Conor HAS to beat Nate

OliverAtom

Granite Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Been thinking about this and Conor really has to beat Nate no excuses. Nate is a very good fighter but he is not elite, never was and never will be. He got outclassed by Bendo, Thompson and RDA all of whom are the same size as Conor. So if Conor is truly an elite fighter(which i believe he is) he will beat Nate. And if he is as good as i tink he is he will DOMINATE Nate.

Because if he loses to Nate can we really say he is better than the likes of Bendo, Thompson and RDA?

uhhh... it took you thinking about this a lot to come to that conclusion?

I hope so.

We don't need to lose half of our posting population due to suicide.

12705647_10156543782870371_3880104471442018291_n.jpg

It's a little tricky because this one is at 170. A weight Conor has never been to.

Dude, this was such a jaw droppingly stupid fight to make. The UFC has pretty plainly built their business for the next 4 or 5 years around making McGregor into an absolutely huge superstar. They're running the risk of throwing all of that in the trash for literally nothing. There is no real upside in this for them. Whoever arranged this fight should be fired immediately, it's such bad business. Conor is the Golden Goose right now, they should be protecting him, not just throwing him out there against whoever, especially someone who may very well beat him.

Stop using MMAth
Perfect example of MMA math

Bro. That's not MMAth. MMAth is when you use it to say a Rattle Snake can beat a Bobcat because the Rattle Snake also beat the Wolf who in turn beat the Bobcat.

I am talking about the natural order of food chain in the jungle. Where the Lion always sits at the top.

Dude, this was such a jaw droppingly stupid fight to make. The UFC has pretty plainly built their business for the next 4 or 5 years around making McGregor into an absolutely huge superstar. They're running the risk of throwing all of that in the trash for literally nothing. There is no real upside in this for them. Whoever arranged this fight should be fired immediately, it's such bad business. Conor is the Golden Goose right now, they should be protecting him, not just throwing him out there against whoever, especially someone who may very well beat him.
I am of the belief that no fighter should be protected.

WOULD agree with you, had it not been for remark by gboy above, namely that Conor has never fought at 170. A McGregor loss would suck, but it wouldn't be devastating.

Conor insisted on it though. And he gets what he wants. If you ask me they should have atleast made it at 155. Give a take it or leave it offer to Nate.

WOULD agree with you, had it not been for remark by gboy above, namely that Conor has never fought at 170. A McGregor loss would suck, but it wouldn't be devastating.

He's fighting a 155 lb fighter, at 170. This is a catchweight fight, let's not confuse ourselves. You can't continue to build this massive hype train around him if he goes out there and gets demolished by a guy who at this point is a mid tier 155 lb fighter. And I think there is a better than average chance of that happening.

Conor insisted on it though. And he gets what he wants. If you ask me they should have atleast made it at 155. Give a take it or leave it offer to Nate.

You're not going to a whole lot of dudes who are going to take an ultra short notice on weight fight that didn't just fight or have a fight scheduled.

Back