Conor McGregor highly influenced by "The Secret" dvd

He should be careful! The Secret (along with energy drinks) allegedly caused Rampage to go on a rampage w/ his retarded looking truck.

did artem borrow the book from conor because it didn't work out for him.

Believing something is possible is the biggest part to accomplishing it. If you look at the lyrics of the song chad mendes came out to for his fight with conor well that song is about not selling out for something. Conor sold out to the game. He says its all he thinks about day and night. Nothing else matters to him. He is lucky enough to have a girlfriend and family around him that is on board. Perhaps his belief in his dream and dedication convinced them of it. Life is give and take. The more you give the more you take. If you give everything you have to something and not give a damn what no one says or what stands in your way then you will get it. Conor and his coach they came from nothing. No MMA background. No one on his side. An entire nation and soon after world said he was crazy. Irish MMA get out of town. Its a laughing stock. Conor believed in it and look at what it has become. This is why I am a fan. His path to UFC champion really proves that anything is possible if you believe in yourself and you give it your all then any goal is attainable. The law of attraction can be anything you want it to be. The law of attraction didnt make him its about what was already inside of him. A person without drive and determination may look at it and think simply forcing thoughts and telling yourself something will fall into your lap is possible. A person with drive will look at it and see a that self belief and positive thinking will allow you to achieve your dreams if you sell out to the goal.

Very well said, m8.

Conor has demonstrated some pretty fantastic things. Many of his visualizations have come true, and pretty accurately. He said he would take out Dustin Poirier, who was never stopped, in 1 round. Same with Chad. Said the same about Aldo, who also had never been stopped (probably the hardest to believe).It makes some of his accomplishments pretty interesting, and you wonder what he means when he says some of these things about "visualizations". Of course, he has gotten some things wrong and its not like he's predicting things that are rare in the fight game, but it seems overall that his views have brought a lot of benefit to him.

If there is credit to it, then it can be an asset to a fighter in their mental approach to training/development.
I'm visualizing you making another pointless thread about McGregor...

The Secret had a section (at least in the DVD) dedicated to the importance of persistent action, so not sure why people are saying the lady behind it ignored action and claimed you could just think something into existence.

That being said, The Secret was a bit too airy fairy for my tastes, but I'm also not sure how anyone could argue against the notion that persistent action + a positive mental attitude leads to success.

Check out Psyco-Cybernetics for a book that more accurately scientifically explains the power of a positive attitude.

There's also the fact that it's been scientifically proven that the placebo effect is real:

http://listverse.com/2013/02/16/10-crazy-facts-about-the-placebo-effect/

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB117038395724895788

The unconscious mind and nervous system cannot differentiate between reality and something vividly imagined.

Visualization aids in achievement.

Fact.

Conor can be full of huff and puff when he's doing his "work" on camera.

On TUF there were a few absolute GEMS from Conor when he was talking to his team. One thing I liked the most was when Conor told everybody on his team (very loosely paraphrased), "We are the same. We can do the same thing. It's how we think that separates us. Believe in what you can do."

Him being inspired by the book, The Secret, is not a surprise to me because that is basically the entire premise of the book. Positive thinking, you WILL things to happen.

My wife read it and talked to me about it endlessly. She even tried it once and said to me, "I'm just gonna randomly get money in the mail. I will." I said, "Sure, that'll be cool if it happens."

LOL, she gets $348 in the mail randomly. I forget exactly where it came from but it was completely unexpected.

The amazing thing about Connor are his performances not his predictions. Every fighter makes about the same ones, but they often don't come true because they aren't such good fighters.

Also recall bias. People are more likely to remember his accurate descriptions than his fails. I bet you he didn't predict his two submission losses.

And about this law of attraction that's total bullshit. Of course people with a positive attitude and who work hard are more likely to achieve something. Has nothing to do with some mystical force though. Many people expect and visualize about winning the lottery. Well, it's not really possible for them all to win now is it? Same with MMA. If everyone starts practicing this technique will the law of attraction cause a plethora of draws?

Conor can be full of huff and puff when he's doing his "work" on camera.

