Conor wants to fight soon because Khabib hint at retirement forced his hand?

Not long enough, if ya ask me.

If Khabib is hinting retirement, isn't that all the more reason for Conor to stay out of the game? Let Khabib fight without contract negotiations to slow things down, so you can get a new lightweight champion sooner that Conor can actually beat?
I think Conor wants to show he can beat him. At least that's what he says. He wanted to fight nate right away after being beat. He wants a chance to right a wrong.

I don't know if its for a fact he wants to fight him or he's just flexing on socialmedia but he's definitely bothered by the attention khabib gets over him. Drives him mad. I think he wants people to talk aobut him in that light, so a part of me believes he does want to fight him but wants to take the easiest path back. If he loses to khabib, oh well. Khabib beat him soundly the first time. He's the goat of the divison. No loss losing twice. If he loses to someone like tony or someone in line, he goes down a notch. That's how I look at it.

Conspiracy theory time. This is all predicated on if Khabib beats gaethje obviously

Some bullet points from the video
  • Khabib and his team hints at retirement at 30-0
  • Conor's "I accept" tweet was hinted at accepting a fight against a ranked opponent after finding out about khabib's hinted retirement.
  • UFC wants to make conor vs Khabib rematch because its the biggest fight to make
  • Conor's ranking suggests he's going to fight soon and they're using his ranking as a promotional tool
  • If Conor beats a top opponent in the rankings, ferguson or poirier, the UFC can pressure khabib's hand to fight the number 1 contender with the promise of GSP for his last fight at 31-0
  • Thinks Conor prefers Tony over poirier because Conor doesn't want to face someone he's beaten
  • Thinks Khabib will accept a GSP fight for his 31st bout. Even willing to come out of retirement for it because its what his father wanted. Thinks GSP will accept because of the challenge of beating the undefeated fighter

I don't buy it but it's an interesting conspiracy by TheWeasle

conor just being a sociel media diva like he always is.

Idk but Conor knows he can't beat the elite in the division because each of them will break his will to compete. Khabib being gone takes some pressure off his mental I'm sure.

Conspiracy theory time. This is all predicated on if Khabib beats gaethje obviously

Some bullet points from the video
  • Khabib and his team hints at retirement at 30-0
  • Conor's "I accept" tweet was hinted at accepting a fight against a ranked opponent after finding out about khabib's hinted retirement.
  • UFC wants to make conor vs Khabib rematch because its the biggest fight to make
  • Conor's ranking suggests he's going to fight soon and they're using his ranking as a promotional tool
  • If Conor beats a top opponent in the rankings, ferguson or poirier, the UFC can pressure khabib's hand to fight the number 1 contender with the promise of GSP for his last fight at 31-0
  • Thinks Conor prefers Tony over poirier because Conor doesn't want to face someone he's beaten
  • Thinks Khabib will accept a GSP fight for his 31st bout. Even willing to come out of retirement for it because its what his father wanted. Thinks GSP will accept because of the challenge of beating the undefeated fighter

I don't buy it but it's an interesting conspiracy by TheWeasle

IMHO if Khabib's plan is to fight Justin then GSP and retire, there's nothing UFC can do to prevent that.

Besides, it is time people realise Conor does not want to fight soon. He always taunt about fights but NEVER signs the paper unless it is the best possible match for him.

And as Dana hinted multiple times, Conor will wait for Khabib & Justin.
If Justin wins, Conor will fight him.

If Khabib wins, then he will fight GSP and Conor will fight someone for the vacant LW belt.

That makes perfect sense.

Conor 2.0 would KTFO Khabib in the very first exhange 100 out of 100 fights.

Isn't Conor 2.0 retired? So would you be referring to Conor 3.0? Anyone who thinks he would KO Khabib 100% of the time needs to remove Conor's sack from his mouth before he speaks. Could Conor KO Khabib, sure anything is possible, but based on the first fight Conor loses again by second wave destruction.

IMHO if Khabib's plan is to fight Justin then GSP and retire, there's nothing UFC can do to prevent that.

Besides, it is time people realise Conor does not want to fight soon. He always taunt about fights but NEVER signs the paper unless it is the best possible match for him.

And as Dana hinted multiple times, Conor will wait for Khabib & Justin.
If Justin wins, Conor will fight him.

If Khabib wins, then he will fight GSP and Conor will fight someone for the vacant LW belt.

That makes perfect sense.
Yes they can. They can refuse to sign GSP. Just like they did the first time. Khabib can retire but he doesn't really have the leverage imo. Maybe he does, Idfk. Who really knows for sure but it would be a dick thing to do. to deny him gsp if gsp was down to fight. I think conor is more interested at righting the loss for the belt than finding another dude for the belt.

Yes they can. They can refuse to sign GSP. Just like they did the first time. Khabib can retire but he doesn't really have the leverage imo. Maybe he does, Idfk. Who really knows for sure but it would be a dick thing to do. to deny him gsp if gsp was down to fight. I think conor is more interested at righting the loss for the belt than finding another dude for the belt.
Well, Dana already agreed to let Khabib fight GSP.
I don't think he'd back out of it, and the main reason is simple: Money.

GSP & Khabib will be a huge money fight.

