Conor wants to fight soon because Khabib hint at retirement forced his hand?

Welcome back. Haven't seen you for around for awhile.
Not long enough, if ya ask me.

If Khabib is hinting retirement, isn't that all the more reason for Conor to stay out of the game? Let Khabib fight without contract negotiations to slow things down, so you can get a new lightweight champion sooner that Conor can actually beat?

tony vs conor sells but I think conor is scared of tony. Never brings him up as a potential fight. I think that cardio will be the reason he wins. I don't think he hits harder than gaethje and can withstand conors hits

Conor only has 2 rounds to knock someone out.
Jeeze man idk about all that. You saw in the Gaethje fight and throughout Tony's career, how susceptible he is to counters. Conor is one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Tony is his easiest fight in the top 5. Not to mention the damage hes taken. Conor would eat him alive

Jeeze man idk about all that. You saw in the Gaethje fight and throughout Tony's career, how susceptible he is to counters. Conor is one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Tony is his easiest fight in the top 5. Not to mention the damage hes taken. Conor would eat him alive
Yes, I saw how he's suspectible to counters in that fight and most of his fights, yet gaethje threw bombs at him and he didn't get knocked out. Its going to look similar to tony's fights before Gaethje, where he's constantly getting tagged in the first 2 rounds then turns on the pace and beats his opponent. Conor doesn't have the gas tank that gaethje had nor the power. He's gonna get outworked and tony will beat him. Just my opinion. Assuming gaethje didn't completely rattle his brain and now that chin is gone. But I think it still has granite on it

gonna look similar to the first diaz-mcgregor fight

Conspiracy theory time. This is all predicated on if Khabib beats gaethje obviously

Some bullet points from the video
  • Khabib and his team hints at retirement at 30-0
  • Conor's "I accept" tweet was hinted at accepting a fight against a ranked opponent after finding out about khabib's hinted retirement.
  • UFC wants to make conor vs Khabib rematch because its the biggest fight to make
  • Conor's ranking suggests he's going to fight soon and they're using his ranking as a promotional tool
  • If Conor beats a top opponent in the rankings, ferguson or poirier, the UFC can pressure khabib's hand to fight the number 1 contender with the promise of GSP for his last fight at 31-0
  • Thinks Conor prefers Tony over poirier because Conor doesn't want to face someone he's beaten
  • Thinks Khabib will accept a GSP fight for his 31st bout. Even willing to come out of retirement for it because its what his father wanted. Thinks GSP will accept because of the challenge of beating the undefeated fighter

I don't buy it but it's an interesting conspiracy by TheWeasle

By the time Khabib would be on his 31st fight GSP will be in his mid 40s.

Conor smashes Tony to pieces so would be smart
nah. I thought so too when I talked about tony's fight IQ but he doesn't have the leg kicks gaethje has, doesn't have the gas tank gaethje had for that fight, nor he has the power. He's going to start off really aggressive like he did against nate to try to get him the fuck out of there, then tony will turn on the pace, conor will get fatigued and give his back or neck, conor will tap

nah. I thought so too when I talked about tony's fight IQ but he doesn't have the leg kicks gaethje has, doesn't have the gas tank gaethje had for that fight, nor he has the power. He's going to start off really aggressive like he did against nate to try to get him the fuck out of there, then tony will turn on the pace, conor will get fatigued and give his back or neck, conor will tap

Counter punch is too much

Every beating you have takes its toll

I have always liked the Tony match up for conor, but I heavily favour him now

I would be shocked if Tony was still standing In the 3rd, just my opinion bro

I don't think so, motivated Tony makes mince pies of Conor.

I beg to differ

I think too many base their assumptions on the first nate fight

Tony gets dropped more than nate and I think conor would get him out of there within 2 rounds

It's a match up I would like to see

Counter punch is too much

Every beating you have takes its toll

I have always liked the Tony match up for conor, but I heavily favour him now

I would be shocked if Tony was still standing In the 3rd, just my opinion bro
I'm still not buying it. Tony got fucked up by gaethje no doubt. but I don't think that beating would matter against conor. Against another active top ten opponent, yes. I think dustin sparks tony, does the same thing gaethje did. Dustin is a fucking headhunter. has like 3 fights with records with most strikes. Conor is more about precision, not volume. if he can't knock tony out inside 2 rounds(has never got a knock out after 2), tony will submit him.

Conor was winning the first Diaz fight iirc, got gassed and gave his neck. Got submitted. That's what will happen against tony.

