Conor said something very interesting about highlights

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-choking machida standing
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-franklin missing every punch
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-coming back from randleplex
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
I've always argued that the manner you win in has a major impact on goat status, it does in every other sport so why not MMA?

If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
I'd argue new MMA fans might never have heard of some KO machines - but they do known those who tend to become legends because they were seen as pioneers/dominant/milestone fighters -even if they have shitty highlights - like Royce Gracie.

Last edited:
A takedown can be a thing of beauty. Groundcontrol can be a thing of beauty. Just like some people enjoy a good epic and others prefer a flash-bang action-movie, there are fans of many different forms of fighting.
Chiesa/Magny was definitely epic
<LikeReally5>
And I say this as 11th dan BJJ red belt.

Lol he's been retired for years and there's still lots of talk about gsp and people want him to come back even tho he's nearly 40.

It's weird how many of you think everyone in the world shares your opinions.

GSP submitted and TKO'd Hughes, TKO'd Serra, rocked, made BJ quit, and choked out Bisping. On top of a few other UFC finishes. It's not like he's never finished a fight before the final bell.
Finished Trigg, Sherk, Heiron. Beat the absolute shit out of fitch for 5 rounds. Dropped Alves and Shields in their fights. He honestly has lots of highlight moments

Well this is the typical response of someone who has blind devotion to Georges. You find the argument easier when you discredit someone who is not even in the discussion at all.
If it makes you, perrishit and thunderpussy feel better in have stated that bj's 2010's is the most disastrous and terrible decade any fighter has ever had. I still respect him more for taking fights after his prime than gsp retiring at 32 with his tail between his legs.
I love BJ. I also love Georges. I know this is still difficult for you to understand, but you need to see the light.

Back