News Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier: Dustin has Signed

Yeah that's why I wanted Ariel or Brett to come out and confirm or deny first. It's not 100% official yet, they still have to get Conor to sign the fight.

@Zebra Cheeks
So seriously... what is the difference between now and a month ago then? Month ago was the EXACT same position of Dustin signed and Conor not signed.

Tomas called it with this "confirmed 20 times" or whatever it was that he said. Glad we're now at least not jumping the gun with each damn tweet. "Fool me once" and all.

if felder wins here--he could face tony ferguson or michael chandler after--ps--we know conor has won this fight against DUSTNPOORIERso we are concentrating on the rest of the division on guys like tony, chandler, islam, felder, hooker, gaethje, oliviera, cdf, et cet, et cet, dober, iaquinta, arman

It's good to see Dustin getting a serious payday..He deserves it.

@Zebra Cheeks ariel has indicated conor hasn't signed yet

Yeah that's why I wanted Ariel or Brett to come out and confirm or deny first. It's not 100% official yet, they still have to get Conor to sign the fight.

@Zebra Cheeks

Ah shit, you win some you lose some. It’s frustrating that mma had become such a media trap. At least now we know Dustin is happy with the fight, so the ufc is at least serious about making it. Just waiting on the big man to sign the papers.

These two have been on again, off again too many times. I'll believe it when the UFC announces it.

Cool, just hope it isn’t for the title as I believe both have to win one more fight to earn another crack at it.

Waiting for the PAY MEEE tweet from Dustin next week.
If cannot was decent he would trade pay checks with Dustin for this fight. I mean- conor has a 100 million dollars.

Nothing officially signed by Conor yet, he’s waiting for 100% certainty that Khabib has retired.

Conor don’t want that smoke with Khabib.

SHOOK

I would be very surprised if this fight actually happens.

Conor Mc Gregor vs Dustin Poirier seems official for UFC 257
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/11...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

“The fight between McGregor and Poirier will headline the UFC pay-per-view card in January with more bouts expected to be added in the coming weeks.

While the fight has been in the works for several weeks, negotiations were still ongoing to strike a deal with the athletes. Late Monday night, it appears all sides have agreed.

However, according to sources, McGregor would still prefer returning earlier and it appears he’s pushing for the Dec. 12 date now that Nunes vs Anderson has been scrapped for the main event at UFC 256.“

Edit : No news of a title shot though.

As long as it's at 170 Conor doesn't care when

As long as it's at 170 it really doesn't matter to Lightweight... or shouldn't

@Zebra Cheeks ariel has indicated conor hasn't signed yet

If the fight doesn't happen we know who is to blame. And I saw somewhere where Conor is already trying to call shots, and throw up roadblocks. This wanting to fight in December BS. I'm not convinced this fight happens even if they do officially sign it.

I think a good thread topic would be, How does no crowd affect Conor?

Because it's not just the fight itself. There's no pressers with his drunk minions around. No weigh ins with them either. How would that affect a guy that thrives, and gets energy from his fans? It's a very legit question in my mind. And one that makes me wonder if he fights at all.

Conor ruined the LW division. If he wasn't around khabib wouldn't have retired.

Conrat fanboys, don't get overexcited yet! As was the case 100 times before, he has "verbally agreed" on his Instagram account, but hasn't signed anything official yet! This has all the potential in the world to fall through and never materialize.

I do not see Dustin offering much to Conor...unless he tries to be the counter puncher...then he will lose a decision imo. I honestly do not see anyone beating Conor at 155 now that Khabib is gone.

Back