Conor wants to fight soon because Khabib hint at retirement forced his hand?

I don't. Mcgregor doesn't seem to think so either.about floyd mayweahter That was just throwing punches and he gassed out. Now you had clinches, takedown attempts, tony pushing the pace and so forth.
That's why I think he will start off strong like he did against floyd, like he did against nate. I don't think he'll be as patient like diaz 2.
Lol you act like there are no clinches in boxing. Plus in boxing you cant use the clinch to rest. Floyd was putting constant pressure on Conor, did you even watch the fight?
Yes mma can be more grueling but when has Tony been an active takedown or clinch fighter? Hes good in the clinch but he doesnt use is to sap a guys cardio like Nate or Khabib. Hes more of a pressure kickboxer.

No way. Khabib retiring is great for Conor because Conor’s team will spin it into a whole “Khabib ran away from the rematch” thing.
except the only people that believe the whole "running scared from the rematch" shit is die hard contards. No one else buys that shit. He dominated him and finished him. about as definitive as it gets.

I don't. Mcgregor doesn't seem to think so either.about floyd mayweahter That was just throwing punches and he gassed out. Now you had clinches, takedown attempts, tony pushing the pace and so forth.
That's why I think he will start off strong like he did against floyd, like he did against nate. I don't think he'll be as patient like diaz 2.

He's not a scrub. He's just not beating tony. I think he can beat poirier again. I think he can knock out dustin sooner than he could knock out tony or even win by decision against tony. Tony was neutralized by power and leg kicks. His shins were bleeding. He says he doesn't want to take damage like that anymore, so maybe he'll incorporate more of his grappling and if he does do that, conor is going to gas easily. Until I see tony flushed out on the canvas by conor mcgregor or ton's next fight(if its not against mcgregor), I will give that advantage to tony

You make a great argument mate, I am just going off personal feeling

I just think conor has enough precision and power to keep Tony down, especially while others have dropped and hurt him

I do not think Tony's age or history of punishment helps him much either

I do concede if the fight goes beyond 3 rounds, then it heavily plays in tony favour

I would definitely love this match and the winner would no doubt be next for ts

Conor had no respect for nate first time and underestimated the ability nate would have to take shots at 170
Conor spin propaganda dude. He's only been the distance once in the second diaz fight. Almost lost that one too, it was a decision.

other than that, he has not gone the full distance.That's what he tells people. Diaz doesn't have the pace tony has. He's going to walk conor down when conor is tired, he's going to be on his bike. Conor knows this. I'm so damn confident if I was a betting man, I would bet.

Tony can't beat gaethje, khabib, and dustin imo. He can beat the rest. Including conor.

I would hope I am wrong lol

But I just fancy the tko for conor, especially with Tony's age and his last beating

Av bet if it happens?? Lol

The one thing that makes me shake my head when I watch tony is he never uses his grappling unless the other guy initiates it, if he's that great grappler everyone talks about then why does he never uses it. He seems too in love with his hands and he paid for it in damages and ultimately his last loss.

except the only people that believe the whole "running scared from the rematch" shit is die hard contards. No one else buys that shit. He dominated him and finished him. about as definitive as it gets.
exactly. Its ok for conor to deny dustin a rematch because conor tko'd him

but conor fans think its not ok for khabib to deny conor a rematch because conor tapped

cognitive dissonance. Tapping his worse than a flash knockout imo. You can say you were caught by a lucky punch

Conor spin propaganda dude. He's only been the distance once in the second diaz fight. Almost lost that one too, it was a decision.

other than that, he has not gone the full distance.That's what he tells people. Diaz doesn't have the pace tony has. He's going to walk conor down when conor is tired, he's going to be on his bike. Conor knows this. I'm so damn confident if I was a betting man, I would bet.

Tony can't beat gaethje, khabib, and dustin imo. He can beat the rest. Including conor.

Don't know man

Conor was putting a pace on mendes and didn't look too winded

His cardio held up as good as many guys vs khabib

I think the extra weight hurt him v diaz

I think conor beats Tony, but I hope we get to find out

I think Conor underestimated Nate and Khabib. He said that he underestimated Khabib's hands.

I think really wants to get the khabib fight or at least pretend to the public he does. He was all over Joe Rogans IG when Joe called Khabib the LW goat. Now gsp is hinted for his last fight and he's making himself in the news again. He wants to jump the line and fight soon or try to make it look like he did everything in his power to get that rematch.

When has he not put himself in the news?

exactly. Its ok for conor to deny dustin a rematch because conor tko'd him

but conor fans think its not ok for khabib to deny conor a rematch because conor tapped

cognitive dissonance. Tapping his worse than a flash knockout imo. You can say you were caught by a lucky punch
Yup, at this point the glory of 2015/2016 is all he has. since then he got TKO'd by 40 year old Floyd, tapped by Khabib. still clinging to victories over Dustin and Max from 6 and 7 years ago.

