Conor McGregor's legacy | Shattered or building?

Not this ^^^ sh!t again
giphy.webp
I just addressed all of this with @FrontNakedChoke follow our back & forth in this very thread you'll find my reply in there...

You danced around the facts presented and painted a false narrative of Max Holloway being a scrub.

Don't drag me back into this buddeh! <Lmaoo>

Stop looking past Conor's accomplishments. Give the man some credit.

Still building! His mystic was never in being undefeated. It's always been wanted to see how his mind games affect the best fighters in the world and his crazy fighting style. He's like an Irish Nick Diaz but a way bigger super star.

You danced around the facts presented and painted a false narrative of Max Holloway being a scrub.

Don't drag me back into this buddeh! <Lmaoo>

Stop looking past Conor's accomplishments. Give the man some credit.

Please man don't do this I called them scrubs & up and comers in the past tense and you know this because it's said in the post itself, why you trying to make it sound like I was talking in the present tense is a little disturbing to me...

He will be remembered for the attention he brought to the sport, the hype he was capable of generating and the money he made. Make no mistake about it, McGregor understands the fight business and influenced a bunch of fighters to do the same.

As of now, he won’t be remembered for the winning streaks or title defenses, but we can’t deny what McGregor did for this sport.
turned it into wwe

Please man don't do this I called them scrubs & up and comers in the past tense and you know this because it's said in the post itself, why you trying to make it sound like I was talking in the present tense is a little disturbing to me...

Big difference between a scrub and a prospect to turn future champion lmao. I wasn't trying to make it sound like you were talking in present tense, you understood the context of the conversation.

Don't be disturbed! Let's smoke a blunt about it!

He will be remembered for the attention he brought to the sport, the hype he was capable of generating and the money he made. Make no mistake about it, McGregor understands the fight business and influenced a bunch of fighters to do the same.

As of now, he won’t be remembered for the winning streaks or title defenses, but we can’t deny what McGregor did for this sport.
Lol, what title defenses?

It's still building but has hit some permitting issues that have slowed progress

His legacy is still beastly so far. His only blemish is the loss to Khabib, who btw, for now is leagues under Conor if we're talking resumes and legacies.

His legacy is still beastly so far. His only blemish is the loss to Khabib, who btw, for now is leagues under Conor if we're talking resumes and legacies.

Not true, winner takes all. If you don't like it, get a rematch and win it back. All the greats have avenged losses or not lost badly enough to need to avenge their loss.

Not this ^^^ sh!t again
giphy.webp
I just addressed all of this with @FrontNakedChoke follow our back & forth in this very thread you'll find my reply in there...
C53561FD-5FCE-460F-BAC9-42695F4E245D.gif
Not sifting through pages..if your speaking on him not defending a title still doesn’t take away the fact that he actually accomplished these things.

2 worst thing Conor did to this sport,

1) Brought in a bunch of fans who nothing of MMA, and are strictly annoying Conor fans and would believe anything Conor related.

2) Brought in a bunch of copycat fighters who imitate Conor (Colby, DIllon, that irish kid from Bellator) thinking that will make them big just like Conor.
Dude stole his look from a model and act from Money mayweather, a pale imitation of the truest sense.

The thing is, Conor has lost before, but he's always continued to make people want to tune in and watch him fight. I don't see that changing at all.
It's not just a fight when Conor shows up.. It's like an event.

If he continues to lose, sure some of that luster will wear off, but if he comes back and starts winning again he's golden.

Maybe i'm just not like other people, but I don't think losing to one of the best boxers of all time, and a person who's on a 27-0 undefeated streak is anything to feel ashamed about.
Name a fighter Mayweather and Khabib didn't dominate.

Still first ever double champ. Still a future HOF'er.

I could go on, but his legacy is definitely not shattered.

History can't be erased.

Not true, winner takes all. If you don't like it, get a rematch and win it back. All the greats have avenged losses or not lost badly enough to need to avenge their loss.
What? How does that even work? Fedor and Silva have brutal non avenged losses, much worse than this one, doesn't make their resumes any less impressive and they still remain superior despite being beaten. Conor has a better resume than Khabib and that's a fact. Khabib beat Conor, another fact. They don't mingle one with another.

And the guy that lost a fight against a middle ranked oponent on 10 days notice and failed to defend a title.

Both points we make are true, so not a true great for me.

It's possible to find negatives in anyone. What Conor did in MMA was never done before. He deserves respect for that.

Big difference between a scrub and a prospect to turn future champion lmao. I wasn't trying to make it sound like you were talking in present tense, you understood the context of the conversation.

Don't be disturbed! Let's smoke a blunt about it!

Holloway was two fights IN before facing McGregor scrub/prospect not much of a leap to me, you can take issue with me calling Poirier a scrub because he had some real deal fights before Conor I just didn't want to get lengthy or wordy in the post turn into Prologic (RIP B!tch) so I just lumped them together.

Now I'm gonna burn a tree because it's been a day for this bad guy...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back