Conor's Octagon return has turned into the UFC's biggest headache - USAToday article

Means one of two things imo. It's Conor's 'Rousey' moment, or the fight won't go ahead at all. I'm swaying towards the latter.

And+now+we+wait_a535cd_5519283.gif

This is his way of promoting the fight.

This has already happened before.

Remember "I've decided to retire young" ?

Conor doesn't want to do media in case he changes his mind and wants to step out of it. So it will be less of a big deal.

This article proves one thing: If you know what you're worth, and youve got the talent to back it up, no one can touch you.

Conor is a case study of how marketing wins. Love him or hate him...the guy moves the needle

Nice post.. You cant wait can you...

I think promotion will start after 228

Seems like all the articles and posts crying about the lack of promoting are in fact, promoting the fight.

This fight sells big time and conor collects a fat payday with minimal effort outside of fight night and fight prep

Means one of two things imo. It's Conor's 'Rousey' moment, or the fight won't go ahead at all. I'm swaying towards the latter.

This is a very profound post and quite possibly the most accurate opinion to date.

I don't get why they don't fly out UFC promoters to Ireland to shoot some promos if Conor is too much of a bitch to stay in the US leading to this fight.

This is his way of promoting the fight.

This has already happened before.

Remember "I've decided to retire young" ?
The last time this happened he got pulled off the card.

Diaz II had promotion. And press conferences.

At this time the UFC is probably thinking they went through way too much shit to even make the fight so they let it slide and hope it just happens. And this story at least creates some further interest. But they are likely losing out on a lot of potential money even though they will make a lot. Anyone who says it's no big deal and won't make much of a difference has not been paying attention as to how Conor became a star.

But if the sports most famous trash talker is not making promos this is saying something. We are just not sure what it is exactly. Most likely a combination of many things.

With that said personally I don't care as long as the fight happens.

Last edited:
The only way this fight doesnt happen is if Khabib's liver gives out again and he cant physically make weight. Because neither of these guys are going to back out now even with an injury. There will be a press conference, the embedded series and weigh-ins closer to the fight to generate hype. The backstory to this fight is already 10x what most PPV main cards have going for it. The fight was already sold when Conor threw the dolly at the bus and mainstream media were covering it worldwide.

Wait, did Dana really say Conor/Khabib will break 2m buys?

His profit depends on the monetary performance of the fight, so he and his management probably have a plan.

I could care less about any of the other shit as long as they are opposite eachother on fight night. With that said have Ferg ready for 5 rounds just in case.

This is a very profound post and quite possibly the most accurate opinion to date.
What evidence do you have to suggest that said comment is accurate? At no point has Conor bailed from a fight. Not once. Never. Hasn't missed weight and hasn't bailed. Khabib? Yep, sure has. Several times.

Conor has plenty to criticize. But one area where there is ZERO precedent is bailing on a fight that was BOOKED.

He might lose. But he'll be there and he'll make weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back