Conor was walking around 177 lbs last time, how big will he be this time?

When you're used to cutting 23-25 lbs, 9 lbs is nothing.

For those accustomed to large weight cuts the first 13-15 fall off almost by accident. It's the 20th, 21st, 22nd that'll kill ya.

This is the correct answer.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what weight he's at now? Or what weight he will be 24 hours out from the the fight? or what his and Diaz's re-hydration weight is come fight night?

This is what we know: Conor was prepared for a 155 fight when he was facing RDS, then two weeks out the Diaz fight was trying to be arranged due to RDS's injury, UFC wouldn't give Diaz the extra coin he wanted for cutting to 155 on short notice, so Conor said, " fuck it, weight doesn't matter, let's do it at 170."

He loses to a tough Diaz who was straight off a holiday 11 days before. We all know why this fight is at 170 again. Conor wants a clean reset - beat Diaz at the same weight they fought at the first time, with a full training camp, so there's the FULL reset on his loss. It's an ego thing. Logically, we should be seeing this fight at 155 seeing as Diaz usually fights there, can make the weight (most of the time), and is only one weight class higher than what Conor holds the belt at and has fought previously in the UFC.

I genuinely don't believe Conor is looking to push the fight at WW again just to use the 'well it's 2 weight classes higher than I usually fight' excuse if he loses again (because he used it the first time). Knowing the Conor we see in interviews, he's convinced he's beating Diaz, at the same weight, under the same circumstances, thus cancelling out his loss.

The guy doesn't like to lose and will do anything possible to eradicate any doubt about having an advantage in the rematch. Other specifics don't matter. Yes, Diaz is better suited to WW than Conor, has fought there for stints in his career with noderate success, and no matter how much 'functional' size Conor puts on, he's at a disadvantage wanting to fight Diaz at 17 again.

But he's got an ego and a blemish he wants to wipe out, and he's fucking determined to do it. Even if it's at the expense of his overall legacy. Who gives a shit what either weight right now. It doesn't matter.

IMO.

The only reason this fight's at Welterweight is to utilize the media and fool the casuals. Most people who watch the sport consistently know that both fighters are natural lightweights. It's only to save face if Conor loses again and one day needs to fight at 155lbs, because on Paper 2 loses at Welterweight looks a hell of a lot better than losing to a fringe top 10 LW..

You could be right and it could be a ego thing too.

If you watch 196 weigh-ins after the staredown he immediately gets a bottle and starts drinking and keeps it with him. I'm not saying he did cut for sure, but certainly I noticed that.

Cutting the first pounds isn't that hard and when you stop you still dehydrate a little bit (say one exits the sauna at 170 they will still lose a bit of weight). It's the final part of the process that may get brutal and you start to look drained.
No if u watch the weigh ins he's happy smiling and rubbing his belly

Conor will weigh 164 this time around maybe 165.... He's a tiny man

Where do u guys come up with this ??? 180 lbs lol

Do u guys know what 180 lbs 5 foot 9 man looks like with 8 percent body fat ?? Are u guys crazy like really ... Conor is no where near that

Last edited:
View attachment 130559View attachment 130561 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145353301

This guy is 5 9 180 ... I know most u kids on here are probably not into body building working out or anything like that but do a little research and educate yourself..
Like I said before Connor is a tiny man

He was on a full stomach weighing 167
What's that got to do with anything?

No one is saying Conor is a legit 170 sized fighter. He makes 145 regularly ffs. Diaz makes 155 comfortably if he's not drinking in Mexico 11 days out from a fight.

Posting pics of a BB within the weight range of an MMA fighter is like posting a vid of a BB hitting the pads and looking like some sort of girly robot...two different sports. Different physiques, different goals and way different relevance between the two.

No one is under the assumption than Conor is a legit WW as far as size goes. Nate isn't either, but he's still closer to it than Conor. The only reason the rematch isn't at 155 is because Conor wants to blank-out his loss to Diaz with 100% of the boxes ticked.

1. Walking around weight does not equal end of camp weight.
2. Gil Melendez told them that Nate was 183 a day before weigh ins.
3. Conor didn't cut weight. He was 168 on weigh in day.

What's that got to do with anything?

No one is saying Conor is a legit 170 sized fighter. He makes 145 regularly ffs. Diaz makes 155 comfortably if he's not drinking in Mexico 11 days out from a fight.

