Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Possibly Being Held Up Due to Weight Issues

Conor wants something on the line. But an interim belt would be a joke and everyone knows it.

F*k this interim sh!t RDA vs Conor was billed as a Superfight one champion is forced out so just make a fight now no belt.

I don't care if it's for an interm belt at 155 or a catch weight fight I just hope he gets a fight.

1) Fighting at 155 for a belt will make him a lot of money
2) He clearly indicated his next goal is the LW belt. Then the WW belt. Get your facts straight.

a paper interim belt isn't worth anything

nate diaz is the biggest name available to him right now (maximising his dollars)

FrontRowBrian® ‏@FrontRowBrian 54m54 minutes ago
Starting to think Pettis or Faber are the 2 best options if Nate can't make 55 and it doesn't look like Cerrone is an option now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Starting to think Pettis or Faber are the 2 best options if Nate can&#39;t make 55 and it doesn&#39;t look like Cerrone is an option now.</p>&mdash; FrontRowBrian® (@FrontRowBrian) <a href="">February 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Surely they can't put Urijah Faber in an interim lightweight title fight though? So he can't be an option...

I just can't believe that dudes don't stay close to weight when a fight of this nature is taking place. I would always be the understudy in situations like this if I was top 5 and had any kind of beef with either dude.

You should be a detective . Sentence one put forward the theory that McGregor is scared of Nate Diaz . Sentence two immediately disprove this theory . Good work Sherlock .

It was blatantly sarcasm you dimwit.

Diaz fight makes no sense to me. And they would use the short notice excuse.

Ferguson and Cerrone the only fights to make. Both Ferguson and Cerrone are in shape and ready to go.

i would love to see Mcgregor shutdown Ferg but his name is probably last on the list
as for Nate that's an easier fight for the goat

The way he ducked Mendes?

I think he was talking about how he chose to fight an injured mendes who was off hunting instead of a wrestler with actual good boxing, Edgar:

AlarmingHospitableKouprey.gif

https://twitter.com/SpencerLazara/status/702238326762266624

From the looks of twitter, Nate doesn't think he can make 155 on 11 days notice and the UFC wants to keep the fight at 155. I don't see the issue with a 165 catch weight and it's hard to imagine Conor would have a big problem with it. What do you guys think?

Nate can't walk around weighing much more than 170-175lbs and he has 11 days to cut the weight....Diaz doesn't want the fight that bad after all...that's what that says to me anyway.

165 is BS, thats moving up 20 pounds in 2 months...

Diaz fight makes no sense to me. And they would use the short notice excuse.

Ferguson and Cerrone the only fights to make. Both Ferguson and Cerrone are in shape and ready to go.
Khabib is booked and this is the reason why he can not fight Conor but Ferguson not !!!

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.
Obviously Conor is pushing to fight for an interim belt.

Also Conor is a champion, Diaz should have to go to him, not the other way around.

Diaz doesn't want the fight that bad, otherwise he would be busting his ass to make the weight.

The UFCs fault for not having guys on stand by. They need to pay 1 or 2 guys to be ready to fill in. I guess they'll look over their options now and see what the best fight is. If Cerrone is ready then it probably wouldn't be an interim fight since Cerrone just got wrecked by RDA, so then if it's not interim, then it may as well be a catchweight fight with Nate since Nate's a top 55er anyways and a win for Conor builds his stock at LW.

There was someone on standby. Someone who said they were specifically training to be on standby in case RDA pulled out. Specifically training to fight at 155, against McGregor., and willing to fight him anytime, anywhere.. and UFC Offered them the fight after RDA pulled out...

But then Jose turned it down.

1) Fighting at 155 for a belt will make him a lot of money
2) He clearly indicated his next goal is the LW belt. Then the WW belt. Get your facts straight.

DJ wants fights at FLW because that's where the belt he owns resides. Just because he doesn't want to go up in weight doesn't mean he's a beta. Conor is going for the LW belt, so he's not beta for not wanting to fight at a higher weight--especially at one where a belt doesn't even exist.

Try to keep up.
This has nothing to do with mighty mouse and your analogy is irrelevant , especially bringing in werdum

Beta for Conor as a guy who is always talking about his opponents being midgets and how much bigger he is and also wanting to fight at WW now not wanting to take the biggest fight available in diaz

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.

Seriously? ... I mean, you cannot possibly think of a reason why it is impossible to either lose 10 pounds of muscle for a 145 bout or gain 10 pounds of muscle for a 165/170 lbs bout?
Nobody can be that ignorant.

It is absolutely preposterous to call a fight between Conor and Nate a 'interim title' fight.

One guy has literally never fought in the division and the other got destroyed by the champion - and the previous champion - and is on a ONE fight win streak.

I would love to see this fight but its a mockery of the belt to call it an interim title between those two men.

Tony Ferguson, Eddie Alvarez and even Khabib are qualified to fight in an interim title fight. For whatever reason, Zuffa doesn't want those guys fighting Conor.

Nate is a lot of fun but he's the least deserving candidate, and I'm a huge Nate Diaz fan.

Last edited:
Back