Conor

That Conor handles pressure well? He gets walked down and gasses out. He couldn't handle Diaz's pressure and got beat up by Floyd like he was fighting Antonio Margarito.

He's a frontrunner.

Oh, I thought the comment you replied to was about mental pressure i.e. trash talking Aldo for years about how he's going to get starched, then goes in there with the world watching to see if he can back up his words, and succeeds.

excuses excuses. i had him winning 4 rounds. minimum 3. Say what you will but he showed genuine boxing craft in there.
I had it the same (4 rounds for him) but the official judges didn't see it that way as they only agreed on him winning a single round.
Perhaps they just preferred Mayweather's style?<{Heymansnicker}>

I still have no idea how Floyd outmuscled Conor in the clinch ... usually guys with the longer arms are super lol in the clinch.

i heard that Floyd is super strong, but is he really that strong?

Floyd is probably as strong as thai fighters holyfuck.

I'm sure he was to some. Let nothing human be considered sacred.
Having people you don't like is vastly different than being a piece of shit....

Define genuine boxing craft? No one questions his heart in that fight. Craft? Eh, I don't know. An as always careful and slow starting Mayweather clearly coasted those first rounds, then decided Conor had nothing for him and walked him down, basically walking through whatever (a fatigued, granted) Conor threw at him. He looked completely lost at times in there (which is completely normal btw, he's not a boxer).

He 'held his own' for a couple of rounds then gassed in the most terrible way. I will certainly admit he did better than I thought he would, but I also think this whole "look how many rounds he won!" narrative is way overblown. He looked halfway decent at the beginning then stumbled across the ring, getting slapped around by Floyd for most of the fight, until he got finished by a "pillow fisted old man". Let's not pretend a guy like Canelo couldn't put the Conor that showed up that night into a coma, very badly and very early.

He certainly made his money that night, while going out on his shield, so all and all he played this very smart.

Craft as in, timing, movement, guile which allowed him to land more punches than most of Floyds opponents and have a competitive fight until he ran out of gas. You can pretend Floyd was smiling or whatever (he always was going to downplay anything Conor did) but Floyd had never before just given rounds away and not tried even against totally matched out opponents.

Don't pretend Floyd wouldn't have taken him out in 1 round if he thought he could. The pull counter upper cut on Floyd alone was amazing and more impressive than what most of floyds opponents managed. imo he showed more craft than Canelo did, when he just swung at air for 12 rounds. Very one dimensional unlike Conor.

Conor McGregor (111-430, 26%) in 10 rounds landed more punches & at a better percentage than Manny Pacquiao (81-429, 19%) did in 12 #MayMac

In his first pro fight. just let than sink in. this is amazing under any circumstances. Canelo landed 116 at 22% over 12. Marquez , 69 landed at 12% lol. I know punch stats are not the whole story but still come on.

Last edited:
Craft as in, timing, movement, guile which allowed him to land more punches than most of Floyds opponents and have a competitive fight until he ran out of gas. You can pretend Floyd was smiling or whatever (he always was going to downplay it) but Floyd had never before just given rounds away and not tried even against totally matched out opponents.

Don't pretend Floyd wouldn't have taken him out in 1 round if he thought he could. The pull counter upper cut on Floyd alone was amazing and more impressive than what most of floyds opponents managed. imo he showed more craft than Canelo did then he was just swinging at air for 12 rounds. Very one dimensional unlike Conor.
Why dont you compare what Floyd was doing in the two fights you mentioned.
Why dont you compare the speeds of Floyd. Floyd did just the perfect amount, to not make the fight look like a work.
It was a work by the way, on Floyds part and Danas.
@mozfonky agreed, that if you look at the uppercut, Floyd changes his punch mid-air to NOT hit Conor square, and instead punches his arm while Conor lands a uppercut that does absolutely nothing.
That's a work buddy.
Thats a guy going out of his way to not hurt someone.
Watch the punch.

Biggest draw in combat sports of this decade

Any national ammie champ would embarrass Conor

imo he showed more craft than Canelo did, when he just swung at air for 12 rounds. Very one dimensional unlike Conor.
Wow....you legitimately don't understand boxing at all do you...