Then Dana can push Conor for the belt or even Conor & GSP.

But if they force a second Khabib & Conor, they would kill one fight. After all, there would be no point in making GSP & Khabib if COnor beats Khabib.
On the same token, if Khabib beats Conor a second time, not only Conor's aspirations for the belt will be gone, but you kill GSP & Conor as well.

Well, Dana already agreed to let Khabib fight GSP.
I don't think he'd back out of it, and the main reason is simple: Money.

GSP & Khabib will be a huge money fight.

Then Dana can push Conor for the belt or even Conor & GSP.

But if they force a second Khabib & Conor, they would kill one fight. After all, there would be no point in making GSP & Khabib if COnor beats Khabib.
On the same token, if Khabib beats Conor a second time, not only Conor's aspirations for the belt will be gone, but you kill GSP & Conor as well.
Dana agrees to stuff all the time in public than renegs on it. He's a promoter. It may not even be that he's lying. It could be the situation just hasn't presented itself yet. He's always let it known that he perfers the conor-khabib rematch because "it'll be big for the sport" so I have to imagine he's going to campaign hard for that. Do me a solid khabib, you do the rematch then I'll let you have gsp. I'll sign him.

The leverage is he could just retire at 29-0 but I think he was gsp on his resume because of his father.

I don't think dana white cares too much about conor tbh. I think conor is going to be okay if he loses to khabib twice. the ufc would just say he lost to a goat, there's no shame in that. If conor wants to continue after that and actually win, people will move on I think. But I think realistically, conor has limited fights left. He's getting older, the UFC knows he's getting older. They want to get the most out of him that they possibliy can because he's completely gone from the sport. I think they know if conor wins, he will not defend. Conor isn't about legacy, he's about branding.

again, this is just all my opinion. Not saying i'm right. You could be right. Just speculating myself at this point.

Dana agrees to stuff all the time in public than renegs on it. He's a promoter. It may not even be that he's lying. It could be the situation just hasn't presented itself yet. He's always let it known that he perfers the conor-khabib rematch because "it'll be big for the sport" so I have to imagine he's going to campaign hard for that. Do me a solid khabib, you do the rematch then I'll let you have gsp. I'll sign him.

The leverage is he could just retire at 29-0 but I think he was gsp on his resume because of his father.

I don't think dana white cares too much about conor tbh. I think conor is going to be okay if he loses to khabib twice. the ufc would just say he lost to a goat, there's no shame in that. If conor wants to continue after that and actually win, people will move on I think. But I think realistically, conor has limited fights left. He's getting older, the UFC knows he's getting older. They want to get the most out of him that they possibliy can because he's completely gone from the sport. I think they know if conor wins, he will not defend. Conor isn't about legacy, he's about branding.

again, this is just all my opinion. Not saying i'm right. You could be right. Just speculating myself at this point.

Khabib will never fight conor

Dana knows he would rather retire 29-0

Dana isn't silly enough to let khabib just walk, when there is still a big fight with gsp

If khabib was looking to fight on, or was in the middle of his career? Then of course Dana would force the rematch

The rematch will not happen unless khabib wants it

Conor knows this and it is why he goads him

If Conor had sense, he should reach out and apologise for his behaviour and it really only is business

If he did that then he would get another fight

However, his ego would never allow it, so he may just live with the fact that khabib humiliated him and his team

Khabib will never fight conor

Dana knows he would rather retire 29-0

Dana isn't silly enough to let khabib just walk, when there is still a big fight with gsp

If khabib was looking to fight on, or was in the middle of his career? Then of course Dana would force the rematch

The rematch will not happen unless khabib wants it

Conor knows this and it is why he goads him

If Conor had sense, he should reach out and apologise for his behaviour and it really only is business

If he did that then he would get another fight

However, his ego would never allow it, so he may just live with the fact that khabib humiliated him and his team
McGregor can apologize, khabib's will not voluntarily fight McGregor. I think Conor may have maybe had a chance if khabibs dad was alive and he apologized, but that post about using his dads sickness to hide inactivity pretty much sealed that door.

McGregor can apologize, khabib's will not voluntarily fight McGregor. I think Conor may have maybe had a chance if khabibs dad was alive and he apologized, but that post about using his dad death to hide inactivity pretty much sealed that door.

Yes mate of course

He may just wait until khabib retires and fight for the belt

straw man arguement bc what proof is there that Conor wants to fight??

Khabib will never fight Conor, Vegas fined Khabib 500 000 dollar and he gave them the middle finger. They said that Khabib teammates will get fired but here we are. Dana and Khabib have great realationship there for i think he will make it against GSP.

Khabib will never fight Conor, Vegas fined Khabib 500 000 dollar and he gave them the middle finger. They said that Khabib teammates will get fired but here we are. Dana and Khabib have great realationship there for i think he will make it against GSP.
It was actually a million fine.

None just speculation
I think you are right.. The plan of khabibs was probably to put pressure on mcgregor and have him freak out alittle bit about his upcoming career and future legacy.. LMAO it worked, but just speculating as well.. Mcgregor gonna fighting islam if everything goes to plan..haha or any top 10...fingers crossed.. I just want to see where conor stands as a top fighter against actual top 5/10 fighters at 155

Back