Conor was walking around 177 lbs last time, how big will he be this time?

This is an awful comparison.

Johny Hendricks is barely 5'9" and knocking on deaths door making 171, he doesn't look anything remotely like the beach muscle bro you posted. He walks into the Octagon rehydrated and with a full belly well over 180lbs and doesn't look like the squirrely photos you posted.

I've wrestled plenty of guys over the years where it is absolutely inexplicable someone their size made weight, and then the exact opposite - a guy who doesn't look big, but is ferociously strong when you lock up.

If you work backwards, we can tell when Conor makes 145lbs he is bone dry - as dry as you can possibly get - so its safe to assume he is fed and hydrated in the Octagon at 165lbs. It is not unreasonable to assume he's put on 5-10lbs.

I have told myself, I'm going to stop debating with ignorant casuals.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what weight he's at now? Or what weight he will be 24 hours out from the the fight? or what his and Diaz's re-hydration weight is come fight night?

This is what we know: Conor was prepared for a 155 fight when he was facing RDS, then two weeks out the Diaz fight was trying to be arranged due to RDS's injury, UFC wouldn't give Diaz the extra coin he wanted for cutting to 155 on short notice, so Conor said, " fuck it, weight doesn't matter, let's do it at 170."

He loses to a tough Diaz who was straight off a holiday 11 days before. We all know why this fight is at 170 again. Conor wants a clean reset - beat Diaz at the same weight they fought at the first time, with a full training camp, so there's the FULL reset on his loss. It's an ego thing. Logically, we should be seeing this fight at 155 seeing as Diaz usually fights there, can make the weight (most of the time), and is only one weight class higher than what Conor holds the belt at and has fought previously in the UFC.

I genuinely don't believe Conor is looking to push the fight at WW again just to use the 'well it's 2 weight classes higher than I usually fight' excuse if he loses again (because he used it the first time). Knowing the Conor we see in interviews, he's convinced he's beating Diaz, at the same weight, under the same circumstances, thus cancelling out his loss.

The guy doesn't like to lose and will do anything possible to eradicate any doubt about having an advantage in the rematch. Other specifics don't matter. Yes, Diaz is better suited to WW than Conor, has fought there for stints in his career with noderate success, and no matter how much 'functional' size Conor puts on, he's at a disadvantage wanting to fight Diaz at 17 again.

But he's got an ego and a blemish he wants to wipe out, and he's fucking determined to do it. Even if it's at the expense of his overall legacy. Who gives a shit what either weight right now. It doesn't matter.

And why are you quoting me? Everything I posted is true about the guy.

but.... body building photos

:D

I think its hilarious his fanboys can't accept that he walks around 180-85 between fights, as camp draws near he diets to a more manageable 175-77, then he really starts tapering down to make the cut easier on himself.

Lockheart has said on record, he asks all his clients to start dieting, watch what they eat, and lose some weight before he gets involved.

Owen Roddy knows Conor's body better than almost anyone else on the planet whose name doesn't rhyme with Bee Bevlin. The 16-year veteran of John Kavanagh's SBG team and Conor's striking coach Roddy said not long before the first fight with Nate:

"Conor would love to [fight Robbie Lawler]. Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'." --- LINK

So what say ye Sherdog, do you expect Conorbless to be bigger, smaller or the same for the rematch?

(For the record, Gil Melendez told MMA Junkie Radio a couple of days before the fight Nate would be cutting from 178.)

I know you don't want to believe it, but he walks around 180-85.

doesn't happen. Conor just said he's under weight. He's around 165 a week before the fight. I know you don't want to believe it but he's a little guy.

doesn't happen. Conor just said he's under weight. He's around 165 a week before the fight. I know you don't want to believe it but he's a little guy.

You need to read carefully what I posted.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what weight he's at now? Or what weight he will be 24 hours out from the the fight? or what his and Diaz's re-hydration weight is come fight night?

This is what we know: Conor was prepared for a 155 fight when he was facing RDS, then two weeks out the Diaz fight was trying to be arranged due to RDS's injury, UFC wouldn't give Diaz the extra coin he wanted for cutting to 155 on short notice, so Conor said, " fuck it, weight doesn't matter, let's do it at 170."

He loses to a tough Diaz who was straight off a holiday 11 days before. We all know why this fight is at 170 again. Conor wants a clean reset - beat Diaz at the same weight they fought at the first time, with a full training camp, so there's the FULL reset on his loss. It's an ego thing. Logically, we should be seeing this fight at 155 seeing as Diaz usually fights there, can make the weight (most of the time), and is only one weight class higher than what Conor holds the belt at and has fought previously in the UFC.

I genuinely don't believe Conor is looking to push the fight at WW again just to use the 'well it's 2 weight classes higher than I usually fight' excuse if he loses again (because he used it the first time). Knowing the Conor we see in interviews, he's convinced he's beating Diaz, at the same weight, under the same circumstances, thus cancelling out his loss.

The guy doesn't like to lose and will do anything possible to eradicate any doubt about having an advantage in the rematch. Other specifics don't matter. Yes, Diaz is better suited to WW than Conor, has fought there for stints in his career with noderate success, and no matter how much 'functional' size Conor puts on, he's at a disadvantage wanting to fight Diaz at 17 again.

But he's got an ego and a blemish he wants to wipe out, and he's fucking determined to do it. Even if it's at the expense of his overall legacy. Who gives a shit what either weight right now. It doesn't matter.

Stopped reading at "FULL reset on his loss"

Nothing will erase or reset the fact that Conor got bitch slapped, forced to shoot for a TD and got choked the fuck out.

For all the talk of coming in trimmer, he looks nearly the same to me based on the 30 min open workout vid I saw earlier today. Same gorilla arms, trunk thickness and face.

He is not close to his fight night weight at 145, which according to Ruebusch etc. was 165-170.

So that would mean he added on nine pounds after weigh ins...?

This. TS is on that Blue Cookie high.

tumblr_mchhl8Iq6N1qaldqoo1_500.gif

This. TS is on that Blue Cookie high.

TS just posting quotes from Conor and Nate's own teams baby.

Cute that you're so rustled by the truth you'd impotently attempt to shoot the messenger though.

It's really hard to gauge someone's weight using the eyes. Given Conor's alleged height of 5' 9" and his build, I'd guess he's somewhere in the 170-175 lb range when hydrated with no additional lean body mass added. But I could be completely wrong as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back