Conor earning 2 to 3 times what GSP did.

He made $3 million from 189 plus the bet he offered to make with Dana was given to him as a bonus, he made more than $3million from 194.
Conor's new contract was signed before UFC 194.

It shouldn't be surprising that Conor is making more per fight than what GSP was making, the GSP era has come to and end which means new stars arise, and typically make more money. GSP was paid waaayyy more than Randy, Chuck, Hughes and the guys of those era, whom were still competing when GSP first started in the UFC. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

One thing to remember though, Conor just started making this money and who knows what happens to his salary if he were to lose in devastating fashion. Whereas GSP on the other hand was reported to make 5 Mil per fight (not including sponsorship dollars), and he did that for several fights.

Also, GSP doesn't seem to spend his money at all!! lol Seems like a very modest dude without a ton of flash. Still lives in his condo in Montreal from what I understand, drives a Range Rover and probably lives the good life.

Conor on the other hand is spending like crazy!! And hey, all the power to him... I would be doing the same shit!!

Most of the money he's making is paid by idiots who eat up his trash talk and buy into the hype.

I dont hate McGregor, I just think his over the top fanbase is annoying and if he has to lose for them to go away then his downfall is what I'm rooting for.

But he doesn't have any of my money, I never pay for UFC ppv's nor would I ever buy their shitty merchandise.

He's getting rich off the money of his idiot fanbase mostly... good for him, and fuck them. He's gonna lose soon and be rich, they'll be poorer and on suicide watch... it's all good.
I have a real problem with people who say "buy into the hype" in regards to Mcgregor... he knocked out the #1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds. He deserves the hype... Will he beat Dos Anjos? I have no idea, however KTFOing the #1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds proves that he deserved all the hype got. Will he do the same at 155? I'd love to see it but I'll wait and see before I board the ship however he 100% deserves everything he's gotten so far and to say otherwise is ignorant.

I sound bitter??? "THE UFC WILL NEVER GET ANY OF MY MONEY!" sounds a lot more bitter to me, I'm not a Conor fanboy, I like him & the way he fights but I'm not delusional, I just don't let emotions cloud the truth.
If you're gonna quote me at least do it accurately instead of twisting my words and losing the little credibility you had left.

Good for you, I said my piece and left it at that, but you sound like you're upset cause I'm not a Conor fan. Emotions aren't clouding anything you dummy, did I say anything to discredit his fighting ability?

Seriously, stfu.

I have a real problem with people who say "buy into the hype" in regards to Mcgregor... he knocked out the #1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds. He deserves the hype... Will he beat Dos Anjos? I have no idea, however KTFOing the #1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds proves that he deserved all the hype got. Will he do the same at 155? I'd love to see it but I'll wait and see before I board the ship however he 100% deserves everything he's gotten so far and to say otherwise is ignorant.
Ya, if you say he's one of the best FW's in the world, I agree it's not hype.

But when you got a forum full of morons calling a guy with two top 10 wins at 145, a title contender at WW, then it's fucken over the top hype.

We honestly know so little about how they live their personal lives. How many times have we been disappointed by celebrity / athlete we thought were good guys?
You have a point but the stark difference between the two that's outwardly visible is huge

Even if it's true. This has happened in every single sport. Ask Ali what he thinks about Tyson money. Then ask Tyson what he thinks about Floyd money. Pay for pro athletes has risen by astounding percentages over the course of pro sports. Today's stars make more than yesterday's stars. GSP was happy with his contracts I imagine. We know he probably made more than any other MMA fighter of his time during his career.

But, that doesn't mean Conor even gets a seat at the GOAT table. There are 3-4 guys sitting at that table right now. Conor is comfortably seated at the kiddies table.

And don't kid yourself. If GSP came out of retirement to fight again. And even if he was fighting Conor. The majority of the ppl tuning in would be there to see GSP. And GSP would make equal if not more money on that fight.

EDIT... And he'd beat the shit out of Conor.
really doubt gsp draws more than mcgregor, even coming out of retirement

The fighter only makes $1 or $2 per ppv over 500,000.

I can only see him making $1 mill to $2 mill max from fighter pay and ppv, and he only gets pennies for sponsorship because of reebok. GSP was HEAVILY sponsored and would raked in more than Connor makes from that alone.

Source? His show money was $500k (no win bonus)

Absolutely delusional, thats pure revenue. 50% goes to ppv providers, so leaves $30 million revenue for UFC minus expenses paying all other fighters, all the UFC staff, keeping office and production staff, advertising expenses, THEIR OWN PROFIT, etc etc

:rolleyes:

Conor haters won't be happy about this!!!! They'll try to deny but they have no clue.

You can say that again hahaha people are super salty he is getting paid :D

If you're gonna quote me at least do it accurately instead of twisting my words and losing the little credibility you had left.

Good for you, I said my piece and left it at that, but you sound like you're upset cause I'm not a Conor fan. Emotions aren't clouding anything you dummy, did I say anything to discredit his fighting ability?

Seriously, stfu.
I don't care if you're a Conor fan or not, you just sound stupid when you say every person who buys it out of 1million is an idiot when you don't know any of them.

All power to the guy, but it seems like the more he makes the less everyone else does.

I'm curious as to why you think it seems like that. Which fighters are you thinking of? Who is making less than they did than two years ago?

All of the money but none of the legacy of GSP.

1 million PPVs at 60 a piece. You do the math. The money is there and he deserves it. Simple as that.
Well the UFC only gets about half that, the other half goes to the cable providers. There is no way in hell that Conor is getting 1/3rd of the UFC take....

I don't care if you're a Conor fan or not, you just sound stupid when you say every person who buys it out of 1million is an idiot when you don't know any of them.
Again, that's not what I said.

I said most of MMA/WWE fanbase is unfortunately meatheads, psuedo tough guys, and mental midgets, but of course not all.

I said most of MMA/WWE fanbase is unfortunately meatheads, psuedo tough guys, and mental midgets, but of course not all.
What does WWE have to do with this? If you're a WWE fan you should be talking about that elsewhere.

I used to think this sport was about who the better fighter was.

It is. If McGregor wasn't KOing very good fighters then he wouldn't be making the money he is making. Of course, the sport isn't only about fighting. It never has been only about fighting and it never will be only about fighting.

I've never understood why folks treat as if it is so binary, as if MMA can only be about fighting skills or about selling tickets. It's clearly both. Maybe a better way of saying it is to that the fighters the sport is about making a living by showing who the better fighter is. Such a definition encompasses both aspects: fighting skills and selling tickets.

For the last couple years the fan base was feminists and metrosexuals....

Back