoever

3. Tony gets booked on the same card against a nonsensical opponent

4. Conor AND IMPORTANTLY THE UFC does no promotion for Conor vs Khabib

Don't think I need to try to predict what happens at step 5. This is the same old instagram tactic part one billion... generate buzz and try to save face without fighting. Get ready for Khabib vs Tony part 5 apparently.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mm...o-ufcs-biggest-headache/ar-BBMVrz7?li=BBnba9I

We've still got a month for this to turn into a media frenzy, but yeah, it's weird that there's no media tour for the biggest fight in history.

EDIT - *UFC* history.

I think they're sensationalizing it a bit to make the article more interesting. Conor has enough leverage to turn down promotion. The pressers and shit generally seemed to hinder his opponents more than himself so whatever, it's up to him. Maybe the UFC is pissed because they won't make as much as they could but they'll likely still make a hefty amount. So I don't really give a fuck.

I think we are all afraid of that one thing...

I could care less about any of the other shit as long as they are opposite eachother on fight night. With that said have Ferg ready for 5 rounds just in case.

You couldn't care less.

Saying you could care less does nothing apart from tell us that you do in fact care, since you could care less.

Back