Conor kos Khabib. Conor didn't look himself against Khabib because the money got into his head

Lol you act like there are no clinches in boxing. Plus in boxing you cant use the clinch to rest. Floyd was putting constant pressure on Conor, did you even watch the fight?
Yes mma can be more grueling but when has Tony been an active takedown or clinch fighter? Hes good in the clinch but he doesnt use is to sap a guys cardio like Nate or Khabib. Hes more of a pressure kickboxer.
You're making my point. I know there's clinching in boxing,. But if he tries to do that with tony, tony has the better grip strength. You saw how he had to cheat to hold Khabibs gloves. Tony is going to have the grip strength and land elbows, especially if its against the cage. even if isn't good enough to do that, I think he will still zap his energy by breaking away from his grip.

He didn't pressure him throughout the whole fight. He let conor worked the first 3 or 4 rounds. He called conor a front runner, knew he wouldn't last on the backend.

I think Conor underestimated Nate and Khabib. He said that he underestimated Khabib's hands.
He did. But I don't think it would have mattered. Khabib still would have whipped his ass. Several fighters have talked about khabib having underrated and awkward standup. him mixing it up with the takedown is what makes it unstoppable. He doesn't fight like a normal boxer even in the standup. Its just conor excuses.

He did underestimate nate but even then so, he barely won against nate the second time.

b8fe6dd5-mcgregor-diaz-scorecard.jpg

Don't know man

Conor was putting a pace on mendes and didn't look too winded

His cardio held up as good as many guys vs khabib

I think the extra weight hurt him v diaz

I think conor beats Tony, but I hope we get to find out
haha, that was inside 2 rounds. Conor would have been gassed the third round. They were both slowing down, it just so happens chad slowed down faster.

I'm sorry. you might be right but I just don't see it. Conor cannot go 5 and whip tony in my eyes

He did. But I don't think it would have mattered. Khabib still would have whipped his ass. Several fighters have talked about khabib having underrated and awkward standup. him mixing it up with the takedown is what makes it unstoppable. He doesn't fight like a normal boxer even in the standup. Its just conor excuses.

He did underestimate nate but even then so, he barely won against nate the second time.

b8fe6dd5-mcgregor-diaz-scorecard.jpg

I agree, I am saying that every time Conor lost it's because he underestimated them and basically thought he would be better than anyone else. Lazyness and too much ego on Conor's part. Khabib on the other hand did his homework and played it to almost perfection.

You're making my point. I know there's clinching in boxing,. But if he tries to do that with tony, tony has the better grip strength. You saw how he had to cheat to hold Khabibs gloves. Tony is going to have the grip strength and land elbows, especially if its against the cage. even if isn't good enough to do that, I think he will still zap his energy by breaking away from his grip.

He didn't pressure him throughout the whole fight. He let conor worked the first 3 or 4 rounds. He called conor a front runner, knew he wouldn't last on the backend.
He actually did press him the whole fight, go back and watch. He just didnt throw much, letting conor work. Again when has Tony's gameplan been to just clinch.

You can say he has the better grip strength but clinch isnt a big part of eithers game. Not to mention Conor might even be a better clinch fighter. He fucked Nate and Cowboy up in the clinch. I dont know that forsure and Tony does have nice elbows, but Conor is a very good clinch fighter.

Again stylistically I think this fight takes place in open space, with Conor countering him at will.

I agree, I am saying that every time Conor lost it's because he underestimated them and basically thought he would be better than anyone else. Lazyness and too much ego on Conor's part. Khabib on the other hand did his homework and played it to almost perfection.
oh ok. I see what you're saying now.

What I was saying even if he didn't underestimate then and he did all his homework, he will still lose to tony or khabib. Because they're the better fighters imo. He could do all the hw on tony, he's going to lose. Tony is going to take his shots easier than he did gaethje and he's going to outwork and gas him and make him tap. Hw can't save this guy. It barely saved him against nate the second time!<Lmaoo>

He actually did press him the whole fight, go back and watch. He just didnt throw much, letting conor work. Again when has Tony's gameplan been to just clinch.

You can say he has the better grip strength but clinch isnt a big part of eithers game. Not to mention Conor might even be a better clinch fighter. He fucked Nate and Cowboy up in the clinch. I dont know that forsure and Tony does have nice elbows, but Conor is a very good clinch fighter.

Again stylistically I think this fight takes place in open space, with Conor countering him at will.
You're right. He did do that.

We'll see man. I hope conor accepts and they do it.

Timestamped

Tony will light him up here, imo.

Back