Conor McGregor's legacy | Shattered or building?

View attachment 457099
Not sifting through pages..if your speaking on him not defending a title still doesn’t take away the fact that he actually accomplished these things.

And I never once disputed the accomplishments just questioned how they came to be, and what he did with said accomplishments...

It's possible to find negatives in anyone. What Conor did in MMA was never done before. He deserves respect for that.

Well I kind of agree. However, he got to hold onto the FW strap for too long to make sure he broke history.

Not his fault that RDA pulled out of the 155 fight, but he went on to lose to Diaz. After that loss, then seeking a rematch, I think he should of been stripped.

Though whatever way it's put, he is the first guy to carry two straps at the same time. Still not near as impressive as Penn, Corture, Cormier etc. All them guys were defending champions, win or lose.

I am a huge boxing fan and IMO it's a huge black mark when a champion doesn't try and defend his belt.

Conor has never had the privilege of being introduced into the octagon as the 'Reigning, defending champion'. I would imagine when you hear that as a champion would solidify his status as THE man.

Conor will no doubt be a first class inductee for what he has done for the sport. His early great wins and his exposure. Though I think there will be many fighters joining him with more talent merit.

His legacy is definitely building.

Never in the history of sports have I seen fans as hungry for an athlete's cock as Conor nuthuggers.

full

On the plus side he showed fighters have the capability to compete directly with the UFC, and actually win
On the negative side he dragged the sport into the gutter (started by Chael) and justified the sport atrophying with using the belt solely as a marketing tool (never defending), hand-picking opponents, having on org fix fights for him, and not taking fights due to competition but due to money alone.

Overall he was a negative impact on the sport IMO, and Khabib provided a service uprooting his influence from the sport, restoring honor into a sport that had all of it sapped by the Hollywood promoters that currently run the sport and couldn't give two shits about its integrity.

And I never once disputed the accomplishments just questioned how they came to be, and what he did with said accomplishments...
Dispite never defending hes titles he did manage to build an entire empire out of it. Themaclife productions mcgregor ent. Proper 12 whisky that in itself is enough to justify a legacy outside of mma. What he did to obtain it can be questioned but you can say that about others as well. I respect how he earned all he has more than i will ever respond any youtubers rise to the top

It depends how the next few fights play out.

If he retired today he would suffer a temporary drop in stock which would gradually return but never anywhere near the top of his hype.

Up to winning each title his overall UFC record was outstanding, he put FW on the map, brought wealth into fighter pay and is the best PPV salesman of all time.

He picked two HUGE MONEY fights he couldn't win, against extremely elite competitors in Floyd and Khabib. That is a far cry from the worst thing that ever happened to a fighter

Dispite never defending hes titles he did manage to build an entire empire out of it. Themaclife productions mcgregor ent. Proper 12 whisky that in itself is enough to justify a legacy outside of mma. What he did to obtain it can be questioned but you can say that about others as well. I respect how he earned all he has more than i will ever respond any youtubers rise to the top

<HisEye> Dispite..? There's no dispite when it comes to defending titles, you Do or you Don't... What he does on his own time that's his biz, I'm more interested about the fighting part I don't give two sh!ts about his empire...

Back