Conor HAS to beat Nate

He's fighting a 155 lb fighter, at 170. This is a catchweight fight, let's not confuse ourselves. You can't continue to build this massive hype train around him if he goes out there and gets demolished by a guy who at this point is a mid tier 155 lb fighter. And I think there is a better than average chance of that happening.
Alright, I'll buy that. :)

You're not going to a whole lot of dudes who are going to take an ultra short notice on weight fight that didn't just fight or have a fight scheduled.
Yeah you're right. In the end it seems like they had 3 options. Cerrone, Nate and Faber.

I am of the belief that no fighter should be protected.

This isn't really about protecting Conor. It's about not doing needless, unnecessary damage to the value of your promotion as a whole.

Yeah you're right. In the end it seems like they had 3 options. Cerrone, Nate and Faber.

I really don't understand why they didn't give Cerrone, who just fought, the fight at 155.

I really don't understand why they didn't give Cerrone, who just fought, the fight at 155.
I'm guessing this was Dana's idea. Ultimate hype match and shit. He's thinking like a promoter.

I'm guessing this was Dana's idea. Ultimate hype match and shit. He's thinking like a promoter.

Not like a very good one. Diaz is a horrible match up for Conor.

It's a sport. Losing a bout isn't the end of your life.

The McGregor hater army just can't wait for him to lose so they can spam sherdog with gloating over another man's fall. For years now they've been literally praying for a loss every time McGregor enters the ring. Finally, a "victory" in their empty, bitter lives. It's pretty goddamn pathetic if you ask me.

Go on. Try to stretch a post out past 5 words. See where it takes you.
my post wasn't really empty at difference of yours... come one, conor will indeed make it look easy, he's too fast, too strong, too precise, throws spinning shit to setup his punches , yes it will be easy

Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?

Thompson, RDA, Benson all hold the keys to beating a Diaz, heavy leg kicks, good wrestling and BJJ to neutralize Nates guard. Conor has none of those traits.

Obviously depends how fight goes and Conors performance afterwards. If he gets beat, how? Was he winning the whole time but gets caught in a freak sub like chael? Was his ass beat? Two very different things. One he could lose his shot at RDA even. Other wouldnt be so bad.

Then performance afterwards... say he does get beat but wins next 3-4 fights in dominating fashion including RDA. All will be forgotten.

Anyway don't worry- done in one.

Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?
Only if you are using MMATH.

But Conor needs to win all his fight, just like every fighter. You lose and you suck, isn't that the way of things on here?

It will be interesting to see how he will handle the loss. With he Rousey or will he GSP.

Not like a very good one. Diaz is a horrible match up for Conor.
Only if Conor keeps coming forward like a zombie. When you think of it though he has all the tools to tool Nate. Think of the Bendo and Thompson fight. Conor has the speed advantage and the technique. If he fights smart he could win this rather comfortably. IF he fights smart. That headkick Thompson landed on Nate, Conor can do that too. But i think he has to fight a little different.

my post wasn't really empty at difference of yours... come one, conor will indeed make it look easy, he's too fast, too strong, too precise, throws spinning shit to setup his punches , yes it will be easy

You used more words, but this is still an empty post. He's far from "too fast" or "too strong". Those are meaningless, empty qualifiers that people who clearly don't actually know anything about fighting (like you) have been using on these boards for years. Conor is also "too short" and has "too short of arms" and is "too small". You can't give a guy who is already bigger than you an extra 15 pounds to screw around, to fight you at a weight that he has fought at before multiple times that you've never fought at ever. you have no idea how that is going to effect your performance, considering Conor is going to have to completely change his fighting style from everything he's ever done ever in his fighting career to be successful. This was a stupid, arrogant idea and he's about to come crashing back down to earth.

Only if you are using MMATH.

But Conor needs to win all his fight, just like every fighter. You lose and you suck, isn't that the way of things on here?
It's not MMAth really. I'm not saying Conor should beat Nate because his style is so and so and he lost to so and so. I'm saying Conor should beat Nate because Nate always loses to elite fighters.

Back