Conor said something very interesting about highlights

I'll give you that and I'm okay with Anderson being the GOAT. Wanderlei's and Gaethje definitely more violent though, and more my style. I love Anderson and all of the Chute Boxe guys for life

I just like the variety on Andy's HL reel

giphy.gif

ChubbyDeterminedKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

R2YmbUV.gif

<{jackyeah}>

As great as gsp fans claim he was, he doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have any spectacular moments to relish.

I'll list 30 names with better hl reels:
Vitor
Anderson
Wanderlei
Fedor
Stipe
JDS
Bones
Hendo
Aldo
Max
Gathje
CCC
Crocop
Aleksander
Sergei
Edson
Pettis
Tony
Nunes
Val
Ronda
Reem
Derrick lewis
Ngannou
Machida
Chuck
Rampage
Shogun
Masvidal
Conor

That's literally just off the top.of my head. I bet we can compile a list of 100 fighters with better hl reel.than gsp without much effort.

Completely agree its the reason why guys who weren't great get revered and overrated once Nostalgia kicks in

For example, BJ Penn

It's true. What happens in the cage is more important than what happens on the page.

And big knockouts and subs are obviously far more important for attaining that than consistently playing it safe for a W.

Khabib is in the same boat as GSP.

Khabib finished Gaethje, Poirier and McGregor in dominating fashion. Khabib is kinda doing it in a reversed way like GSP did. GSP started out exciting and became a safe fighter. Khabib started out kinda semi-boring and turned into a wrecking machine.

Of course it's hard to call somebody at their skill level truly boring.

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels looks like.
Bones
-choking machida standing
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-franklin missing every punch
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chapel
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-coming back from randleplex
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
GSP submitted and TKO'd Hughes, TKO'd Serra, made BJ quit, rocked and choked out Bisping. On top of a few other UFC finishes. It's not like he's never finished a fight before the final bell.

Edit: fixed 'Rocked and choked Bisping'

Last edited:
GSP submitted and TKO'd Hughes, TKO'd Serra, rocked, made BJ quit, and choked out Bisping. On top of a few other UFC finishes. It's not like he's never finished a fight before the final bell.

ok Hughes was almost 40 when georges finally beat him and no one is going to hold those victories as high as Matts first victory over georges.
YOu really bragging about Serra? That guy put Georges into the morgue in the first fight and because of that Serra is now an immortal in the sport, when in reality hes a .500 fighter. Great guy and amazing personality but yes a .500 fighter.
You forgot about the first bj fight where bj was ROBBED where he put georges in the hospital and walked out of the cage with nary a scratch. Also grease gate. Also bj was a lw then not a ww.
Bisping??? the guy was 40 with one eye and one foot out the door.

You gsp fans make this too easy.

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
Anderson.....
silva.gif

tenor.gif

FatLastAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

Conor is half right. You will find the highlights but also find the lowlights....
tenor.gif

KoP3xyO.gif

cmon man two of these are horrific injuries post 40 years old. You cant taunt fans with injury low lights.
My point is there are highlights and lowlights. Fans will be able to find the whole story. Point well taken is that most of Anderson's are when he's old. He had an amazing run.

Khabibs highlight reel is fucking pure dominance. But keep on projecting.
Yeh it is but look at it from Conor’s perspective - he has the ‘highlight reel KOs’ whilst Khabib has always prized the belt and beating to competition.

It was like when he all of a sudden started going on about ‘crotch sniffing’ etc after their fight.

It’s an attempt to change the measurement so he can put himself on top.

ok Hughes was almost 40 when georges finally beat him and no one is going to hold those victories as high as Matts first victory over georges.
YOu really bragging about Serra? That guy put Georges into the morgue in the first fight and because of that Serra is now an immortal in the sport, when in reality hes a .500 fighter. Great guy and amazing personality but yes a .500 fighter.
You forgot about the first bj fight where bj was ROBBED where he put georges in the hospital and walked out of the cage with nary a scratch. Also grease gate. Also bj was a lw then not a ww.
Bisping??? the guy was 40 with one eye and one foot out the door.

You gsp fans make this too easy.
I just listened to Still Life recently. Doesn't that make us on the same team??? Plus, you listed Rampage, Mir, Sylvia, and Rogers for Fedor's wins. The timing of the first 3 and the path of Rogers after losing to Fedor aren't great arguments.

Wrong. Jones remembered for peds. Silva remembered for peds. fedor, sadly will be remembered for his later career.

a lot of people think Floyd is top boxer. His highlight reel isn’t that great.

Yes, because of the short attention span/availability of and in this gen. This will continue with just gifs and faster form of content in the future. Not really ideal, but that's how it is.

Back