Posting pics of a BB within the weight range of an MMA fighter is like posting a vid of a BB hitting the pads and looking like some sort of girly robot...two different sports. Different physiques, different goals and way different relevance between the two.

No one is under the assumption than Conor is a legit WW as far as size goes. Nate isn't either, but he's still closer to it than Conor. The only reason the rematch isn't at 155 is because Conor wants to blank-out his loss to Diaz with 100% of the boxes ticked.
What are you writing ?

Really read what youre writing

Was this thread not talking about weight ?
Did I not show another human the same height as Conor to show he weighs no where near 180

I said Conor weighs 164 this fight and posted proof on why I would think that ..
It doesn't matter what sport the person is in ... 5 9 180 is a big person at 8 percent fat ...
And who's talking welterweight ? I talking what he weighs I don't give a fuck what he should cut or where he should fight.

If u do research rather than listening to guys In their camps you can come up with your own educated guess as to what someone weighs by their height and their body fat.

Nate on the other hand looks clearly to be 15 pounds heavier than Conor so if u say Nate weighed 180 in their last fight i would agree

But for people to say Conor weighs 180 their crazy.

Conor is super lean and slim I bet he's never tipped the scale past 170 unless it was late at night and he was wearing clothes

Last edited:
Owen Roddy knows Conor's body better than almost anyone else on the planet whose name doesn't rhyme with Bee Bevlin. The 16-year veteran of John Kavanagh's SBG team and Conor's striking coach Roddy said not long before the first fight with Nate:

"Conor would love to [fight Robbie Lawler]. Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'." --- LINK

So what say ye Sherdog, do you expect Conorbless to be bigger, smaller or the same for the rematch?

(For the record, Gil Melendez told MMA Junkie Radio a couple of days before the fight Nate would be cutting from 178.)

For the record Conor was underweight days before the weigh ins and didn't have to cut at all. His coach is referring to what he walks around at outside of a fight camp. Conor had been readying himself for cutting to 155. You are still trying to make out Nate did not have a size advantage in the fight which he most certainly did and as anyone with two eyes could see.

Ido knows Conor's body better than anything. Artem, too.

Conor has no business being a blown up welterweight. He isn't a natural WW and has no chance against the elite WWs. He'd get ragdolled.
Agreed.

Many mahalos for being the only person here with common sense and the ability to speak simple truth! People are also missing a key point in what the TS posted.. The quote he wrote even has the coach saying a cut to 77 is a bit for Conor! Implying he is heavier then 177lbs when out of camp, walking around. But during camp, he walks around at 177, which is not unheard of in camp for Fw and def not rare for Lw. As an example.. Andre Fili is not a bulky 145er and was going to fight Max Griffin for the WW belt in the WFC, when he got the call to fight in the UFC (he was also the 145 WFC Champ at the time too).

George Lockheart has said on record that he likes his clients to start dieting and keep their weight lower before the weight cut, as it healthier and makes the cut easier and less taxing on the body. No question he started cutting from 180's to 175-77 during camp

View attachment 130559View attachment 130561 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145353301

This guy is 5 9 180 ... I know most u kids on here are probably not into body building working out or anything like that but do a little research and educate yourself..

This is an awful comparison.

Johny Hendricks is barely 5'9" and knocking on deaths door making 171, he doesn't look anything remotely like the beach muscle bro you posted. He walks into the Octagon rehydrated and with a full belly well over 180lbs and doesn't look like the squirrely photos you posted.

I've wrestled plenty of guys over the years where it is absolutely inexplicable someone their size made weight, and then the exact opposite - a guy who doesn't look big, but is ferociously strong when you lock up.

If you work backwards, we can tell when Conor makes 145lbs he is bone dry - as dry as you can possibly get - so its safe to assume he is fed and hydrated in the Octagon at 165lbs. It is not unreasonable to assume he's put on 5-10lbs.

Lol, Conor was prob close to mid 170's before he cut. I'm 5'9" 160lbs with a 29inch waist. Conor has more than 7 lbs on me after he bulked up to fight at LW.

Ido knows Conor's body better than anything. Artem, too.
Conor will weigh 164 this time around maybe 165.... He's a tiny man

Where do u guys come up with this ??? 180 lbs lol

Do u guys know what 180 lbs 5 foot 9 man looks like with 8 percent body fat ?? Are u guys crazy like really ... Conor is no where near that

I know you don't want to believe it, but he walks around 180-85.

Back