Conor training with 185 fighter to prepare for khabib

All training and camps will be forgot when khabib tastes that sweet sweet left hand. Thread.

AKA is the best gym in the world. How is this not amateur hour in comparison?
Cue cain leg machine gif. More injuries than a crossfit torny. Khabib and Cain competing for the p4p pull out king.

He'll need a lot more than that

Khabib has been training with bears, Rockhold, Cain and DC for years

Who the fuck is this guy?

<FookIsThatGuy>

Khabib has been training wrestling with Cormier & male modeling with Rockhold. Conor is doomed.

Why? He didn’t even hit Floyd clean. That uppercut (basically the only punch that is shown in the highlight) was completely weak and lost energy before impact. Floyd has made the best boxers alive miss and look silly, and there was no way Conor was ever going to hit him clean with a power shot. When he actually throws a hard punch he hurts people - especially with the tiny gloves. I’m not suggesting he will beat Khabib, but Conor has shown over and over that he can hurt guys in the UFC with one shot. Khabib is a big dude for the weightclass but it is definitely possible that Conor can hurt him in there with a clean shot....
I agree....we can't count out Conor in this fight even though I would like to see him humiliated

The gym famous for producing a plethora of world champs, while SBG would actually have a sub .500 record without Conor on their roster<45>

With Conor's money he could theoretically fly in GSP, Maia and some olympic wrestlers. Conor probably wouldn't though

That is a myth. The floyd fight should have ended this nonsense about "touch of death"

TBF to Conor, he was terrified to throw power punches against Floyd (because Conor is always unbalanced when he throws power and that would have gotten him countered bad) and kinda just tapped at Floyd.

That was a tongue in cheek post lol

it's always been obvious that Conor doesn't have mark hunt or Jake ellenberger one hit power, rather he's very accurate and able to find his opponent's off switches quickly

He's a sniper rather than a cannon
Conor's strength is his ability to frustrate his opponents into lunging into a punch from the outside. Thats were almost all his knock downs and finishes come from. He is actuate, but he is really good at making his opponent give him the easy counter. He isn't an Anderson type who can fire a strike threw anyone's guard. He gets fighters to drop their guard and stick their chin out

Crazy how EVERYBODY dismisses the body shot in rd 9 that had Floyd not only hurt but about finished till the ref saved floyd.
The low blow that Floyd was clearly milking?

McGregor takes this fight seriously. I'm rooting for khabib but the dedication he seems to put on this specific camp tells me it's not going to be one sided
This. I'm not a serious Connie fan but I will say this is the most serious an dedicated u have seen him in preparing and has been prepping for this fight at least 6 months. Conor gets taken down rd 1 an 2. If he can survive it I think he kos Kabib in 3.

This. I'm not a serious Connie fan but I will say this is the most serious an dedicated u have seen him in preparing and has been prepping for this fight at least 6 months. Conor gets taken down rd 1 an 2. If he can survive it I think he kos Kabib in 3.

LOL Conor needs to Aldo Khabib. He isn't KOing him in the third. Khabib has the most tiring style in MMA to fight against

The gym famous for chronic injuries, the second best light heavyweight ever and glass jaw Rockhold?
Nope, it hold 2 current UFC champions, one's the p4p #1 fighter, double champ, and the other is 26-0. It also has two former champs like Rockhold, and Cain, both very dominate in their career's. SBG has one champion who never defended ANY title he's won.

to be fair, Makwan Amirkhani fights out of SBG and I think he's a stud.

apparently, so do the ladies. Just looked him up to confirm where he trained before I look stupid and he actually was the runner up in a beauty pageant in Finland in 2012.

I like Mr Finland but his stand up is trash. The guy was getting slapped around by Jason Knight...

I like Mr Finland but his stand up is trash. The guy was getting slapped around by Jason Knight...

I didn't say he was a perfect fighter, but that he is a good fighter. Which he is.

Its the guy who is training w conor, making a huge payday, teaching conor nothing that can prepare him for khabibs lifelong wrestling pedigree. U cant teach how to defend against khabibs toolbox in a few months or even years. He can maybe at best train vs x moves he has seen khabib use, but khabib adapts really well in the cage, so being able to stop a single doesnt help, and i doubt he will even be able to stip the single. Khabib will turn it into an ankle pic and take him down anyway. Just as khabib cant find anyone that has conors striking Conor cant find anyone w khabibs grappling.

I guess training technique will improve your taekdown defense but at the end of the day it comes down to sheer strength and will. If the other guy is a tenacious motherfucer, who is much stronger then you, then all the training in the world wont save you.

Back