Conor McGregor Submits First Testing Sample Since 2021, Targets Return in April

Are you ready?

• Total voters
View attachment 1009173

All the gears finally seem to be shifting in the right direction for Conor McGregor’s return to action.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s biggest superstar has been inactive since July 2021, rehabbing a broken leg sustained in his trilogy clash against Dustin Poirier. The Irishman was also absent from the United States Anti-Doping Agency testing pool since the third quarter of 2021 until recently.

After months of back and forth with the USADA over a six-month testing window stipulation, McGregor (22-6) finally re-entered the testing pool on Oct. 8, which makes him eligible to compete in April 2024. The Dublin native has also now submitted his first test samples as per online records. Both blood and urine were seemingly collected, as there were a total of three samples taken, although the date of collection wasn’t specified.

McGregor re-entering the pool was soon followed by the news that the UFC-USADA partnership would conclude at the end of the year, a split which the testing agency partly blamed on McGregor. However, UFC executive Hunter Campbell denied asking for an exemption for McGregor while blasting USADA for trying to use the Irishman as a “media vehicle.”

While McGregor submitted his recent sample to USADA, the UFC’s drug testing program will be taken over by Drug Free Sport International, with ex-FBI agent George Piro as the administrator, starting next year.

McGregor was recently in attendance for the crossover boxing super fight between former UFC heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou and WBC champ Tyson Fury in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia. The Irishman expressed his frustrations and eagerness to make a return to the Octagon at the earliest while speaking to media on the red carpet.

“I’m happy with April. I would’ve loved it earlier, but if I’m to be honest and be realistic, for my fans, I want to put in a good run, build myself back, and that’s it,” McGregor said. “It’s looking like April, mixed martial arts.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...ple-Since-2021-Targets-Return-in-April-191545

His body is ready!

What weight class is he coming for!
Heavy?

conor-mcgregor-you%27ll-do-what-you%27re-told.gif

Was it glowing?

the-simpsons-radioactive-man.gif

Conor does not look the same, the booze and yayo have really aged him since the Floyd fight, he looks like a 40 year old man already. Also despite the rumors that he's been blasting a cycle, he looks bloated and feminine so if that was the case, he forgot his E-blockers cause even his facial structure looks changed to be softer and more feminine.

I'd be interested if he wasn't such a mess with drugs and alcohol.

Zen Conor was actually something to see. Now he's just off putting entirely.

UFC boom period incoming.

This. Acting like Conor isn't the biggest name in the UFC is just foolish... Yeah, Sherdoggers don't like him, but they also claim to not buy or watch the UFC.... ;)

You gonna take Anderson Silva or Fedor out of GOAT discussions cause of how terrible their downfalls were?

Conor's downfall has been to Poirier and Khabib, look at Anderson and Fedor.

Conor is the highest KO fighter in featherweight, one punch KOed the most dominant featherweight champion, took a second belt, he reached the highest pinnacle, and his downfall hasn't been the worst (look at Fedor/Anderson). If he can rise again, definitely a top 5, should have been top 5 when he became the first champ champ, but w/e.

The fact you even bring up Conor in goat discussions alongside Anderson & Fedor has to be a troll job.

Back