Conor earning 2 to 3 times what GSP did.

I'm curious as to why you think it seems like that. Which fighters are you thinking of? Who is making less than they did than two years ago?

Certainly there seems to be a lot of discontented fighters, more than 2 hm years, definitely... Reebok deal not included, Nate Diaz springs to mind, but there were a lot less fighters looking at other options for sure. Could be jealousy and I know Bellator isn't paying top dollar to everybody on the roster either.. But if they chopped a million off Conor's paycheck and divided it does the card people's lives would dramatically improve.

Dat hype train. Conor doesn't even make 2/3 of what GSP made.

Conor has a far better business brain than all the top fighters that have come before him, every interview he does he is publicly negotiating, everyone thinks it's bragging but really he's telling the UFC he knows exactly what he's worth and that he'll get his fair share.

He's on a different level at every aspect of MMA.
at every level of MMA? That's a bit much. He seems like a Attention WHore to many MMA fans.

1 million PPVs at 60 a piece. You do the math. The money is there and he deserves it. Simple as that.

Half goes to the PPV provider. Conor would be getting over a third of their $30 million PPV money.

I'm glad Conor is getting paid, but UFC will use it as an excuse to not pay the lower and mid-level guys. They'll say they're spending too much on Conor.

People crying about Conor's 8 figure per fight contract.

aldo.gif

All power to the guy, but it seems like the more he makes the less everyone else does.

"A closed mouth doesn't get fed."
Everyone else had better start speaking up.

Where did I say I hate justice?

You didn't but you agreed with that guy, and were complaining about "social justice warriors"

Not trying to single you out, I see people use that term on here a lot lately. I'm confused, why is justice a bad thing. Or is it just being a warrior for social justice that's bad?

Certainly there seems to be a lot of discontented fighters, more than 2 hm years, definitely... Reebok deal not included, Nate Diaz springs to mind, but there were a lot less fighters looking at other options for sure. Could be jealousy and I know Bellator isn't paying top dollar to everybody on the roster either.. But if they chopped a million off Conor's paycheck and divided it does the card people's lives would dramatically improve.

So you basically have nothing. You can't name a single fighter being paid less than they were two years ago.

Diaz is underpaid imo, but he's being paid more than he was, not less, and reportedly his new contract was structured to pay a sizable amount up front with less per fight. And fighters complaining doesn't show that they are making less, it shows they are beginning to realize they could be making even more.

Absolutely delusional, thats pure revenue. 50% goes to ppv providers, so leaves $30 million revenue for UFC minus expenses paying all other fighters, all the UFC staff, keeping office and production staff, advertising expenses, THEIR OWN PROFIT, etc etc
Well the UFC only gets about half that, the other half goes to the cable providers. There is no way in hell that Conor is getting 1/3rd of the UFC take....
Yeah, I took the cable company into account in the original post.

If you don't think he can get a third of the take, well, think harder. It's a different sport so he's not getting a mayweather cut, but mayweather takes well over half the total ppv revenue. To think Conor will get a third is not delusional whatsoever.

Think about it, all the fighter pay and overhead the UFC has doesn't change. They cover that margin on a card that sells 300k, and maybe even less. It's all gravy after that, and conor is the reason. If he's any kind of a negotiator, a third is very reasonable.

You didn't but you agreed with that guy, and were complaining about "social justice warriors"

Not trying to single you out, I see people use that term on here a lot lately. I'm confused, why is justice a bad thing. Or is it just being a warrior for social justice that's bad?
Justice is a great thing, and someone fighting for real justice is a hero in my opinion.

But the typical social justice warrior is your modern day metro hipster who sides with whatever the current pop culture deems acceptable and is quick to jump on a justice crusade against anyone who cant turn around and claim discrimination.

For example, he's the type to defend the rights of gays and lesbians and make a big deal out of of an isolated incident on some college campus in the US... but he wont comment on the fact that gays are executed in most muslim countries, because if he goes there he'll be labeled an islamophobe, or a bigot.

Just one example, not sure if it's the best one but just trying to give you an idea.

I don't know about 8 figures a fight that seems to be pushing it unless he got at least $6 a buy with anything over 1 million buys. Which I could see the UFC giving into that but I can't see them giving him much more so he still needs to come up with 3-4 million in purse, sponsors, and bonuses. But I'd assume under a 1 million buys he probably is the typical $3 a buy over the 400K in buys or whatever the number is today.

Either way Conor is making great money and its all because he makes people love or hate him and he puts on show in the cage. Can't fault him for that in a sport filled with a bunch of very blah personalities in the public spot light.

Justice is a great thing, and someone fighting for real justice is a hero in my opinion.

But the typical social justice warrior is your modern day metro hipster who sides with whatever the current pop culture deems acceptable and is quick to jump on a justice crusade against anyone who cant turn around and claim discrimination.

For example, he's the type to defend the rights of gays and lesbians and make a big deal out of of an isolated incident on some college campus in the US... but he wont comment on the fact that gays are executed in most muslim countries, because if he goes there he'll be labeled an islamophobe, or a bigot.

Just one example, not sure if it's the best one but just trying to give you an idea.

There's always going to be masses of sheep.

It's better to have them supporting justice than intolerance or war...

Conor should get paid more than GSP.

The guy finishes fights and has the balls to fight outside of his weight class.

He is a legacy hunter.

GSP was a decision hunter.

Back