Conor said something very interesting about highlights

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-choking machida standing
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-franklin missing every punch
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-coming back from randleplex
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?

Last edited:
gsp-kicks-hughes.gif

I legit think this is a framing he has come up with to shit on Khabib.

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels looks like.
Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chapel
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
Bro gsp have been retired forever and hes still one of the most talked about fighters. Thinly veiled gsp hate thread

True fans relish the history and fight performances from way back. I'm sure even fans who joined the sport recently probably tuned to watch some of Conors full fights from his early ufc days or possibly even earlier.

It's all part of the love for the sport but to the majority of sports fans who don't watch combat sports often, they will only know the highlight reels, which I guess is good point to make. On a side note, from the same argument, true fans will always know who won between Canelo and GGG... Shit makes me salty to this day lol

Last edited:
It's true. What happens in the cage is more important than what happens on the page.

And big knockouts and subs are obviously far more important for attaining that than consistently playing it safe for a W.

Khabib is in the same boat as GSP.

Wonderboy has an amazing highlight reel. Watching his ability to cut an angle and tag his opponents before they even realize they were out of position is amazing.

Doesn't have the most KOs but if you are a karate style MMA fanboy like me it's about as good as it gets.

The main reason GSP has fans is because of Canada. But they know themselves he's boring af
as a Canadian, I agree. he is a very sound/talented fighter but he got his mind broken. he isnt a fighter, he is an athlete that fights. guys at my gym call me a hater and love/d him loyally when I compared him to a much better version of Fitch. I find him boring for the majority of the time. but he does have a few highlights arm barring Hughes/ko Hughes/ ko early in his career, there might be more. cant think of them

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels looks like.
Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chapel
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

Comparing highlights to low points is disingenuous. GSP has millions of views on his Youtube highlight compilations. His legacy isn't going anywhere.

Back