Conor HAS to beat Nate

I apologize

If not satisfaction met I'll dual you outside perhaps?
My only requirement is can, " you say hello Jesus for me?"
Sorry but i have a bruised foot. Besides i only fight for money. Money or women.

It really was an odd move to make.

This isnt the first time the UFCs gambled on one of their golden geese stepping up to the plate in a high-risk/mediocre-reward fashion though.

Think Anderson vs. Griffin on steroids due to a bigger size discrepancy and the fact that the challenger has never won a world title.

If Diaz somehow pulls off a W itd be catastrophic for the UFC

This is waaay different. Anybody who thought that Forrest Griffin had any sort of a shot against Anderson was just silly. Diaz should frankly be the favorite in this fight if you ignore the hype and the money and take an objective look at this fight.

Cowboy was/is as elite as they come.

I don't like Diaz but I can easily see him winning this by Submission. He won't win any rewards trying to bang it out with him though.
I like Cowboy. For me is a very good fighter but not elite. Elite for me is fighters that were champions, are champions or are champion material. Cowboy is a fantastic fighter but he will never be champion. There are a couple of guys in there above his level and he got destroyed by RDA and Pettis. His best win is Bendo and that was a robbery even he was surprised to get the decision. That should have been this THIRD loss to Bendo.

Dude, this was such a jaw droppingly stupid fight to make. The UFC has pretty plainly built their business for the next 4 or 5 years around making McGregor into an absolutely huge superstar. They're running the risk of throwing all of that in the trash for literally nothing. There is no real upside in this for them. Whoever arranged this fight should be fired immediately, it's such bad business. Conor is the Golden Goose right now, they should be protecting him, not just throwing him out there against whoever, especially someone who may very well beat him.
So maybe it IS about actual competition instead of protecting what's best for business

I really Like the way you're going on about this! It does seem Like a challenge with much different parameters than his previous fights! But that's part of what makes his choice entertaining and the fight somewhat meaningful IMO

It was a horrible idea. Conor has never, ever been the shorter guy. If I remember correctly the only southpaw he's fought is Poirier. Never having been the smaller man and never having fought a southpaw where exactly the reasons I picked McGregor over Aldo. Their exactly why I'm picking Diaz over McGregor, along with reasons I've already explained.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state EVERY fighter HAS to win their upcoming fights...or else they lose

Seriously...the level of stupidity around here has hit an all time low lately

....But you realize his hype could stop at any loss right? You see what happened to Ronda Rousey

Ronda wins one fight she's back. Ronda doesn't really count because she lost to the first real fighter she faced. If Conor had lost a close decision to Dos Anjos it doesn't hurt him. If he loses a close fight to Edgar it doesn't really hurt him. Getting beat by Diaz in any fashion hurts him.

So maybe it IS about actual competition instead of protecting what's best for business

Yeah, they can talk whatever B.S. they want to talk about real competition, fight business' are run to make money. Nothing else matters. They made this fight because they thought Diaz would sell the most tickets to this one single event. It's so short sighted and greedy as to boarder on gross.

Yeah, they can talk whatever B.S. they want to talk about real competition, fight business' are run to make money. Nothing else matters. They made this fight because they thought Diaz would sell the most tickets to this one single event. It's so short sighted and greedy as to boarder on gross.

I think this is kind of a silly thing to complain about. I hate it when I feel like a fighter is being protected to save their cash cow, this is basically the opposite of that. You think UFC would look better if they put Conor in there with someone who had 0 chance of victory?

I think this is kind of a silly thing to complain about. I hate it when I feel like a fighter is being protected to save their cash cow, this is basically the opposite of that. You think UFC would look better if they put Conor in there with someone who had 0 chance of victory?

I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out that it is a stupid thing to do from a business perspective. Making an observation and complaining are two different things.

if nate wins there will be a lot of middle fingers and the stockton slap

connors image would never recover from that, hell anything other than a dominating knockout looks bad

if he get´s ninja´d by short notice nate (BTW i don´t think so...), he´s far from deserving a TS at 155

just saying...

I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out that it is a stupid thing to do from a business perspective. Making an observation and complaining are two different things.

Apologies, I saw the "gross" part and read it as a complaint.

Either way, the UFC looks bad as a sporting organisation if they give Conor easy fights, and they look bad as a business if they give Conor tough fights, they can't really win in this situation. Plus I'm not sure they had many choices in this case, and Conor/Diaz is a great matchup for the fans.

Apologies, I saw the "gross" part and read it as a complaint.

Either way, the UFC looks bad as a sporting organisation if they give Conor easy fights, and they look bad as a business if they give Conor tough fights, they can't really win in this situation. Plus I'm not sure they had many choices in this case, and Conor/Diaz is a great matchup for the fans.

They just look irresponsible to me.

Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?

There is so much wrong with this I honestly don't know where to start. It's like every single sentence is filled with wrong. Every word, wrong. I've....I've never seen anything like this.

Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?
What is elite? Do we only have maybe a handful of 'elite fighters' in the history of MMA? To get a title shot, to beat a P4P great, does that not classify you as elite? What is the criteria here?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state EVERY fighter HAS to win their upcoming fights...or else they lose

Seriously...the level of stupidity around here has hit an all time low lately
I don't think you get it. If McGOAT loses he's just McGregor and all that McGOAT money goes right out the window.

They just look irresponsible to me.

Maybe, but they must have figured he had a very real chance of losing to RDA as well, and losing to a 170lb Nate doesn't look too much worse.

Or do you think they shouldn't of even let him go after RDA?

Maybe, but they must have figured he had a very real chance of losing to RDA as well, and losing to a 170lb Nate doesn't look too much worse.

Or do you think they shouldn't of even let him go after RDA?

Dos Anjos is the Champion, though. That is a huge difference. Diaz has had one title fight two years ago and got obliterated.

Back