Conor's Octagon return has turned into the UFC's biggest headache - USAToday article

They might be waiting until after this weekends event to start heavily promoting.

I’m sure Woodley would be pissed if everything was about Conor/Khabib right before his title defense.

It's Dana's job to promote. If Conor aint available then build a story line around Khabib. Most people probably have no idea who Khabib is so now is a good time to introduce him as the champ.

Speculating as to what the ufc229 ppv numbers are supposed be is just that, speculation. Those saying this gate should do 2 million but because Conor isnt promoting, therefore the UFC is losing a million viewers, those people must be psychics.

Dana brags that people watch the UFC because of the brand and not the fighters should get off his fat ass and promote this fight.

I have no idea why people continue to bitch about Conor not doing any media, his dolly case already brought enough attention to sell this fucking fight
Let the man train

The last time this happened he got pulled off the card.

Diaz II had promotion. And press conferences.

At this time the UFC is probably thinking they went through way too much shit to even make the fight so they let it slide and hope it just happens. And this stroy at least creates some further interest. But they are likely losing out on a lot of potential money even though they will make a lot. Anyone who says it's no big deal and won't make much of a difference has not been paying attention as to how Conor became a star.

But if the sports most famous trash talker is not making promos this is saying something. We are just not sure what it is exactly. Most likely a combination of many things.

With that said personally I don't care as long as the fight happens.

Dunno man.

I just think that he overdid his shtick with Mayweather and now they have to think of something else so he doesn't become boring.

If he did his standard routine it would be the same shit as the tour.

Trust me, they are taking the silent/deadly/focused route this time around.

Cause this time, *movie voice* IT'S PERSONAL :D

The only way this fight doesnt happen is if Khabib's liver gives out again and he cant physically make weight. Because neither of these guys are going to back out now even with an injury. There will be a press conference, the embedded series and weigh-ins closer to the fight to generate hype. The backstory to this fight is already 10x what most PPV main cards have going for it. The fight was already sold when Conor threw the dolly at the bus and mainstream media were covering it worldwide.
Also with the short attention span the world has today if you promote to early it will undoubtedly fizzle before the fight. I've said it a few times, after 228 there will be promotional tweets and posturing but I don't think it will be nor needs to be as crazy as in the past.

Not at all, Buddzie. Ronda was forced in to fighting by a crazy mother and never loved it. Conor was obsessed and passionate about it and that is alll that he does, even after he made butt loads of money.

What is going on now is a beef with Endeavor (formerly WME). Conor hates them and thinks they under value him, with problems stemming back to UFC 200, where WME recommended 'teaching him a lesson and benching him', hence why Conor showed up late to press conferences following that and would say '4.2 billion this company was worth' and was very vitriolic. Last year, the UFC fucking bombed without Conor, but Conor's Mayweather fight pulled them out of a devastating year single handedly, an they did nothing while he did ALL the heavy lifting, and was hence called 'a dream opponent'm by Mayweather.

So, how does the UFC repay him? They say he might be on drugs and throw him under the bus after Artem got bullied. Conor comes from mafia connections and a place where loyalty is everything, hence why he worked like a horse for 'uncle Frank', who also is mob hooked up and the loyal type. Conor is finding out WME is the Hollywood Zionist types, and they really don't give a fook about Irish Conor or loyalty, and certainly are not about to give him the serious shares in the company that he wants or do him any favors like Frank did (i.e. hooking him up with MacMansion). Conor won't do shit for them unless they pay him, and even then, he might be so pissed at them that he will not even do squat, as he is already set for life and has earned well over 100 million in his career.
<36>

I hope Conor refuses media during the whole lead up lol, the salt is beautiful

if the fight is still happening, it's all i care about, don't give a fuck about anything else

UFC's biggest headache.
<Lmaoo><45><45><Lmaoo><Dany07><Lmaoo><45><45><Lmaoo>

Yeah, I'm sure they're fooking drying tearz all the way to the bank while dipshit USA today sayz he'z a fooking headache & claiming ...and I quote...

USA Today - "Even after nearly two years away"

FFS with in inches of that statement they said "made a fortune by boxing Floyd Mayweather"

So even though they're aware that Conor just fought August 26, 2017, (& made the UFC a sh*t ton of money) their opening statement in this article is that he hasn't fought in 2 years & their article title is that he's nothing but a headache. Not even "a" headache... they're saying he's their "biggest headache"... oh FFS can you get any more clickbait obvious than this?

You fooking trolls can save your breath trying to explain that they were talking about "away from the UFC" but even you delusional fooks know that USA Today waz aiming for clickbait & I'm calling them out on their Bull sh*t.

What evidence do you have to suggest that said comment is accurate? At no point has Conor bailed from a fight. Not once. Never. Hasn't missed weight and hasn't bailed. Khabib? Yep, sure has. Several times.

Conor has plenty to criticize. But one area where there is ZERO precedent is bailing on a fight that was BOOKED.

He might lose. But he'll be there and he'll make weight.
I don't enteirely
Dunno man.

I just think that he overdid his shtick with Mayweather and now they have to think of something else so he doesn't become boring.

If he did his standard routine it would be the same shit as the tour.

Trust me, they are taking the silent/deadly/focused route this time around.

Cause this time, *movie voice* IT'S PERSONAL :D
I don't think you can catch as many casuals as possible this way. I mean this fight will sell big after all is said and done but I am pretty sure the ceiling will not be reached by this.

And when a business looks at potential money they can make and they do not reach it because of someone refusing to do what is asked of him they are not going to be happy despite how much they make. Of course he won't be fired but the relationship will become more difficult.

Of course Conor will also miss out on quite some money this way. But that would be his problem.

guys....guys.., listen. this thread is simple.

ufc knows khabib will pull, so why in gods name would you spend a penny on promotion.

2+2=4

Maybe Conor was being a good guy by refusing to allow anyone who makes PPV points on his card?????

You all blame Conor, but maybe he is banned from UFC premises and can't legally appear there to do press, ever thought about it??

Conor can't let this be a bust cause it affects his future bargaining power. But he also knows that it takes only one stunt to make this big, so why bother with the little shit.
Actualy if its a bust it actualy helps his bargaining power ,the ufc cant treat him like the jr partner if they need his participation to hit huge buyrates! He can always point and say 'well look how well the ufc brand alone sold without my help'

Back