Conor

That Conor handles pressure well? He gets walked down and gasses out. He couldn't handle Diaz's pressure and got beat up by Floyd like he was fighting Antonio Margarito.

He's a frontrunner.

Downhill skier.

There's not a man alive who can take that left hand. Except for those that do.

McGregors bark is worse than his bite.

Hes so bad he won more rounds off Floyd than most of his opponents, and in his 1st pro boxing fight. What a loser!

Hes so bad he won more rounds off Floyd than most of his opponents, and in his 1st pro boxing fight. What a loser!

*retired, 40 yrs old, outsized Floyd
* 1 to 3 rounds out of 9

excuses excuses. i had him winning 4 rounds. minimum 3. Say what you will but he showed genuine boxing craft in there.

excuses excuses. i had him winning 4 rounds. minimum 3. Say what you will but he showed genuine boxing craft in there.

Judges said 1 to 3 rounds, and their cards do matter a lot more. Conor showed some craft. He also showed why retired, 40 yrs old, outsized Floyd took the fight : he's very raw.

Define genuine boxing craft? No one questions his heart in that fight. Craft? Eh, I don't know. An as always careful and slow starting Mayweather clearly coasted those first rounds, then decided Conor had nothing for him and walked him down, basically walking through whatever (a fatigued, granted) Conor threw at him. He looked completely lost at times in there (which is completely normal btw, he's not a boxer).

He 'held his own' for a couple of rounds then gassed in the most terrible way. I will certainly admit he did better than I thought he would, but I also think this whole "look how many rounds he won!" narrative is way overblown. He looked halfway decent at the beginning then stumbled across the ring, getting slapped around by Floyd for most of the fight, until he got finished by a "pillow fisted old man". Let's not pretend a guy like Canelo couldn't put the Conor that showed up that night into a coma, very badly and very early.

He certainly made his money that night, while going out on his shield, so all and all he played this very smart.

Rewatched that fight ... Floyds chin is made of steel. He ate Conors left like a cupcake.

Define genuine boxing craft? No one questions his heart in that fight. Craft? Eh, I don't know. An as always careful and slow starting Mayweather clearly coasted those first rounds, then decided Conor had nothing for him and walked him down, basically walking through whatever (a fatigued, granted) Conor threw at him. He looked completely lost at times in there (which is completely normal btw, he's not a boxer).

He 'held his own' for a couple of rounds then gassed in the most terrible way. I will certainly admit he did better than I thought he would, but I also think this whole "look how many rounds he won!" narrative is way overblown. He looked halfway decent at the beginning then stumbled across the ring, getting slapped around by Floyd for most of the fight, until he got finished by a "pillow fisted old man". Let's not pretend a guy like Canelo couldn't put the Conor that showed up that night into a coma, very badly and very early.

He certainly made his money that night, while going out on his shield, so all and all he played this very smart.

Think it another way. If you were an athlete of a sport and you'd jumped in another one, similar with yours and fought one of his legends
wouldn't you think of it as a win and a big accomplishment for you if you managed to win rounds against that legend and in some instances set up counters and
other cute stuff like that, on that master technician?

Maybe Floyd allowed that to make things interesting maybe not.
The sure thing is that Conor did well for an athlete of another sport.

Think it another way. If you were an athlete of a sport and you'd jumped in another one, similar with yours and fought one of his legends
wouldn't you think of it as a win and a big accomplishment for you if you managed to win rounds against that legend and in some instances set up counters and

A NFL guy was more competitive vs Ali than Conor vs Floyd ... they even went the distance.

lol.

Sure. I'm just saying he didn't perform nearly as impressive for as long as some seem to think in that fight. Some people try to spin to spin this freak show into something that was close to being a competitive bout. It wasn't. After 3 rounds (I should watch it again to be sure) of Floyd doing fuckall but grinning and measuring what Conor had, he then turned up the heat. A Floyd who was inactive for quite a long period, mind you. And the moment that happened, this fight was a foregone conclusion and very, very one sided.

I'm really not ragging on McGregor. He made people crazy enough to buy this and he gave his all. That doesn't mean Floyd didn't clown him for most of the fight. Which isn't surprising since one is a boxer and the other isn't.

That Conor handles pressure well? He gets walked down and gasses out. He couldn't handle Diaz's pressure and got beat up by Floyd like he was fighting Antonio Margarito.

He's a frontrunner.
The way Floyd walked him down was an eye opener

Rewatched that fight ... Floyds chin is made of steel. He ate Conors left like a cupcake.
Floyd is used to getting hit by world champion level boxers at welterweight now

Conor hits like a 126 pounder in boxing

Ali was a piece of shit. there's very little magic in the world, except for the Packers today, ya know, root for shit that hasn't happened, five dogs go in an alley, the one who comes to your house limps back out a few days later. Life! Cheers.
Reported for fighter bashing

Sure. I'm just saying he didn't perform nearly as impressive for as long as some seem to think in that fight. Some people try to spin to spin this freak show into something that was close to being a competitive bout. It wasn't. After 3 rounds (I should watch it again to be sure) of Floyd doing fuckall but grinning and measuring what Conor had, he then turned up the heat. A Floyd who was inactive for quite a long period, mind you. And the moment that happened, this fight was a foregone conclusion and very, very one sided.

I'm really not ragging on McGregor. He made people crazy enough to buy this and he gave his all. That doesn't mean Floyd didn't clown him for most of the fight. Which isn't surprising since one is a boxer and the other isn't.

Rewatch it. Mcgregors a horrible person who clearly cant handle fame, take a loss in whichever field like a man. But the Mayweather match he showed boxing skill. Floyd's basically walking him down since round 3. In 8 he's gassed as hell, starts eating big shots and floyd try's to take him out with every punch. He's still slipping them walking backward and countering. McGregor can box

Round 9; he opens with a quick jab cross, hook which lands, throws a rear hook, floyd covers high guard and gets sucked with a thudding bodyshot. This guy can box.

Back