I beg to differ

Tony gets dropped more than nate and I think conor would get him out of there within 2 rounds

I'm anxious to see it too, but conor isn't. that's why he doesn't bring up his name because he knows lol

Yes, I saw how he's suspectible to counters in that fight and most of his fights, yet gaethje threw bombs at him and he didn't get knocked out. Its going to look similar to tony's fights before Gaethje, where he's constantly getting tagged in the first 2 rounds then turns on the pace and beats his opponent. Conor doesn't have the gas tank that gaethje had nor the power. He's gonna get outworked and tony will beat him. Just my opinion. Assuming gaethje didn't completely rattle his brain and now that chin is gone. But I think it still has granite on it

gonna look similar to the first diaz-mcgregor fight
I think Conors gas tank issues are vastly overstated on this forum. You take any fighter in mma and I dont see how they last in a 10 roubd boxing match. Also I dont think Tony is the grinder that Khabib or Diaz is. He has great Cardio but his style isnt one that is super draining, but he does have good output.

Even in the Mayweather fight Conor won 3 rounds and one of those was the 8th or 9th I believe. He also won the 4th vs Diaz.

Shot for shot Gaethje might hit harder but the différence is the timing, the shota you dont see coming are the ones that finish you and Conors timing is very elite.

I dont see Tony lasting more than 2 especially with the damage he took in the last one. If he does I think the damage would have added up and he would have to climb out of too deep a hole. But its mma so who knows.

He is not fighting anyone he is whiskey salesman now that talks crap on twitter all day and Khabib is never giving him that rematch its the ultimate revenge for all those things he said about he's dad wife etc. mauled him and destroyed he's career. Khabib has bigger fish to fry with justin than GSP.

I'm still not buying it. Tony got fucked up by gaethje no doubt. but I don't think that beating would matter against conor. Against another active top ten opponent, yes. I think dustin sparks tony, does the same thing gaethje did. Dustin is a fucking headhunter. has like 3 fights with records with most strikes. Conor is more about precision, not volume. if he can't knock tony out inside 2 rounds(has never got a knock out after 2), tony will submit him.

Conor was winning the first Diaz fight iirc, got gassed and gave his neck. Got submitted. That's what will happen against tony.

Conor had no respect for nate first time and underestimated the ability nate would have to take shots at 170

I can't believe I am sticking up for conor, but he would dismantle nate at 155

Conor is/was a cracking fighter at 155, it's just a pity we never seen more fights than the Eddie and khabib fights

I think Conors gas tank issues are vastly overstated on this forum. You take any fighter in mma and I dont see how they last in a 10 roubd boxing match. Also I dont think Tony is the grinder that Khabib or Diaz is. He has great Cardio but his style isnt one that is super draining, but he does have good output.

Even in the Mayweather fight Conor won 3 rounds and one of those was the 8th or 9th I believe. He also won the 4th vs Diaz.

Shot for shot Gaethje might hit harder but the différence is the timing, the shota you dont see coming are the ones that finish you and Conors timing is very elite.

I dont see Tony lasting more than 2 especially with the damage he took in the last one. If he does I think the damage would have added up and he would have to climb out of too deep a hole. But its mma so who knows.
I don't. Mcgregor doesn't seem to think so either.about floyd mayweahter That was just throwing punches and he gassed out. Now you had clinches, takedown attempts, tony pushing the pace and so forth.
That's why I think he will start off strong like he did against floyd, like he did against nate. I don't think he'll be as patient like diaz 2.

Conor had no respect for nate first time and underestimated the ability nate would have to take shots at 170

I can't believe I am sticking up for conor, but he would dismantle nate at 155

Conor is/was a cracking fighter at 155, it's just a pity we never seen more fights than the Eddie and khabib fights

He's not a scrub. He's just not beating tony. I think he can beat poirier again. I think he can knock out dustin sooner than he could knock out tony or even win by decision against tony. Tony was neutralized by power and leg kicks. His shins were bleeding. He says he doesn't want to take damage like that anymore, so maybe he'll incorporate more of his grappling and if he does do that, conor is going to gas easily. Until I see tony flushed out on the canvas by conor mcgregor or ton's next fight(if its not against mcgregor), I will give that advantage to tony

I beg to differ

I for once disagrees with you, he took everything Gaethje had to offer without flinching, I don't believe Conor would do any better than Justin. I would like to see that fight too, we'll see if Conor is still the beast everyone still proclaims he is.

I for once disagrees with you, he took everything Gaethje had to offer without flinching, I don't believe Conor would do any better than Justin. I would like to see that fight too, we'll see if Conor is still the beast everyone still proclaims he is.

I would hope I am wrong lol

But I just fancy the tko for conor, especially with Tony's age and his last beating

Av bet if it happens?? Lol

I agree with you. I think he will land better than gaethje, he's the more accurate puncher, but he'll land less and the power won't be there. The guy is going to get choked out. He doesn't want that fight. He'd prefer not to fight at all and just wait but I think gsp is forcing this dude's hand if khabib beats gaethje

I would hope I am wrong lol

But I just fancy the tko for conor, especially with Tony's age and his last beating

Av bet if it happens?? Lol
TKO through five rounds for conor? it's not happening dude. I'm sorry. he's not going to sustain his power through 5 rounds. Only 2. if he drops tony, he's not going into tony's guard to finish. Tony will get him. he doesn't want to clinch with tony either. Gaethje didn't clinch much with tony iirc

Back