@mozfonky agreed, that if you look at the uppercut, Floyd changes his punch mid-air to NOT hit Conor square, and instead punches his arm while Conor lands a uppercut that does absolutely nothing.
That's a work buddy.
Thats a guy going out of his way to not hurt someone.
Watch the punch.

lol muppet.

imo he showed more craft than Canelo did, when he just swung at air for 12 rounds. Very one dimensional unlike Conor.

Wait, are you saying Conor is a better boxer than Caneldo and wouldn't get absolutely destroyed if they ever fought? lol

Wait, are you saying Conor is a better boxer than Caneldo and wouldn't get absolutely destroyed if they ever fought? lol

I'm saying he did a better job against Floyd, in terms of boxing.

I'm saying he did a better job against Floyd, in terms of boxing.

The fights aren't remotely compareable though. One was for a legit world title, the other for this retarded 'money belt', in very different stages of Floyds career.
I already conceded Conor did better than I thought he would. So why is is so hard for you to admit the compubox numbers of this fight mean nothing given the circumstances of both fights?

And Conor did not do a better job against Floyd than Canelo did. Cause you seem to forget Conor actually got stopped in this fight, Canelo took Floyd to a decision. How is getting slapped around and being finished better than actually taking your opponent to the scorecards? That's some Bizarroworld shit right there ...

The fights aren't remotely compareable though. One was for a legit world title, the other for this retarded 'money belt', in very different stages of Floyds career.
I already conceded Conor did better than I thought he would. So why is is so hard for you to admit the compubox numbers of this fight mean nothing given the circumstances of both fights?

And Conor did not do a better job against Floyd than Canelo did. Cause you seem to forget Conor actually got stopped in this fight, Canelo took Floyd to a decision. How is getting slapped around and being finished better than actually taking your opponent to the scorecards? That's some Bizarroworld shit right there ...

Yep. 2013 Floyd embarrasses retired Floyd, whose legs are gone. And wrecks McGregor in 4 or 5 rounds that are painful to watch.

On a side note, 2013 Canelo beats up McGregor even worse. Today's Canelo needs 1 round, maybe 2.

Last edited:

Because I am not interested in pure speculation like you are. You are assuming Floyd let Conor land punches and win rounds because he was not trying and it wasn't for a title. Maybe but maybe not also, we will never know for sure. I prefer to stick with 100% facts.

Until he got stopped he boxed better though and thats what we were discussing. A fighter can be dominating a fight and get stopped, that just judging on that is misleading.

Because I am not interested in pure speculation like you are. You are assuming Floyd let Conor land punches and win rounds because he was not trying and it wasn't for a title. Maybe but maybe not also, we will never know for sure. I prefer to stick with 100% facts.

Until he got stopped he boxed better though and thats what we were discussing. A fighter can be dominating a fight and get stopped, that just judging on that is misleading.
Floyd fought nothing like himself in this fight. He literally did nothing like he's been known to do in past, and was just walking McGregor down and not even trying to win the rounds. There's good reason for it too. You are not the first Ive seen bite on the "Conor did an admirable job, and in his debut no less! Most punches landed #respect" narrative, that's the genius here is it's a fucking conjob. Floyd carried boy until he didn't need him anymore, and they mercifully stopped fight before Mayweather could kill him in the ring. Why wouldn't May do it this way? Easy and very lucrative payday, and a rematch fans actually willing to buy because they thought McGregor was winning in first one, lol, maybe Mayweather makes 150 million to take rematch. McGregor will make a fortune again as well.

Conor has that old school mentality of fighting anyone.

In the new world of padded records and duckers that is refreshing.

Craft as in, timing, movement, guile which allowed him to land more punches than most of Floyds opponents and have a competitive fight until he ran out of gas. You can pretend Floyd was smiling or whatever (he always was going to downplay anything Conor did) but Floyd had never before just given rounds away and not tried even against totally matched out opponents.

Don't pretend Floyd wouldn't have taken him out in 1 round if he thought he could. The pull counter upper cut on Floyd alone was amazing and more impressive than what most of floyds opponents managed. imo he showed more craft than Canelo did, when he just swung at air for 12 rounds. Very one dimensional unlike Conor.

In his first pro fight. just let than sink in. this is amazing under any circumstances. Canelo landed 116 at 22% over 12. Marquez , 69 landed at 12% lol. I know punch stats are not the whole story but still come on.

You are wasting your time. Even with statistics nobody in sherdog boxing is going to give Conor any credit for his performance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back