Conor wants to fight soon because Khabib hint at retirement forced his hand?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Conspiracy theory time. This is all predicated on if Khabib beats gaethje obviously

Some bullet points from the video
  • Khabib and his team hints at retirement at 30-0
  • Conor's "I accept" tweet was hinted at accepting a fight against a ranked opponent after finding out about khabib's hinted retirement.
  • UFC wants to make conor vs Khabib rematch because its the biggest fight to make
  • Conor's ranking suggests he's going to fight soon and they're using his ranking as a promotional tool
  • If Conor beats a top opponent in the rankings, ferguson or poirier, the UFC can pressure khabib's hand to fight the number 1 contender with the promise of GSP for his last fight at 31-0
  • Thinks Conor prefers Tony over poirier because Conor doesn't want to face someone he's beaten
  • Thinks Khabib will accept a GSP fight for his 31st bout. Even willing to come out of retirement for it because its what his father wanted. Thinks GSP will accept because of the challenge of beating the undefeated fighter

I don't buy it but it's an interesting conspiracy by TheWeasle

Last edited:
5pif.gif

Conor vs Masvidal for BMF belt,that only matters

No way. Khabib retiring is great for Conor because Conor’s team will spin it into a whole “Khabib ran away from the rematch” thing.
I think really wants to get the khabib fight or at least pretend to the public he does. He was all over Joe Rogans IG when Joe called Khabib the LW goat. Now gsp is hinted for his last fight and he's making himself in the news again. He wants to jump the line and fight soon or try to make it look like he did everything in his power to get that rematch.

While it’s a fairytale theory, one thing I’ve learned about the UFC is it never goes quite how you want/expect it to.

Conor has become to rich and pampered to ever be a fully active fighter again. Everything from now on will be gimmick money fights.

Conor has become to rich and pampered to ever be a fully active fighter again. Everything from now on will be gimmick money fights.
tony vs conor sells but I think conor is scared of tony. Never brings him up as a potential fight. I think that cardio will be the reason he wins. I don't think he hits harder than gaethje and can withstand conors hits

Conor only has 2 rounds to knock someone out.

Even if that's Conor's motivation, it wouldn't qualify as a conspiracy theory.

Back