Conor

Until he got stopped he boxed better though and thats what we were discussing. A fighter can be dominating a fight and get stopped, that just judging on that is misleading.

... and all of this is a moot point cause he got stopped by Floyd unlike Canelo. Hence he did not 'do better'. Stop moving goalposts and saying that's what we were discussing. We were discussing which fighter did better against Floyd. I'll even disregard everything else like you asked and my point still stands. A fighter who gets stopped did not 'do better' versus the guy who takes it to the scorecards. Everything you do until that point becomes pointless the minute the ref steps in to save you from permanent damage.

You are wasting your time. Even with statistics nobody in sherdog boxing is going to give Conor any credit for his performance
I actually gave him credit for lasting a few rounds and didn't feel like he embarrassed himself. To be walked down and beaten up by Floyd, though- I think people have to exaggerate to say he did really well.

Hes so bad he won more rounds off Floyd than most of his opponents, and in his 1st pro boxing fight. What a loser!
Floyd carried him the first five rounds and two of the judges gave Conor only the first round.
floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-scorecard.jpg

Floyd carried him the first five rounds and two of the judges gave Conor only the first round.
floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-scorecard.jpg
That's true but those scores are off which isn't surprising. Dave Moretti had it right. This looks particularly bad given that even Leonard Ellerbe had Conor winning the first few rounds and he's the CEO of Mayweather Promotions.

I have a hard time believing this did anywhere near that many PPVs. Even the casual mma fans I know who are easily hoodwinked into parting with their money knew this fight was as close to fixed as you can get. They all watched “highlights” the next morning.

Floyd's strategy against Conor was the same as the one Nate Diaz used in his first fight with Conor. Walk him down to make him work when he doesn't want to work and continue to target his conditioning issues. Floyd said it himself in a post-fight interview, he let him shoot his load early and then went to work. Once he started really investing in the body (round 5) Floyd took over, broke him down, and let his hands go after his gas tank was depleted. Conor was breathing heavy after only two rounds and that's before Floyd even put forth an effort to break him down with straight right hands to the body. He already had conditioning issues and didn't know how to pace himself for a 12 round fight in the ring.

Conor had some limited success early timing Floyd when he was overextending on his straight right leads by meeting him with rear counter left uppercuts and keeping him at bay with his jab. Floyd felt him out early and didn't respect his power especially after the early rounds when he was coming on strong as Conor was fading. To me it looked like Floyd did carry him a bit but I'll have to rewatch it. It was a very unusual performance from Floyd either way.

Last edited:
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
I'm not sure what's so funny about what he said? Most had Conor 'winning' 3 or 4 rounds. Even the network they fought on had Conor up. Floyd hardly worked at all those first three rounds as he wanted Conor to punch himself out.

I'm not sure what's so funny about what he said? Most had Conor 'winning' 3 or 4 rounds. Even the network they fought on had Conor up. Floyd hardly worked at all those first three rounds as he wanted Conor to punch himself out.

the genuine boxing craft part

mayweather CARRIED mcgregor the entire fight

the genuine boxing craft part

mayweather CARRIED mcgregor the entire fight
I think he carried him too but that can be debated
To me it looked like Floyd did carry him a bit but I'll have to rewatch it. It was a very unusual performance from Floyd either way.
One thing Floyd didn't do is allow Conor to hit him. Some of those shots managed to get Floyd's attention.

... and all of this is a moot point cause he got stopped by Floyd unlike Canelo. Hence he did not 'do better'. Stop moving goalposts and saying that's what we were discussing. We were discussing which fighter did better against Floyd. I'll even disregard everything else like you asked and my point still stands. A fighter who gets stopped did not 'do better' versus the guy who takes it to the scorecards. Everything you do until that point becomes pointless the minute the ref steps in to save you from permanent damage.

Actually the original point was he showed more boxing craft against Floyd, not that he 'did better'. We all know a fighter can go the distance and look worse than a fighter than got stopped. You are the one moving the goal posts lol.

The official scores are obviously a joke giving those early rounds to Floyd when he literally didnt do anything and Conor was landing a lot.

Conor had some limited success early timing Floyd when he was overextending on his straight right leads by meeting him with rear counter left uppercuts and keeping him at bay with his jab. Floyd felt him out early and didn't respect his power especially after the early rounds when he was coming on strong as Conor was fading. To me it looked like Floyd did carry him a bit but I'll have to rewatch it. It was a very unusual performance from Floyd either way.

You are describing a genuine strategy and then you conclude he carried him? So which is it? Even when Floyd starting walking forward, Conor was the one landing the most punches and winning rounds.

You are describing a genuine strategy and then you conclude he carried him? So which is it? Even when Floyd starting walking forward, Conor was the one landing the most punches and winning rounds.
It looked to me like he carried him more than he had to in the early rounds. Rewatch the fight and you'll see that Floyd didn't even start pressing hard and going to the body frequently until round 5. He didn't need to wait for Conor to shoot his load after 4 rounds when Conor was already breathing heavily after 2.

It looked to me like he carried him more than he had to in the early rounds. Rewatch the fight and you'll see that Floyd didn't even start pressing hard and going to the body frequently until round 5. He didn't need to wait for Conor to shoot his load after 4 rounds when Conor was already breathing heavily after 2.

Conor was still threatening in those rounds, and the idea that you can determine from your couch when Conor was ready for the taking is laughable. Treating Conor like some Can when he is a world class striker in any combat sport, is just offensive.

From their respective positions, McG did way better. Canelo a veteran of 40 boxing bouts vs McG, MMA fighter with zero boxing bouts. Canelo shit the bed, McG did his best. No contest.

We all know a fighter can go the distance and look worse than a fighter than got stopped.

Good fucking lord haha
You Conor fans and your 'moral victory' nonsense which has zero factual meaning ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back