Conor wants to fight soon because Khabib hint at retirement forced his hand?

Tony’s age and chin are the big questions after the Gaethje fight. I would have favored him before, now I’m not as certain he still wins.

Tony’s age and chin are the big questions after the Gaethje fight. I would have favored him before, now I’m not as certain he still wins.
If your talking about his age for his brain recovery, sure I can see that being an issue.

If you're just talking about age in general to his ability to compete, I disagree with you. I just think that age argument is bullshit. No disrespect. The guy wasn't old until the min Herb Dean waved the fight. During the build up he was tony, during the fight, he was tony, after the fight he was old.

Khabib said this, if I beat tony, they're going to say he was too old. Except gaethje did it and Now, tony is old.

I'd like to see a few fights before I say he's too old to compete in the division.

Dana agrees to stuff all the time in public than renegs on it. He's a promoter. It may not even be that he's lying. It could be the situation just hasn't presented itself yet. He's always let it known that he perfers the conor-khabib rematch because "it'll be big for the sport" so I have to imagine he's going to campaign hard for that. Do me a solid khabib, you do the rematch then I'll let you have gsp. I'll sign him.

The leverage is he could just retire at 29-0 but I think he was gsp on his resume because of his father.

I don't think dana white cares too much about conor tbh. I think conor is going to be okay if he loses to khabib twice. the ufc would just say he lost to a goat, there's no shame in that. If conor wants to continue after that and actually win, people will move on I think. But I think realistically, conor has limited fights left. He's getting older, the UFC knows he's getting older. They want to get the most out of him that they possibliy can because he's completely gone from the sport. I think they know if conor wins, he will not defend. Conor isn't about legacy, he's about branding.

again, this is just all my opinion. Not saying i'm right. You could be right. Just speculating myself at this point.

hehehe same here! We are both speculating, so no worries.

but you brought a good point I never even considered... that Conor would not defend the belt..
That is true (so far), and it puts on a fucking situation where 3 guys fighting for the belt will not defend it.
Khabib (since he is retiring)
GSP (he already said he would not stay and defend
Conor (never defended any belt he got).

...that's a very sad prognostic over a division that is literally on fire.

Back