On TUF there were a few absolute GEMS from Conor when he was talking to his team. One thing I liked the most was when Conor told everybody on his team (very loosely paraphrased), "We are the same. We can do the same thing. It's how we think that separates us. Believe in what you can do."

Him being inspired by the book, The Secret, is not a surprise to me because that is basically the entire premise of the book. Positive thinking, you WILL things to happen.

My wife read it and talked to me about it endlessly. She even tried it once and said to me, "I'm just gonna randomly get money in the mail. I will." I said, "Sure, that'll be cool if it happens."

LOL, she gets $348 in the mail randomly. I forget exactly where it came from but it was completely unexpected.
Ah the power of positive thinking... thats basically how Lloyd Irvin got so rich.

Just for precision, the book he read was documented as Jack Canfield's "Key to Living the Law of Attraction".
And you can find McGregor's "character" inside just reading the summary, chapter by chapter: from purpose to visualization ("if you can see it...") and affirmation ("...and you have the courage enough to speak it"), gratitude (the "Conor bless" catchphrase started with "Conor bless this beautiful life"), action and so on.
It looks like a full absorption (hijacking doesn't sound good for a book - Josh Mario John bless)

He should go out on a double date with Anthony Robbins.

Wouldn't it be funny? You die, show up in heaven, say you did your duties as a Christian or whatever, then the guy in charge looks at you and says "Christian? We don't care about that. You had negative thoughts. GTFO."
This made me literally lol

I agree the secret is bullshit. I am still a believer in the law of attraction and self fulfilling prophecy just not the spin the secret puts on it.

I think there is a fine balance, I agree with both of you but trust me there definetly is something at least to positive/negative thinking thing, I thought it was BS but through some hard lessons I have learnt positive thinking is important.

If your constantly thinking negative/negative things, these things tend to happen more often at least.
Hard work is also extremely important though like both of you say.

Good for him, but I personally believe the book negates the value of hard work. Most people read the thing and believe that if they wish to be successful and think positively, that it'll just fall into their lap.
That is exactly how the law of attraction works. It really is that easy. Your lack of belief is what makes it difficult for you. When you are positive you will be inspired towards positive action. But you won't see it as "hard work" because you will love what you are doing. And it will all be enjoyment. So working hard is a manifestation. But it does not mean you have to struggle or strife to get what you are wanting. And there are plenty of examples of people like that.

The type of rich people you hate. But if you didn't hate them. But appreciated them. Their sense of entitlement. You too can receive wealth with such ease. But no you probably think "I must earn it the hard way, blah blah blah" Well if you wish.... I'd rather be on the path of least resistance. the path of most fun. Doesn't mean action isn't involved. Just means the action was inspired. And is very productive and enjoyable.

Even Conor was talking about, not killing himself in the gym like those other guys. And he was focusing on being more loose, free flowing. "Movement." People's understanding is changing. That old fashioned grind grind grind - then wandering why people getting injured....

Law of attraction is very real. Use the example in the article in your own life. Start with small things like parking spaces. Watch how easy it is to get what you want. Because life is supposed to be great. But we trained ourselves, by buying into other peoples crap, that it is not perfect.

But retrain your mind. See the magic of the universe unfold. We are the creators of our own experience! Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy. Unconditionaly, no matter what. That vibration will send ripples and shockwaves throughout the universe! You are the center of your own universe.

Last edited:
Theres something to it. I've never read the book its probably mostly BS. But visualization and positive thinking works in a lot of areas of life. So i'm more of a believer in this than a critic.

And a lot of comments seem to oppose this with "work ethic" but if done right the two probably go together. This is just a good way to give direction to all your hard work.

I read the Secret 2 years ago when I found that Conor McGregor was influenced by it. Since then I became a millionaire.

Of course positive thinking and actually working towards your goals with motivation can be a recipe for success. Don't really need a magical wizard in his floating kingdom in the sky or his spellbooks to tell you that. The book is for the ignorant and gullible who apparently haven't figured this shit out yet.

Of course positive thinking and actually working towards your goals with motivation can be a recipe for success. Don't really need a magical wizard in his floating kingdom in the sky or his spellbooks to tell you that. The book is for the ignorant and gullible who apparently haven't figured this shit out yet.

And yet I bet I have higher net worth than you, the 'enlightened' one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back