Conor said something very interesting about highlights

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-choking machida standing
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-franklin missing every punch
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-coming back from randleplex
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
I fully agree. My first experience with MMA was in 2005. My cousin showed me a GSP fight. And even as an 11 year old kid who loved combat, it was the most boring shit I had ever seen, and even questioned how it even made it to TV. And it was not the grappling that mad it boring, it was his style of everything striking and grappling hes just not very enticing. And I agree his fans come from Canada who never really had too many sports super stars, so they probably just hopped in the wave cause he was successful and repped canada

Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson aren't remembered for their later careers, so why would that fate befall Fedor?
Ali wasn’t relevant for two fights and retired. Fedor it seems hasn’t been relevant for the last 10’years of his career. And no one at least that I know of, is claiming Tyson is the goat. Tyson is one of my favs, but not up there in goat discussions imo.

UFC is a dying sport and youtube will remove all highlights in 5 years because of marxism.

I think noobs in the future will check goat polls and guess who's #1?

Ps. your threads/posts are becoming unbearable.

early GSP was spectacular before he got boring and terrified of losing. his early intro highlight reels were insane.

Well, Drake is also very popular today, but he'll never be an all-time great musician.

tenor.gif

He said that is how fighters are remembered which I have to agree. When we look.back now in this era, we go on YouTube and watch hl reels. Think of all the goat mma fighters and what their hl reels look like.
Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

I agree with conor. If you don't have a magical hl reel you won't be remembered by current and future fans.
This is why I'm certain gsp will never be remembered or talked about in the future. He doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have anything spectacular that kids born in 2020 will dissect in 2040 and say wow this guy was great. What are they going to look at him trying to sub hardy for three rounds? Jabbing kos for 5 rounds?
Fedor beat Sylvia by submission. Sorry to be a nerd. :(

I just listened to Still Life recently. Doesn't that make us on the same team??? Plus, you listed Rampage, Mir, Sylvia, and Rogers for Fedor's wins. The timing of the first 3 and the path of Rogers after losing to Fedor aren't great arguments.
No, this thread was about highlights. All of those Fedor wins were great highlights. He has lots of good wins.

I just listened to Still Life recently. Doesn't that make us on the same team??? Plus, you listed Rampage, Mir, Sylvia, and Rogers for Fedor's wins. The timing of the first 3 and the path of Rogers after losing to Fedor aren't great arguments.
There isn't anything we can't agree on while listening to mikael sing "pale touch writhing in the embers"....

Highlight reels are a nice legacy to leave .... it was cool hearing Conor say that ......

Comparing highlights to low points is disingenuous. GSP has millions of views on his Youtube highlight compilations. His legacy isn't going anywhere.
Because he’s Canadian and woman think he’s cute doesn’t necessarily make it a great HL reel .......

Bones
-headkicking DC
-pounding shogun

Anderson
-killing leben
-bonnar knee
-hail Mary sub on chael
-vitor kick
-Forrest jab of death
-choking hendo

Fedor
-rogers ko
-rampage ko
-mir ko
-arlovski ko
-sylvia ko

GTFO

As great as gsp fans claim he was, he doesn't have a hl reel. He doesn't have any spectacular moments to relish.

I'll list 30 names with better hl reels:
Vitor
Anderson
Wanderlei
Fedor
Stipe
JDS
Bones
Hendo
Aldo
Max
Gathje
CCC
Crocop
Aleksander
Sergei
Edson
Pettis
Tony
Nunes
Val
Ronda
Reem
Derrick lewis
Ngannou
Machida
Chuck
Rampage
Shogun
Masvidal
Conor

That's literally just off the top.of my head. I bet we can compile a list of 100 fighters with better hl reel.than gsp without much effort.
You didn’t name BJ, idiot. Lol!

You didn’t name BJ, idiot. Lol!

Well this is the typical response of someone who has blind devotion to Georges. You find the argument easier when you discredit someone who is not even in the discussion at all.
If it makes you, perrishit and thunderpussy feel better in have stated that bj's 2010's is the most disastrous and terrible decade any fighter has ever had. I still respect him more for taking fights after his prime than gsp retiring at 32 with his tail between his legs.

I think noobs in the future will check goat polls and guess who's #1?

Ps. your threads/posts are becoming unbearable.

Well its only 3 pages in and 15 op likes that's not a bad ratio and it looks like you re in the minority there. No one asked you to participate you decided to read the op and jump in. I'm always willing to discuss and debate. If you have a point, make it. If you disagree, pick my argument apart. Otherwise go find another thread that fits your closed narrative and jerk eachother off there.

Back