Conor HAS to beat Nate

Nate has glaring weak points as a fighter, it has nothing to do with him not being elite or not, it's just that certain fighters like Bendo have strengths in areas where he is weak and exploits them, I am not sure Conor will use his wrestling (lawl) and low kicks. However I think Conor will most likely beat him, I mean 10 days? For most fighters thats no where near enough time to prepare.

You used more words, but this is still an empty post. He's far from "too fast" or "too strong". Those are meaningless, empty qualifiers that people who clearly don't actually know anything about fighting (like you) have been using on these boards for years. Conor is also "too short" and has "too short of arms" and is "too small". You can't give a guy who is already bigger than you an extra 15 pounds to screw around, to fight you at a weight that he has fought at before multiple times that you've never fought at ever. you have no idea how that is going to effect your performance, considering Conor is going to have to completely change his fighting style from everything he's ever done ever in his fighting career to be successful. This was a stupid, arrogant idea and he's about to come crashing back down to earth.
nate diaz is too slow for him, and even tho he's taller and has more reach conor knows very well how to close distance, you will see

Only if Conor keeps coming forward like a zombie. When you think of it though he has all the tools to tool Nate. Think of the Bendo and Thompson fight. Conor has the speed advantage and the technique. If he fights smart he could win this rather comfortably. IF he fights smart. That headkick Thompson landed on Nate, Conor can do that too. But i think he has to fight a little different.

He has all the tools to make Nate look really bad if Nate was the exact same height and weight with the exact same reach. He isn't he's much taller and longer and is going to be much heavier. Bendo and Thompson are much, much bigger men than Conor, and they fight nothing like him. They beat Nate because they could impose their size and strength advantage on him. Conor can't do that. Did you really just compare Conor Mcgregor to Benson Henderson? Come on, sir. Benson Henderson's legs look like Conor's torso. Conor can't kick Diaz like that. He's far too short and will have to close distance to land anything. Thompson didn't have to do any of that.

Nate has glaring weak points as a fighter, it has nothing to do with him not being elite or not, it's just that certain fighters like Bendo have strengths in areas where he is weak and exploits them, I am not sure Conor will use his wrestling (lawl) and low kicks. However I think Conor will most likely beat him, I mean 10 days? For most fighters thats no where near enough time to prepare.
Thomson beat Nate on the feet, i just watched that fight again today. I have not rewatched the Bendo and RDA fight and yes they did mix it up with wrestling but they were getting the better of him on the feet as well.

He has all the tools to make Nate look really bad if Nate was the exact same height and weight with the exact same reach. He isn't he's much taller and longer and is going to be much heavier. Bendo and Thompson are much, much bigger men than Conor, and they fight nothing like him. They beat Nate because they could impose their size and strength advantage on him. Conor can't do that. Did you really just compare Conor Mcgregor to Benson Henderson? Come on, sir. Benson Henderson's legs look like Conor's torso. Conor can't kick Diaz like that. He's far too short and will have to close distance to land anything. Thompson didn't have to do any of that.
Well if you are right in that Bendo and Thompson are much bigger than Conor than that weakens my argument and i agree with you. I'm not sure though.

Dude, this was such a jaw droppingly stupid fight to make. The UFC has pretty plainly built their business for the next 4 or 5 years around making McGregor into an absolutely huge superstar. They're running the risk of throwing all of that in the trash for literally nothing. There is no real upside in this for them. Whoever arranged this fight should be fired immediately, it's such bad business. Conor is the Golden Goose right now, they should be protecting him, not just throwing him out there against whoever, especially someone who may very well beat him.

It really was an odd move to make.

This isnt the first time the UFCs gambled on one of their golden geese stepping up to the plate in a high-risk/mediocre-reward fashion though.

Think Anderson vs. Griffin on steroids due to a bigger size discrepancy and the fact that the challenger has never won a world title.

If Diaz somehow pulls off a W itd be catastrophic for the UFC

It's not MMAth really. I'm not saying Conor should beat Nate because his style is so and so and he lost to so and so. I'm saying Conor should beat Nate because Nate always loses to elite fighters.
Cowboy was/is as elite as they come.

I don't like Diaz but I can easily see him winning this by Submission. He won't win any rewards trying to bang it out with him though.

Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?

I read your post. It took about 16 seconds. I was not interested at first but muddled through.

I can't rememberer what you wrote.
I apologize.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda yes?

Did I get it right?

If! Diaz is in shape he will beat coonor.

Its diaz brother vs Irish? Connor ant Irish!

I don't see it.

I read your post. It took about 16 seconds. I was not interested at first but muddled through.

I apologize.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda yes?

Did I get it right?

I don't see it.
Not impressed. I wrote that in 5 seconds.

The real question is if Conor gets beat by Nate does he keep his title shot?

this place will become so goddamn funny if nate wins. the amount of denial that will be flung around will be hard to even track.

I don't think that MMA math like that always works out, but I 100% agree with you think this seems like a bit of a must win for Conor at 155. If he loses I think his prospects at 155 take a huge hit. That being said, worst case Ontario he's still the 145 champ.

I apologize.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda yes?

Did I get it right?

I don't see it.

Bad post in my part. I apologize.

A healthy, of weight Diaz brother kill Conor.

I would bet two brown shoes on it, it's all I got.

It's a sport. Losing a bout isn't the end of your life.

The McGregor hater army just can't wait for him to lose so they can spam sherdog with gloating over another man's fall. For years now they've been literally praying for a loss every time McGregor enters the ring. Finally, a "victory" in their empty, bitter lives. It's pretty goddamn pathetic if you ask me.

I don't think it's about McGregor losing. It's about rubbing it all over his fans face, because they've been rubbing his victories all over others face. Saying Aldo is shit n stuff.

nate diaz is too slow for him, and even tho he's taller and has more reach conor knows very well how to close distance, you will see

Your hero's train bout to get derailed ya new age nut-hugger!

7LxyeF8.gif

Dude, this was such a jaw droppingly stupid fight to make. The UFC has pretty plainly built their business for the next 4 or 5 years around making McGregor into an absolutely huge superstar. They're running the risk of throwing all of that in the trash for literally nothing. There is no real upside in this for them. Whoever arranged this fight should be fired immediately, it's such bad business. Conor is the Golden Goose right now, they should be protecting him, not just throwing him out there against whoever, especially someone who may very well beat him.
....But you realize his hype could stop at any loss right? You see what happened to Ronda Rousey

You used more words, but this is still an empty post. He's far from "too fast" or "too strong". Those are meaningless, empty qualifiers that people who clearly don't actually know anything about fighting (like you) have been using on these boards for years. Conor is also "too short" and has "too short of arms" and is "too small". You can't give a guy who is already bigger than you an extra 15 pounds to screw around, to fight you at a weight that he has fought at before multiple times that you've never fought at ever. you have no idea how that is going to effect your performance, considering Conor is going to have to completely change his fighting style from everything he's ever done ever in his fighting career to be successful. This was a stupid, arrogant idea and he's about to come crashing back down to earth.

I really Like the way you're going on about this! It does seem Like a challenge with much different parameters than his previous fights! But that's part of what makes his choice entertaining and the fight somewhat meaningful IMO

I'll be so surprised if Nate finds a way to beat Conor. But it would fill my heart with joy.

Back