Conor's Octagon return has turned into the UFC's biggest headache - USAToday article

It's a drama queen pageantry when Conor is in the news.

Seems like all the articles and posts crying about the lack of promoting are in fact, promoting the fight.

This fight sells big time and conor collects a fat payday with minimal effort outside of fight night and fight prep
Agreed. This is the first time I've ever seen USA Today even have an article on the UFC.

I could care less about any of the other shit as long as they are opposite eachother on fight night. With that said have Ferg ready for 5 rounds just in case.

Sure...right :rolleyes:

Until a fighter you don't nuthug does it.

Its allright that he doesnt put up with all the shit the ufc demands but as a fighter he does have media obligations. If he gets beaten by Khabib and Tony back to back his stock will plummet and wme wont give a fook about him anymore and they wont put up with his shit.

This article proves one thing: If you know what you're worth, and youve got the talent to back it up, no one can touch you.

Conor is a case study of how marketing wins. Love him or hate him...the guy moves the needle
True but is also 1-2 losses away from losing that aura.

There is a reason why Floyd is king - Undefeated.

Says that White expect this fight to break 2 million.

Even if they did all the promotion the could, I really doubt it would go that high.

I really believe Conor will fight anyone so if there is any issue although the fights signed its money. He says ok you dont want to pay me this so I'll take this but fuck any of your promotional crap. Dude makes more money in sponsorship and all that then any makes fighting for Daner I would imagine.

Its allright that he doesnt put up with all the shit the ufc demands but as a fighter he does have media obligations. If he gets beaten by Khabib and Tony back to back his stock will plummet and wme wont give a fook about him anymore and they wont put up with his shit.

Which is more likely if he wastes potential training time doing media. He is right to prioritize preparation as the fight is already sold, how much difference will a little extra media really make?

Hate to defend Conor but he's got the toughest MMA fight of his career coming up, flying around doing promos take time out of training.. if the UFC is upset fly to Ireland

Means one of two things imo. It's Conor's 'Rousey' moment, or the fight won't go ahead at all. I'm swaying towards the latter.
Or 3... Conor negotiated far less press and it makes no difference and it sells well and he wins anyway ...

Why are all the people who hate Conor and claim its because he talks too much are crying about him not doing press conferences?

He does what ever he wants. He became bigger than UFC and it only took less than 5 years.

Its going to do over a million buys whether he does the UFC's petty media BS or not. He knows what he has to do to get paid and thats all that he is going to do. Conspiracy theories are pretty funny to read though.

Back